Search Forum

What Notes Are You Tired of Seeing in Perfumes?

1 - 25 by 49
What Notes Are You Tired of Seeing in Perfumes? 11 months ago 4

I am tired of the Patchouli Rose combinations, heavy sweet vanillas, and Calone, (that phony melon note). What notes are you tired of seeing in perfumes? 

11 months ago 4

I agree with you about calone.  I'm tired of heavy tuberose and synthetic, jammy berries.

11 months ago 3

The generic shower gel notes can't put my finger on them. But I'm sick of a majority of masculine scents having that smell.

11 months ago 1

Akigalawood

11 months ago 1

Raspy and jarring synthetic oud 😵 (gimme the good stuff any day though)

11 months ago 1

Cardamom usually ruins a fragrance for me, with few exceptions like Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum)Ombré Leather (2018) Eau de Parfum , Sauvage ElixirSauvage Elixir or La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique

11 months ago 1
RichardE

Cardamom usually ruins a fragrance for me, with few exceptions like Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum)Ombré Leather (2018) Eau de Parfum , Sauvage ElixirSauvage Elixir or La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique

Yup have to agree I am not a big fan of that or Violet leaves.

11 months ago
Mitchcraft
RichardE

Yup have to agree I am not a big fan of that or Violet leaves.

And I love both.

11 months ago 1
EmberRose

The generic shower gel notes can't put my finger on them. But I'm sick of a majority of masculine scents having that smell.

Don't like them very much either.

(As for cardamom, I like it! Violet is more of a 50-50. But I don't have the feeling you smell them everywhere ?)

Have a good day

11 months ago 1
LouBe
EmberRose

Don't like them very much either.

(As for cardamom, I like it! Violet is more of a 50-50. But I don't have the feeling you smell them everywhere ?)

Have a good day

I think it depends on just how much it’s used and in which way. For example if it’s the spicy kind like in 1Million Royal I am not so in to it. However there are fragrances like Dylan Blue that has cardamom that I don’t mind.

Then the violet leaves in something like Hugo Boss Bottled Unlimited I find there is too much of it for my liking but it is also in Dylan blue which I like. So yeah it really just comes down to how much. Since Boss Bottled UnlimitedBoss Bottled Unlimited is about 3 notes only the Violet is very prominent in the opening. I have Violet leaves in 9 of my frags

I think the thing about cardamom is I can taste it in fragrances and in 1 Million Royal1 Million Royal it comes across spicy to me.

11 months ago 4

And another one I forgot to mention, you know that pineapple combo in Aventus which has been cloned to death. Yeah...can we stop that too. 

Last edited by ExUser on 26.05.2023, 05:03; edited 1 time in total
11 months ago 2

Without a doubt Ambroxan.  Gives me raging headaches like nothing else. Smells like nothing but also hell at the same time.  Use some real Irish black ambergris, that shit actually smells like sea 

11 months ago
Coasterdude

Without a doubt Ambroxan.  Gives me raging headaches like nothing else. Smells like nothing but also hell at the same time.  Use some real Irish black ambergris, that shit actually smells like sea 

Oh My, I forgot to add that I hate these newfangled molecules too. They smell just like rubbing alcohol to me and nothing else. How do niche fragrances get away with adding this garbage to their perfumes - especially at the prices being asked?

11 months ago 1

No idea either.  I think someone (more like millions)  must have a ”setting  the chemistry lab on fire” fetish.  There’s no other explanation 

11 months ago 1

Sadly not even newfangled either.  Synthetic Ambroxan was invented like 1998-2005 I wanna say and it’s lastest long enough that like the most expensive designer brands in the work like Givenchy, Armani Privé, Botteha Tom ford, and especially Louis Vuitton use it.  Same thing that’s happened with Oud and to a more acceptable extent musk.  Death to synthetics, long live natural, idc how many animals you need to use. 

11 months ago 3

Almond notes in every shape and form: powdery almond, caramelised almond, green almond, bitter almond, marzipan almond. 

Pink/black pepper notes in fresh, watery rose fragrances. 

11 months ago 1

Oud et rose 

11 months ago 6

Vanilla, which is in like, everything.

11 months ago 1

vanilla, and also coconut. I wouldn't mind coconut if it didn't make me nauseous but it does 😔

11 months ago 4

One note that I am really getting tired of is Saffron. Even since the BR540 hype it is being used in monstrous amounts and with materials of poor quality. 

11 months ago 1

I’m over the powdery patchouli floral combo. The 1950s called and Mom wants her handkerchief back.

11 months ago 1
Windswept

I’m over the powdery patchouli floral combo. The 1950s called and Mom wants her handkerchief back.

Ah this reminds me. Thick heavy fragrances like Le Male and Joop home. Any combination that creates that kind of fragrance. As much as i like the smell of Le Male still when I wear it I feel dated and I get the thick fog around my head that feels like my hay fever has been pushed to the max.

Another member and myself tried to figure the combination out for this and gathered it was due to the thick powdery kind of vanilla but I actually love vanilla. You can make a nice clean vanilla though in fragrances such as The Most Wanted ParfumThe Most Wanted Parfum with it’s bourbon vanilla where it feels nice and fresh rather than what we get in Joop Homme. Don’t think me a snob, I still like to smell them, including Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette)Joop! Homme Eau de Toilette now and again but that style feels past its time.

10 months ago 3

Pink pepper or just pepper in general. I seem to be really sensitive to it. There are always exceptions but savory notes don’t work for me. 

10 months ago 2

Not really a note, but the Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)Baccarat Rouge 540 Eau de Parfum accord 🥱 and the Erba PuraErba Pura accord 😖

10 months ago 2

I feel there are already so, so many fragrances with prominent Iris and imo you don't really need more than one of those in your collection 

1 - 25 by 49
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What Notes Are You Tired of Seeing in Perfumes?
Jump to