Search Forum

How did you hear about Parfumo?

76 - 100 by 103
11 months ago 1

I found it while looking for an alternative to Fragrantica.

11 months ago
KathrynA66

Welcome to Parfumo Smile 

11 months ago
DonVanVliet
KathrynA66

Welcome to Parfumo Smile 

Thank you!

11 months ago 7
KathrynA66

Same. Fragrantica is good for note break down but the reviews are terrible. You can’t be honest there because if you don’t give everything that is socially accepted praise you’re downvoted to oblivion and same goes for fragrances that are looked down upon. If you don’t trash them along with the rest you get downvoted again. Some of the reviews are just statements that say something like “it’s horrible” and has all the upvotes in the world. Give a good detailed review and you are wasting your time. I feel Parfumo is better with the statement and review section. 

11 months ago 1

Someone talked about on Reddit

11 months ago 2
Cathped

Same, it was from a post about the F-site's homophobia problem on r/fragrance for me, I think.

9 months ago 4

Another user from the infamous F-site slowly migrating here! 👋😂 I was discussing with my Fragrantica friend about the issues that burden and concern me a lot about Fragrantica and how much I would like to transfer all my art and activity elsewhere because many things at Fragrantica are against my values. My friend recommended Parfumo and I'm so thankful for her for that! I have been here less than a month now and I have absolutely loved it here!

9 months ago
Proudwing
Cathped

Same, it was from a post about the F-site's homophobia problem on r/fragrance for me, I think.

same here! i just wish i had seen that post before i had registered on fragrantica

8 months ago 1

I spent a little time on another well known site, but for some reason it never really clicked for me? I was looking to download an app strictly for organizational purposes, since I am a weirdo like that, and stumbled across the Parfumo app. Meant to be.

8 months ago 2
DanaM

I spent a little time on another well known site, but for some reason it never really clicked for me? I was looking to download an app strictly for organizational purposes, since I am a weirdo like that, and stumbled across the Parfumo app. Meant to be.

Hi @DanaM and welcome to the community!

Yeah the app is quite handy as an assistant on-the-go. If organizational is your thing you have come to the right place! There are some great features here for a well organized perfume wardrobe with options like custom shelves and different ways of ranking/sorting. If you enter your scent of the day regularly, the tracker will give lots of useful insights into your wearing habits. Not all features are in the app yet, so give the website a try as well. 

Enjoy ✌

8 months ago 5

I also left Fragantica because of their political views and obvious conspiracy theories. A bit scary actually. I asked them to remove my account....

I like Parfumo as a more quiet and friendly space to read and talk about perfumes.

8 months ago 5

It was back when I was still active on the perfume site that must not be named and I was looking for the notes of a certain perfume that wasn't in their database. So I went searching on the internet and I found Parfumo. I was planning a city trip to Brussels at the time and I was looking up the perfumes that were sold at a very niche perfumery that I wanted to visit. Then I found another perfume that I wanted to know more about. Didn't find anything on Fragrantica, but I did find it here. And then it happened again, and again, and again. I quickly figured out that Parfumo has a better database, so I joined and I became increasingly more active, until I left the other perfume site altogether and now I'm exclusively here. I also love how easy it is to have perfumes added to the database here. On Fragrantica I had to beg and beg and just hope that one day the mods felt like adding one of the perfumes on my list. I love that I can add them here myself. Special shout out to the lovely members who helped me correct my mistakes when I proposed a perfume earlier today, you're the best! ❤️

8 months ago 1

I completely agree with both of you @Ringtale and @TommieBootje! And welcome! 🤗🥰

8 months ago 1
Lempi

I completely agree with both of you @Ringtale and @TommieBootje! And welcome! 🤗🥰

Thank you Lempi 🥰!!

8 months ago

Welcome everyone, great to have you here!

7 months ago

Yo encontré la pagina buscando en los foros de otra pagina sobre perfumes una alternativa a vinted donde comprar/vender decants y recomendaron esta pagina 

6 months ago 3

I was searching for the notes of a perfume not listed in Fragrantica and found Parfumo. Recently I thought to create a profile here since I am not active in Fragrantica anymore. I like the organization and customization Parfumo provided me so I thought to write a review. I managed to express myself the way I wanted (haven't written anything in English lately and I am still kinda rusty) so I came to stay I guess 🙂

6 months ago 1

A perfume pal on Facebook mentioned that she was not on Fragr***a but on this site. I decided to check it out after I’d had enough of their crappy political agendas and shoddy upkeep over there. This database is better here and the functionality is better, and it seems friendlier to me. Glad to have found this website!

Last edited by Obliterkate on 08.11.2023, 13:34; edited 1 time in total
6 months ago 1

Welcome to all newcomers, it's great to have you on board! Take a moment to explore the platform's features like the advanced search options and the advisor function. Feel free to ask questions in the forum. Cheers ✌

2 months ago 2

I think the first time from a youtuber, who is an immigrant living in Germany. I noticed she used it more than Fragrantica, so I checked it out - the international part seemed rather quiet. However, I started using it more only recently, switching over from Fragrantica. I find the listed notes and accords (especially accords) and all other information about a perfume to be more accurate here. With Fragrantica, it reached a point where I would double-check the notes on the manufacturer's website almost all the time. Also, in recent few years Fragrantica has become something of a political shit-stirring pot, so I moved here. The functionality of this website is also better. Have been really enjoying using it so far.

2 months ago

"Fragrantica has become something of a political shit-stirring pot" - care to elaborate?

Someone in a FB group mentioned this website. I've always used fragrantica since it has a local version and it's visually much more appealing. But the mods started to suck, and there is more activity in FB groups nowadays.

2 months ago
Mixal

"Fragrantica has become something of a political shit-stirring pot" - care to elaborate?

There has been quite a lot of controversy and drama in the comments for perfumes and articles, and the administrators allowed that to happen and fester, and often even contributed to both the pot-stirring articles and the arguments in the comments. If you want specific examples - google around, you'll find plenty. For me personally, the final straw was the pro-Putinist stuff. (Or even just quite recently, they replaced their "Free to choose" motto with something about Assange - why is that necessary or appropriate on a perfumery website?)

I mean, people are free to believe whatever, but the Fragrantica owners are very forceful and aggressive in trying to convert people to their views and sticking said views into every hole of that poor perfume website. I'm not sure it even borders on trolling - it is just pure unrefined trolling as it is. I don’t like that, and I don’t like a community like that. I come to perfumery websites for information on perfumes, not for somebody's political agendas (especially agendas that support the war in Ukraine) or to watch shit hitting the fan, thank you very much.

To sum up, I'm not sure if the owners need to get a therapist or are on a payroll or both, and I don't even care - I just don't use their resource anymore because it lacks moderation (in every sense of this word).

2 months ago 6

At Parfumo, we're all about keeping our focus on fragrances, aiming to maintain a "politics-free oasis."Some might see this approach as censorship, but I'd rather call it moderation. Political topics are everywhere online... Parfumo aims to be a place where discussions are all about our shared love for perfumes, steering clear of divisive political debates.

2 months ago 1

Ok, I am using the local version, not an English one, there is no politics there. Yes, I agree that it would be best to avoid politics on such sites as much as possible.

Edit: I just found some discussions on reddit. It was actually a collective leftist meltdown because of the banners posted there*, which can be found on the majority of other websites of any kind I am sure they have no issue with (guess why). Anyway, I will refrain from discussing politics from now on here because I will become a part of the problem.

*I noticed a Julian Assange one recently, it was the only one that I've come across. I thought it was so weird and out of place.

2 months ago
DonVanVliet

At Parfumo, we're all about keeping our focus on fragrances, aiming to maintain a "politics-free oasis."Some might see this approach as censorship, but I'd rather call it moderation. Political topics are everywhere online... Parfumo aims to be a place where discussions are all about our shared love for perfumes, steering clear of divisive political debates.

Yes, I have been enjoying Parfumo a lot so far!

76 - 100 by 103
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community How did you hear about Parfumo?
Jump to