Tuscan Leather 2007 Eau de Parfum

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Ranked 28 in Unisex Perfume
8.3 / 10 1956 Ratings
Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Leathery

LeatherLeather Black suedeBlack suede AmberAmber WoodsWoods

Perfumers

Videos
8.31956 Ratings
Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.02.2024.
Interesting Facts
The images of the advertisement campaign were taken by photograph Guido Mocafico.

1 in-depth fragrance description
9.5

1 Review
Svenfrags1
Raspberry meets leather or rather dream meets reality
Wake up!

Out of bed and into the shower.

4 sprays of Tuscan Leather on.

The hairstyle is in place, the clothes flatter the well-toned body.

No spam on the cell phone 31 e-mails.

The car freshly polished, gleaming in all its glory.
The car door opens and the smell of leather wafts in...

Oh no! Woke up again.

Oh well, still a great fragrance. 9.5/10.
8.5

Bad Boy Fragrance
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is a very animalistic leather fragrance that should ideally be worn with a cool leather jacket. Here, the smoky, leathery notes come through very strongly and make the wearer of the fragrance appear in a "bad boy" light. An absolute monster when it comes to longevity and sillage. To be honest, I can hardly perceive the raspberry, but the spicy saffron and above all the woody notes are noticeable.

The nice thing about this fragrance is that the strength of the scent hardly diminishes and is always present, no matter how many sprays you have on you. I find this fragrance by Tom Ford better than the Ombre Leather, it has much more depth and gives the wearer a certain self-confidence, which you can also count on the compliments. A must have for leather jacket wearers!

Italians in New York
"Oh, you bought the Tuscan Leather? But who wants to smell like an ashtray?" Well hell. This statement was reason enough for me to add my mustard (or my raspberry) to this already much commented fragrance.

Just write down what comes to mind. Impulsive and polarizing, yet with a certain, considered depth, just like Tuscan Leather.

Singing voice Udo Jürgens:
"I've never been to New York"

Actually not yet. But I'm not Italian, not like the ones in the vintage movies. In my opinion, that's how you can imagine the Tuscan Leather wearer. A Don Corleone in a gray pinstripe suit, camel hair coat, black leather gloves and hat. 1930s - Italians in New York. Or the "I'd like to do that" counterpart (me?).

What many people see here (scuffed leather jacket, cigarette smoker and the smell of stale ashtrays), I don't see. And not at all. As soon as you spray the fragrance on, a wonderful, authentic leather note is omnipresent. The pyramid lists both leather and black suede. Perhaps this explains the realness of the fragrance experience. For me, however, it doesn't smell like the new black leather interior of a car, but rather like high-quality, handmade leather goods. Classic, fine craftsmanship. Perfect because it is imperfect. Flawless because of small flaws.

Imagine said leather goods in Italy, lovingly crafted by an elderly saddler in the Sicilian sun, enveloped in the scents of the island. Loving authenticity. There is something slightly spicy and refined about this leather: Rosemary.

In fact, for me, the drummer of the top note, not as prominent as the guitarist (the highly praised raspberry), but just as important.

It is the subsequent transition to the heart note that makes the fragrance so incredibly beautiful. The interplay of fruity sweetness (raspberry + saffron) with dark leather and profound incense. This is how contrasts and class are united. Just like the Italian mafiosi in 1930s New York. Seduced by the sweet American Dream, admiring the Chrysler Building in the afternoon sun, past American individualism, into dark, wood-panelled bars in the evening, characterized by the blue, thick smoke of cigars and the scent of Manhattan cocktails.

The TL makes you feel the same way: striking, but not unnecessarily conspicuous. More like quiet luxury. At first glance expensive, at second glance very much so. Many people only smell leather the first time, but for me it's so much more. A piece of history? A key to the past? No, rather something beautifully contemporary in the style of the golden years of opulence.

