Search Forum

Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)

201 - 225 by 267
11 months ago 1

Hi everyone/Bonjour tout le monde!

I’m Yvonne, another defector from Fragrantica. I’m from the great state of California where I was born and raised and have lived 57 out of my 61 years. I’m a third year PhD student and graduate teaching assistant at the University of California Davis in the French department where I’m about to embark on my dissertation. I’m working with a corpus of fin-de-siècle French advice/etiquette manuals, gastronomy magazines and cooking magazines published for women.

I started wearing perfume in high school, but spent 20+ years as a cheese monger (Whole Foods Market), so stopped wearing fragrance. I got back into perfume about two years ago and went a little crazy with collecting. But I love fragrance (especially vintage!!!) and I’m very glad to be here. I look forward to interacting with the Parfumo community! 🥰

11 months ago

Spoke you on another forum recently, but welcome.  🙂

11 months ago

Spoke to you on another forum recently, but welcome.  🙂

Last edited by Oriane on 17.06.2023, 10:35; edited 1 time in total
11 months ago 1
Hello, and greetings from Spain. I look forward to meeting new

friends, and scents here. See you soon!

11 months ago

Welcome, Panavia1. 🙂

10 months ago 2

Hi everyone! My account is over a year old, but I haven't said hi on this forum before. So: hi! My username translates to "Tommie Little Boat" in my native language, but to be fair my name isn't Tommie, nor am I a boat. I might need a boat one day though, since I live just slightly above sea level (for now) in the Netherlands. I'm in my thirties, I used to be active on Fragrantica but I don't like their red-pilled politics and sketchy database and I like smelling good. I'm also terrible at introducing myself, so I guess this will have to do for now.

10 months ago 1
TommieBootje

Hi everyone! My account is over a year old, but I haven't said hi on this forum before. So: hi! My username translates to "Tommie Little Boat" in my native language, but to be fair my name isn't Tommie, nor am I a boat. I might need a boat one day though, since I live just slightly above sea level (for now) in the Netherlands. I'm in my thirties, I used to be active on Fragrantica but I don't like their red-pilled politics and sketchy database and I like smelling good. I'm also terrible at introducing myself, so I guess this will have to do for now.

Welcome!!  

10 months ago 1

Welcome on board 🚢

10 months ago 2

Hello! I'm yet another defector from "the other site" and I'm sad to lose my dozens of reviews and comments, but happy to start fresh here. I'm a creative director from a fine art company in Oakland CA and I love scents with a sense of "roundness". 

10 months ago

Hello, Rachelg.  I hope you enjoy Parfumo!  🙂

9 months ago 2

Hello everyone! Im a 27 year old fragrance collector from Norway. I sometimes host perfume parties for my friends, which give me an excuse to obsessedly talk about fragrances. My goal with my collection is to have a fragrance for every occasion and every emotion, I like a bit of everything Smile 

9 months ago 1
Diffusekris

Hello everyone! Im a 27 year old fragrance collector from Norway. I sometimes host perfume parties for my friends, which give me an excuse to obsessedly talk about fragrances. My goal with my collection is to have a fragrance for every occasion and every emotion, I like a bit of everything Smile 

Welcome Diffusekris! Perfume parties sound so much fun, sadly my closest friends aren't into perfumes, so I'd have to look for new ones to hold these sorts of parties with. I built my collection the same way, making sure I have something for every occasion and every emotion. Your collection is very nice by the way, there are some perfumes in there that I haven't gotten my nose on yet.

9 months ago 1

Welcome, Diffusekris.   🙂

9 months ago
TommieBootje
Diffusekris

Welcome Diffusekris! Perfume parties sound so much fun, sadly my closest friends aren't into perfumes, so I'd have to look for new ones to hold these sorts of parties with. I built my collection the same way, making sure I have something for every occasion and every emotion. Your collection is very nice by the way, there are some perfumes in there that I haven't gotten my nose on yet.

To be fair I think mine are getting tired of me mentioning perfumes at any opportunity😂

9 months ago 3

Hello everyone! I’m a Swedish gal who has become crazy about fragrances. The only thing is that I am apparently hypersensitive to perfumes, so I can only stomach about 10% of the perfumes I try out before I get nauseous and my head hurts.😅 But that won’t kill my vibe, as I’m on the hunt of the One unique perfume that will become my scent. Being born in the 80’s, I have a thing for the spicy-orientals that were popular in between the 80s and the 00s. However, my Tom Ford Black Orchid is my favourite right now. So here I am, on the hunt trying to find one or two niche perfumes that I will be the only one wearing in my hometown, hopefully!😄 

9 months ago

Welcome, Rojaibird.  🙂

9 months ago 4

Hi, I'm Jo and joined a few months ago, so have been a bit of a lurker. 😄

Despite being in my mid-fifties (time really does fly) I didn't get into perfume until just over a year ago, basically because me and perfume never seemed to get on. Oh how many classics I missed out on! But I've been slowly catching up and have gone down the vintage rabbit hole, as well as niche and I love it.

Truly, it's never too late.

9 months ago 1

JoM68, welcome.  It is never too late to fall in love with perfume.  😊

9 months ago
Oriane

Welcome, Rojaibird.  🙂

Thank you, @Oriane ! Smile

8 months ago 3

hey everyone! been looking to join this community for awhile, and i'm so happy i did! 

i'm from the west coast, USA and i've been into fragrances since i was a little kid. i used to sneak into my mom's and older sister's vanity, and steal sprays and sniffs of their perfumes (please don't tell my mom i used to spray her chanel no.5 on my teddy bear 😂). i also loved going to the mall and sniff fragrances at the beauty counters, where once a lovely sales associate told me i had very chic and modern taste for an 8 year old kid!  while i do love the sensory experience of fragrances, i have to be careful with what i choose to add to wardrobe and how i apply because i'm very sensitive and can get headaches easily 😅 if i had to describe my scent profile tastes, i'm a gourmand lover at my core, but also very much enjoy creamy & powdery musks, soft spicy & warm florals, and comforting aromatics.  

thanks & looking forward to getting to know all of you 🌻

8 months ago 2

Welcome, Diddilybop!  We are glad to have you!  🙂

8 months ago 2

Hello all! Greetings from Atlantic Canada. This is my third or fourth go round as a perfume collector, and since I am starting over I thought I would join a new community. I hope to be quite involved.

8 months ago

Welcome, DanaM.  Nice to have you here.  🙂

8 months ago

hi everyone, my name is Alessio and I come from Italy, I have been in the world of perfumery for a few years and I am mainly interested in the niche, it is a pleasure to be among you😄👋🏻

8 months ago 1

Greetings, Alessio!  We are glad to have you here with us.  🙂

201 - 225 by 267
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Say hello and/or introduce yourself (if you like)
Jump to