Sauvage Elixir 2021

Sauvage Elixir by Dior
Ranked 25 in Men's Perfume
A popular perfume by Dior for men, released in 2021. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Pronunciation

Fresh
Synthetic

NutmegNutmeg CardamomCardamom CinnamonCinnamon GrapefruitGrapefruit
Provençal lavenderProvençal lavender CoumarinCoumarin
LiquoriceLiquorice AmbroxanAmbroxan PatchouliPatchouli WoodsWoods Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Perfumer

Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 29.05.2024.
Interesting Facts
The face of the advertising campaign is actor Johnny Depp.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
Asad by Lattafa / لطافة
Orbiter

1 in-depth fragrance description
8.5

The only Sauvage I like
The composition is fascinating to me... Interesting things are happening here. My sympathy for Elixir is great when I feel its initial stages.
The opening is great, so dark, tarry, thick, full of strong spices. Lavender appears very quickly and it is a truly beautiful lavender. I'm not a fan of it, but when it appears here after this burst of spices, it smells great, is intense and natural. At this stage, however, I received an interesting "compliment", namely that I smell a bit like a mothball bag. This lavender soon becomes more and more burnt and this is the moment when licorice joins the composition, an ingredient that finally convinced me to buy an expensive bottle. It adds even more density, viscosity and a bit of sweetness.
If Elixir smelled as it does during the first 1.5 hours, I would be screaming with delight. It's not that it has changed radically after this time, but it is gradually losing its clarity. After 2 hours I start to feel the DNA of the Sauvage line in the background, the feisty character of the opening slowly disappears and the scent flattens out. I can feel the ambroxan, it is not dominant, it is added here within reason, without being flashy, but there is an ambroxan cloud over the composition. It makes Elixir, in my opinion, fall into some irritating mediocrity, it is not bad, but it has lost what it had at the beginning and in this form it lasts for many more hours, from time to time flashing a glimpse of what it delighted me with in the initial chord.
Despite my ambivalent impressions, I don't regret the purchase, maybe a little, mainly when I think that at this price I could have had Beau de Jour from Ford, which is much better with its lavender color. I will stubbornly claim that Elixir is not worth the price that Dior wants, because you can have a great niche at this price, but I had a whim to have it for this opening, I knew how much and what I was paying for. If I were to buy it as a fragrance that I would like to use often, I certainly wouldn't have it. I bought it as a collector's item, to use from time to time, to enjoy this temporarily intoxicating, spicy lavender with licorice on a gloomy winter day. This one bottle will stay with me for many years and in this case I do not think that the price of Elixir is excessive.
A few words about parameters. I don't completely understand those who say that one spray is completely enough. Elixir is not a killer when it comes to projection, at least on my skin it never exceeded average. Used in the amount of 3-4 sprays, it did not fill the room, it does not suffocate anyone nearby (tested among people), it does not have an atomic projection. However, it is very noticeable, it leaves a delicate but short tail, it surrounds you with a bubble that glides nicely across your nose... after two hours, the projection goes from quite clear to moderate, even very moderate, but it's ok, it stays like that for many hours. Only after about 6 hours does it become very close to the skin. I tested fresh releases after the premiere, several from 2022 and my current bottle from January 2023, there are no differences. Apparently I'm not one of the lucky people on whom this is a designing beast. Durability is always great, it is still on the skin a day after application. It survived scrubbing in the shower, and that's something to brag about.
To sum up, it's a pity that Sauvage Elixir does not fully use its potential, but it must be admitted that it is solid and overall I do not regret the purchase.
9.5

An enchanting beast
I tested the Sauvage Elixir for the first time at Montreal airport, where I had a 2-hour stopover to Frankfurt. i took 2 sprays ("I'm sure it won't smell so strong on the plane"). I was immediately taken with the mix of licorice and lavender. Sweet, but still masculine. Strong but still elegant. I spent some time smelling my shirt and already knew that the fragrance had to go into my collection. When I got home (more than 10 hours later), I was asked about the fragrance. Another test with a souk sample confirmed my impression.

Top fragrance, top durability and silage. Not cheap, but since you can, no should, use the fragrance very sparingly, this puts the price into perspective.

Masculine heavy spicy monster
Since its release in 2021, I have owned Sauvage elixir. The bottle I possess belongs to the first batches and is exceptionally potent. Its longevity is remarkable, and it projects strongly for the first 3-4 hours before gradually decreasing. It lasts on the skin for approximately 10 hours. This fragrance can be described as a spicy, woody, and fresh scent with a masculine touch. The creators of this fragrance may have focused on catering to customers from the Middle East. People have varying opinions regarding this scent, either loving it or hating it. Personally, I am quite fond of it, although it is too strong for my preference, so I only wear it occasionally, particularly during colder days.

Something very special
Elixir was a blind buy / gift. As I really like smelling the normal Sauvage range, I thought to myself: come on, this is what you want.

Richly gifted, I tested the elixir. Wow. Sauvage but much spicier with a certain sweet note. Very very heavy but not annoying. Perfect fragrance for a very special evening.

You get endless compliments and you fill the room. Yes, everyone notices this fragrance.
The H/S is extremely good. The durability in particular is simply amazing. Even after showering and rubbing it with a washcloth, the fragrance doesn't really go away.

Anyone looking for that special Sauvage should treat themselves to this elixir.

Pioneer of elixirs
It is remarkable how this fragrance stands out from the crowd... and still seems to be quite pleasing. At the beginning, you are almost overwhelmed by the nutmeg-heavy spiciness, which turns into a woody, sweetish direction as it progresses.
The ambroxan note is somewhat toned down compared to the other fragrances in the range. The lavender paired with the liquorice is a combination that I have never smelled before. Here you can already speak of a masterpiece among designer fragrances! The price is debatable whether it is justified to ask so much for it, but for me it is more or less okay. The 60ml is more than enough, as the content is so potent and strong that 2 to a maximum of 3 sprays are sufficient.
Wearable at any time of year except summer, although it should also be used on cool evenings.
Overall, a very strong, rounded fragrance with few rough edges, in my opinion, but should still be tested beforehand. Chapeau, Dior!

Nik604Nik604 3 years ago
This is the Dior's answer to the all of masses , screaming to the world that Sauvage is screeching and synthetic ,,,now is only synthetic.
DanijelsDanijels 3 years ago
6.5
Disappointment here. Unjustified hype about this perfume. No sillage, minimum projection. Average at best. Already seen several times.
1 Comment
Connoisseur6Connoisseur6 2 years ago
Sauvage EdP + gingerbread = Sauvage Elixir
NgarciaNgarcia 3 years ago
6.5
I was testing it today, an absolutely meh, average performance, nothing new in composition, expensive, a huge pass.
MikaelMikael 2 years ago
I only tried it once, but hated it. It's strong and sweet. Cloying. I don't get the hype. Generic modern take on classic fougere.
More statements

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme Sport (2021) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit Parfum by Dior