I don't notice a monster H/S in my current version (2023 badge). Everything is very solid, but not above average. Perhaps a little steep for the price, but it fits in with the decadence associated with the name. For many, the TL is actually something for special moments and is therefore worn in the evening. It is also "The Godfather", the original when it comes to fruity leather. That's why it's my first choice in view of the countless stragglers. Since the TF hype has died down, it has become even more attractive to me again. It almost exudes a "vintage vibe", or fits into the aforementioned "old-money aesthetic" due to its elegance.

But let's be honest. I wear it because I like it. I always have. The TL replaced the Dior Homme Intense as my winter signature back in my graduation years. Simply because I wanted to. Because I wanted to make moments special for myself. Alá Italian lifestyle, the relaxed, elegant kind. And that's still the case - even though I now tend to wear it for special occasions ;)

Thanks for reading! Goodbye - Arrivederci!

1 Review
MiFan
A leather fragrance that (never) fades
Leather, smoky wood and a certain sweet-fruity note. This is what makes Tom Ford Tuscan Leather so special. The sweetness that shines through from time to time and the amber make it stand out very well from the other leather/wood fragrances.

The first cloud can be very captivating. Especially in confined spaces, it often feels (to me) as if I have once again misjudged the quantity. This disappears after a short time and a pleasant smelling masculine woody leathery fragrance remains. Therefore, with the best will in the world, I cannot imagine this fragrance on a woman.

Longevity. I usually spray the fragrance on just before I leave the apartment, or in any case when I'm all dressed up. I mention this because I can still smell the Tuscan wonderfully warm on my clothes days after applying it.
Add a touch of Tom Ford Oud Wood and the composition is perfect. On the skin, on the other hand, it fades a little too quickly for me. However, I have experienced this annoying behavior with all the Tom Fords I have tested and therefore no big surprise.

It is definitely a winter fragrance and is not recommended in summer due to its heavy, engaging scent.

Authentically strong leather fragrance
Of course, there are already all kinds of reviews about this well-known perfume, but that doesn't stop me from dedicating my first review on Parfumo to this wonderful fragrance, as it is now one of my absolute favorites.

First of all: The following review is only my personal opinion of this perfume. Each person can of course wear the fragrances they like or feel comfortable with :).

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. The name definitely says it all. You get a high-quality leather fragrance here, but it can be too much for some noses and should therefore only be worn on certain occasions. As an office fragrance, for example, it is absolutely inappropriate.

At the beginning, you can still perceive a light, gourmand raspberry in the top note, but this disappears completely after a few minutes.
I don't notice many fragrance components here. It is a heavy fragrance with a high-quality leather in the "main base note". This is particularly reminiscent of the freshly saddled leather seats of a high-priced new car. There are also hints of amber and warming woody notes, which makes the fragrance a suitable companion for evening activities in the cold season.
Please don't wear it in summer, you won't be doing most people any favors.

Tom Ford markets this perfume as unisex; as I know all other fragrances of this house.
For me, the perfume is still clearly a men's fragrance. I can hardly imagine the perfume on women, but I have actually noticed it on a woman, which I found quite courageous.

Performance is okay for the price, I can't confirm a beastmode performance after extensive use. The fragrance lasts a solid 7-8 hours with 2 sprays. Sillage is also acceptable, but not top notch.

All in all, a super nice leather fragrance, which you don't smell on every corner and definitely a must-have for leather fanatics.

I hope the review could help a little further here :)

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 years ago
8.5
Tuscan Leather opens with a nice leathery scent. Then it becomes more like suede with raspberry and smoke. Good performance.
SweetgrassSweetgrass 4 years ago
Sex in a bottle. Softer than you’d think, but with serious backbone.
Mike1337Mike1337 5 years ago
Very strong leather, difficult to smell anything more. Not my kind of thing.
1 Comment
JMWeedJMWeed 2 years ago
3.5
Not for me, reminded me of a bad cigarette smell.
IrfanIrfan 3 years ago
Amazing Smoky Leathery fragrance. Perfect for winter for keeping warm and cozy.
More statements

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather Parfum by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Noir Extreme Parfum by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford