Tilia by Marc-Antoine Barrois
A new perfume by Marc-Antoine Barrois for women and men, released in 2024. The scent is floral-fresh. Projection and longevity are above-average.

Floral
Fresh
Synthetic
Creamy

Fragrance Notes

HeliotropeHeliotrope Linden treeLinden tree AmbroxanAmbroxan BroomBroom VetiverVetiver Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac Woody notesWoody notes

Perfumer

Submitted by Spl3xx, last update on 24.04.2024.

Top Review 79
Ariadne's thread
Uncommented fragrance no. 180

Tilia is the Latin name for lime tree and thus lays a trail that could lead a little astray, but like Ariadne's thread can point the way out of the labyrinth. Initially, I find heliotrope more dominant, which has a very characteristic scent and, in my opinion, always exudes a somewhat frosted, unconventionally creamy powderiness. Broom also seems plausible to me and under this framework, lime blossom is also recognizable, albeit less strong and characteristic than in Lindenblüte or Tilleul (1995) and other comparably intense lime blossom perfumes, which I appreciate, but which sometimes exude such a painful sweetness that they seem like melancholy memories. Here, it has been handled with style and sophistication and the composition fits together, seems as if it has been cast from a single mold, and perhaps the above-mentioned jasmine and vetiver are also part of this harmonious overall impression, even if I can only imagine them at best.

Incidentally, this fragrance also shows how synthetic and almost inflationarily used fragrances such as Amboxan can be incorporated well: everything seems a bit like strongly scented skin cream - and that is not bold, but even a bit sexy.

Following on from this thought, I would like to emphasize that the fragrance is very feminine in my opinion, which does not exclude the possibility that men should wear it, possibly especially those with a masculine aura, in order to bring out their feminine shadow (psychoanalytically speaking).

Incidentally, the fragrance has a disadvantage that many here might see as an advantage: It has tremendous charisma in terms of sillage and longevity; too much of a good thing for me, as I appreciate lighter, more subtle fragrances. One spray lasted me the whole afternoon and evening. Nevertheless: another great achievement by Barrois - very much in the style of Ganymede Eau de Parfum, which smells completely different, but combines synthetics and classic composition just as well.

Very helpful Review 13
Butterflies in the stomach
I haven't had a crush like this for a long time. Love at first sight is rare for me, I usually fall in love with a fragrance slowly, sometimes it's just a strong liking, feelings on the back burner, so to speak. Which of course doesn't stop me from buying the fragrance. After all, as a victim of capitalism, I need my little serotonin high after a successful shopping trip.

I've read a lot about Tilia in the forum over the last few weeks. The notes appealed to me and I was simply curious about this spring fragrance with its highly praised performance. So I ordered a bottle from the souk, which arrived in my letterbox a few days later - unfortunately the bottle was broken, the envelope was soaked and my mood hit rock bottom.
However, I was immediately impressed by the wonderful fragrance, the envelope smelled so wonderfully fresh, flowery, warm and sexy that I immediately ordered a 30 ml bottle. In the meantime, the envelope was allowed to scent the inside of my car.
The bottle arrived yesterday and I have to say, this is probably the beginning of a great love story. Yes, Tilia is definitely synthetic, but in the best sense. Nothing is scratchy or distractingly noticeable. The honey note contributes such a pleasant, unobtrusive sweetness, the floral notes make me constantly think of spring and dream of warmer days. The longevity is really good, with 3 sprays in the early morning I can still smell myself in the afternoon. Incidentally, the spray head is also absolutely fantastic - a fine but powerful mist, not too pinpoint.
Even though the fragrance is marketed as unisex and according to reviews many male users also use it, I see the fragrance more on female readers.
With Tilia I'm really looking forward to the coming months!

Helpful Review 14
Oh, how my heart soars...
I finally have it, the most beautiful lime tree blossom under the sun! There is a lime tree alley in my town where I regularly go for walks. Especially when the trees are in bloom and the air is full of the buzzing and whirring of bees and bumblebees harvesting the sweet nectar of the lime blossom. I have been looking for this unique scent for a long time - Tilia has fulfilled my wish. I don't notice a trace of synthetics. There is also broom in it, but I have no idea what broom smells like and therefore cannot recognize it. Tilia is soft and floral, but lasts a long time. It's not overpowering, but if you get close to me, you'll be enchanted. Pfoah, she's beautiful!

Helpful Review 4
Stunning
“You go under the green lime trees on the promenade.
Lime trees smell good on June evenings!
The air so sweet, it makes you close your eyes"
These words by Rimbaud, in their apparent simplicity, perfectly describe what this fragrance is: the term I would give it is ecstatic.
Linden flowers’ aromahave refers to simple things, to passing by while walking and always being surprised by the smell of its flowers, by the heart shape of its leaves, and, for a moment, thinking about how beautiful nature is, thinking how beautiful the things are that we often take for granted.
Tilia is a wonderful fragrance, with lime tree in all its parts, even the sweet and honeyed one, sustained by jasmine, heliotrope and woody notes that make it an elegant and delicate symphony.
Stunning, to always wear, it never gets boring, just like the aroma of the lime tree flowers.
Exceptional performances.
It makes me go into ecstasy and causes a feeling of extreme well-being in me, just like Monet's “The Water Lilies”.

Helpful Review 3
Smiles on a calm summer afternoon
A new release from this creative duo is always an event that generates high expectations.
I confess that I had some doubts because:
1 - In general, I don't like florals (especially rose and/or tuberose) with the exception of aromas with yellow wild flowers (immortelles, chamomile, gorse, broom).
2 – I'm always afraid of the aroma of excessive synthetic bombs dominating the fragrance.
Well, here was the exception that breaks the rule. It is IMHO a floral for both sexes and not a perfume dedicated to the female sex.
The flowers here are country, soft and fleeting.
Heliotrope (a powdery “vibe” reminiscent of almonds) dominates a little in the opening, but soon the broom takes over the olfactory landscape with the linden flower less prominent and in the background.
On the other hand, this fragrance also shows how Ambroxan can be well incorporated and with the appropriate percentage. An example that others should follow.
The perfume has 2 phases. The initial one is floral and lasts 1 to 2 hours. I confess that I didn't feel the lime mentioned on the MAB website.
Then in the 2nd phase Vetiver and wood dominate. The Vetiver is fabulous and reminds me of Encelade's Vetiver, which in turn reminded me of the great Vetiver from the middle of the last century and which I had never encountered again until this reunion in Encelade and Tilia.
It has similar behavior to Ganymede. Enormous tenacity and sillage, but it is not intrusive to the point of bothering those nearby.
Like a super elegant and mysterious person with a special aura that appears and all eyes turn to her as if by magic as she walks in silence. The perfume provides an exceptional quality and “magnetic” grandeur. However, the gaze goes into the distance and therefore the person does not notice the murmurs of admiration around them. You don't need to try to get noticed because you are naturally admired. In other words, it is a fragrance that is discreet because none of the notes are excessive.
Quentin Bisch unexpectedly manages to create an aroma to rival Ganymede at the top of the brand's perfume rankings.
A solar, optimistic creation that provokes a feeling of happiness. Like smiles on a calm summer afternoon or like the golden light of kisses emerging from the dark on a warm night.