Search Forum

Recommendations for fragrances in Spring/Summer

Recommendations for fragrances in Spring/Summer 2 months ago

Hi guys! I would love to hear your opinion on some of your favourite fresh fragrances! I honestly don’t have much experience in the fresh realm (i tend to liken woody vanillas) but i would love to explore that side more. If I am honest, I am quite unsure of what notes I really enjoy, but hopefully you guys can get a gist: 

1. Not too big of a fan of aquatic scents. They smell good and pleasant, but not for me. 

2. I tend to lean towards sour citrus notes, more than sweet ones. Hugely prefer bergamot and lemon as opposed to apple. 

3. I do like fruity scents, but not scents that mimic "fruit baskets" (erba pura)

Having said that, I am still open to suggestions for anything! 

List of fresh fragrances I own: Bleu De Chanel EDP, G&B Ingenious Ginger, Wulong Cha X

List of fresh fragrances that I do enjoy quite a bit, but tragically do not last on my skin: Xerjoff Mefisto Gentiluomo (LOVE that top note), Terre d'Hermes Eau Givree, PDM Sedley

2 months ago 1

My favourite freshie by far is ImaginationImagination. It's pricey but performs better than any other fresh scent I've ever tried and it's not even close. It also develops a lot over the course of the day, starting as a blast of clean citrus and ginger and ending with cinnamon and black tea.

Another recent fresh pickup of mine was "Gentle fluidity (Silver) | Maison Francis Kurkdjian", this may not be the best for the super high heat but it feels so clean and unique and strikes a great balance of clean metallic freshness, sharp fruity notes and a soft vanillic base.

I also hear great things about "Join The Club - Torino21 | XerJoff" but I have not tried this so YMMV.

2 months ago
ScentToolbox

My favourite freshie by far is ImaginationImagination. It's pricey but performs better than any other fresh scent I've ever tried and it's not even close. It also develops a lot over the course of the day, starting as a blast of clean citrus and ginger and ending with cinnamon and black tea.

Another recent fresh pickup of mine was "Gentle fluidity (Silver) | Maison Francis Kurkdjian", this may not be the best for the super high heat but it feels so clean and unique and strikes a great balance of clean metallic freshness, sharp fruity notes and a soft vanillic base.

I also hear great things about "Join The Club - Torino21 | XerJoff" but I have not tried this so YMMV.

Ah yes, Imagination is amazing. Haven't had the chance to get a decant of it but smelt it in store and it left a huge impression. It is a bit out of the price bracket for me (impossible to find it for much cheaper here in my country) but perhaps I may save up to get it!

GFS is really interesting and unique - it reminds me of gin, but I'm not sure if I would want to smell like that haha.

Weirdly enough I wasn't that impressed with Torino21. Fresh, lively, and zesty, but the price for a 50ml doesn't justify the smell for me.

Thank you for the suggestions!

2 months ago

Another one worth looking into is Azure LimeAzure Lime. It's definitely not cheap and it has performance issues, but it's such a bright and addictive summer scent. It's worth sampling at least!

2 months ago 1

Have you tried "XJ 1861 Renaissance | XerJoff" ?

It could be what are you searching for.
Casamorati - MefistoCasamorati - Mefisto it lasts many hours on my skin, but don’t remember the gentiluomo version.

"Fleurs Bohèmes - Madurai | Memo Paris" could be something different if you like peach and jasmine, personally i like it.

Le Gemme - TygarLe Gemme - Tygar or Rosso PompeiRosso Pompei if you like grapefruit, tygar it’s quite expensive for what it offers, but i’ve seen many rosso pompei for 180€ 100ml. Many people say that they are so similar, maybe worth a try

2 months ago
Silverrr

Have you tried "XJ 1861 Renaissance | XerJoff" ?

It could be what are you searching for.
Casamorati - MefistoCasamorati - Mefisto it lasts many hours on my skin, but don’t remember the gentiluomo version.

"Fleurs Bohèmes - Madurai | Memo Paris" could be something different if you like peach and jasmine, personally i like it.

Le Gemme - TygarLe Gemme - Tygar or Rosso PompeiRosso Pompei if you like grapefruit, tygar it’s quite expensive for what it offers, but i’ve seen many rosso pompei for 180€ 100ml. Many people say that they are so similar, maybe worth a try

Thank you for the suggestions! Renaissance is great, comes across like a photorealistic lemon with a green background. My brother has that so I steal it from him occasionally.

Haven't tried the OG Mefisto, will try to get a sample.

Rosso Pompei is an interesting take on the Tygar DNA. Literally a grape soda when i tried it in store, will have to revisit it to try the dry down.

2 months ago

I recently had the chance to try Sacred Bond by reinvented. It is one of the best fruit basket scents i have ever smelled.

Another option is kirke and you can get that for around 100€

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Recommendations for fragrances in Spring/Summer
Jump to