Sacreste by Laboratorio Olfattivo
Shop now
Search on
Search
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Shop now
Sacreste is a popular perfume by Laboratorio Olfattivo for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is smoky-resinous. It is still available to purchase.
Search on
Search

Smoky
Resinous
Green

CardamomCardamom Elemi resinElemi resin LabdanumLabdanum SaffronSaffron
FrankincenseFrankincense Somalian frankincenseSomalian frankincense Black pepperBlack pepper Hydrocarboresine CypriolCypriol
Ambermax®Ambermax® CashmeranCashmeran MuskMusk Virginia cedarVirginia cedar Gaiac woodGaiac wood

Perfumer

Submitted by Freshdennis, last update on 29.05.2023.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

Cold incense
The Saffron opens up fighting for attention with the Cardamom. After they calm down, enters the black wrapper in Incense.

It's a nice fragrance for sure, but the impression I have is that all notes are pointing to the same direction; all sharp, cold, and spicy. It feels like some sweet is lacking to counterbalance things a bit, as it's super dry.

You need to be in the mood to wear it. I can't find a lot of occasions where I would spray it 3 or 4 times before going (I'm 40 yo/M). For the time being, it will remain as a fragrance for my notes explorations and learning and less for real use.

I could not find smaller samples before buying, but I highly recommend you try it before getting a bottle.
9.5
Altholz
Mystical vapor of happiness!
A sad and grey day in November. A virus is raging outside, it's quiet. Empty are the thoughts, not doing what I want to do A silver lining, Sacreste has come, still sealed. Sprayed on and leaned back... Man, what I've longed for! Noble woods, light incense and black pepper, finally you are there, you mega bull's eye! You don't have to say more, everybody should wear it by himself... not only in November... No, also on other days! Enraptured and full of energy I leave you now alone, but Sacreste and I, we pull together!
4 Replies
7.5
Helpful Review 15
To the Church of Holy Incense
My last research led me to a remote church in a lonely village. I stood in front of it, looked at the church and the iron cross on the roof above the bell, ravens crowed beside me and fluttered away. It was cold and wet, windy, a dirty weather. But today was the day. I was told that the altar boys waved very special incense here. This call had spread far beyond the village borders, I even recognized a Stuttgart license plate number at the last service. So it happened that my newspaper - the trade journal Sacreste - asked me to find out more.

When I attended the last fair with a glued-on beard and a fundamentally changed look, I breathed the smoke myself and was in a frenzy. One of the altar boys was waving the censer right next to me. The other participants in my row of seats and I groaned heavily breathing and intoxicated, one even reached for the altar boy and caught him at the tip of his liturgical vestment, but he disappeared.
So now I had applied as an altar boy and was accepted, this was to be my cover. Today was my first day. My goal was to find out what made this incense so extraordinary. After I was introduced and clothed, I saw how the incense was to be filled into the incense burner. I did this obviously too conspicuously and so I was found out or rather my desire was suspected. And now I am lying here, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, released from a car after an endless journey, reporting on the fragments that had been reported to me about the incense. Knowing that this intoxication would befuddle me to such an extent that I could no longer draw any coherent conclusions.
As I sat there, tied up like this in the midst of the steaming incense-barrels, I was laughingly shown how to prepare it. There was a lot of pepper added to the ordinary incense, the result was so intense, compared to Journey Man (my signature), said Amouage creation was just the fragrance for beginners. Anyway, different incense and elemi-resin were mixed, so that the fragrance appeared much more complex and complete than other monotonous incense. This deep, intense fragrance was refined and spiced with saffron. At some point I realized that incense alone is not responsible for this fragrance. Nobody told me, but when the fragrance rose to the ceiling of the room and the room answered the scent with its own scent like in a steam sauna, I noticed the uniqueness of the circumstances. Very untypical was the whole church built of cedar and guaiac tree. This seemed to add a certain sweetness and smokiness. Then it slowly became dizzy around me and I stepped away.
Now I sit here, completely exhausted by the events. It's getting dark, the events happened many hours ago
7 Replies
Top Review 32
Pictures of the lead glass of the small church
The hatch of my attic faces west. Sleeping, it stares at the blind lead glass of the small church. It is my window to the perception of the world. In the morning, the rays of the deep sun shimmer in it, my eyes are dazzled by the sparks of colour that begin to flicker, silhouettes swim sharply like camphor on the edges of the glass, pepper powdery like dust in the light, fresh fennel flirts citrically and woody over the walls of my attic, incense wobbles like water reflections through the chamber, droplets of the pale resin dance on the eyes, ice blue, yellow and green still everything is cool kaleidoscope of bright clouds rolling through misty mountain forests.
Soon the stars are rising, the images in the lead glass become denser, medically harsh, knotty riverbed herbs mix with the fog, which now shimmers darker through the chamber, dim and Somali sharp.
The planet continues to rotate the lead glass, the images in it become warmer, woods rise up in the drizzly mist of incense, only cedars at first, before later the evening Amber in the west paints the walls of the chamber and the light breaks through the lead glass on earthy-balsamic guaiac wood. Now the Sacreste, the sexton, has opened the gates of the church to the west, now the red rays of the Amber fall horizontally into my world.
With "Sacreste", Luca Maffei ("1..1" by Nobile 1942, "Odori d'Anima - Archetipo" by Mendittorosa) has created an incense fragrance that initially presents itself bright and pungent, but soon descends increasingly into reddish, warm, resinous depths without losing its peppery pungency or becoming sweetish. The projection is rather strong for the first hour, before the fragrance recedes at close range, where it can be perceived well for another five to six hours.
27 Replies

FbioxFbiox 6 months ago
A beautiful, round and resinous incense with a balsamic twist. A must have for incense fragrances lovers.
FantasmargFantasmarg 8 months ago
very realistic cold incense, green tinted, persistent, cold stone: pretty

Popular by Laboratorio Olfattivo

Alambar by Laboratorio Olfattivo Vanhera by Laboratorio Olfattivo Nerotic by Laboratorio Olfattivo Mandarino by Laboratorio Olfattivo Arancia Rossa by Laboratorio Olfattivo Kashnoir by Laboratorio Olfattivo Daimiris by Laboratorio Olfattivo Vanagloria by Laboratorio Olfattivo Alkemi by Laboratorio Olfattivo Décou-Vert by Laboratorio Olfattivo Patchouliful by Laboratorio Olfattivo Tonkade by Laboratorio Olfattivo Limone by Laboratorio Olfattivo Cozumel by Laboratorio Olfattivo MyLO by Laboratorio Olfattivo Nirmal by Laboratorio Olfattivo Nun (Eau de Parfum) by Laboratorio Olfattivo Nerosa by Laboratorio Olfattivo Noblige by Laboratorio Olfattivo Need_U (Eau de Parfum) by Laboratorio Olfattivo