Search Forum

Beginner question - small collection after BdC

Beginner question - small collection after BdC 6 months ago

Hi everyone!

What would you choose, or how would you extend this small collection? My starting point is Bleu de Chanel, I really like it, just want to have other options.

Bleu de Chanel ParfumBleu de Chanel Parfum

Sauvage ElixirSauvage Elixir

LaytonLayton

Edit: Currently I own all 3, but a little indecisive on the last 2.

Thanks Smile

Last edited by Wldnml on 24.10.2023, 16:32; edited 2 times in total
6 months ago 1

Are you saying you already own those 3 and are looking for a 4th or are you trying to decide between those 3?

BTW to add fragrance to your post use the hashtag and start writing the name of a fragrance and a list will appear on screen. I will post a screenshot. It will help you post comments with fragrances in the comment easier and faster 🙂

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum)Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum

6 months ago
Mitchcraft

Are you saying you already own those 3 and are looking for a 4th or are you trying to decide between those 3?

BTW to add fragrance to your post use the hashtag and start writing the name of a fragrance and a list will appear on screen. I will post a screenshot. It will help you post comments with fragrances in the comment easier and faster 🙂

Hi, thanks! Just edited my previous post! I own all 3, but a little indecisive on Sauvage ElixirSauvage Elixir vs. LaytonLayton . Thanks Smile

6 months ago
Wldnml
Mitchcraft

Hi, thanks! Just edited my previous post! I own all 3, but a little indecisive on Sauvage ElixirSauvage Elixir vs. LaytonLayton . Thanks Smile

Out of the 3 I love the smell of LaytonLayton the most but I have a similar fragrance that has better performance "Hard Candy Elixir | Aaron Terence Hughes" and Hard Candy (2023)Hard Candy (2023)

I do love blue fragrances and you have a good one there.

I think you could try extending it with maybe a nice tobacco fragrance with the likes of HerodHerodSpicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme or "XJ 1861 Naxos | XerJoff"

If you want to continue on a blue path a beautiful marine scent is "Join The Club - 40 Knots | XerJoff"

A nice vanilla boozy scent you could also add to your collection is Van Py RhumVan Py Rhum which has an amazing amount of vanilla notes in it. I have a review on its page with a list of just how much vanilla is in it worth checking out.
The thing is and I think we all as collectors go through a stage of thinking about what other people like more when we should care about what us the people buying and wearing it like over the opinion of others. The only time I would worry about other people’s opinions is if I was on a first date and not wanting to wear something an ex of theirs wore lol.

I like what you have though 🙂

6 months ago

Hi there. Judging by what you have there, I'd definitely lean towards a winter scent. More questions are to be asked honestly, like do you want STRONG scents that fill a room or softer more sensual trails that linger behind you? Instant crush by mancera is AMAZING and gives an example of the insanely expensive Baccarat 540, but more sweet and airy. That is a great buy, imo. Mancera has ALOT of unique and diverse scents. I'd recommend checking them out, and seeing what fits your playstyle! Le couvent Ambra is something I believed every man should own. It's classy, sexy, and very unique, while not being too loud in terms of projection. It's a perfect scent in my personal opinion! Cheers

6 months ago

I reccomend you to try MFK's fragrances. Their quality is on point and their price is okay. Plus you can get 4 samples for 14€ on their website which is pretty good.

You might like:

Grand SoirGrand Soir : heavy on the amber, it's great for the evening, especially in fall and winter

"Gentle fluidity (Silver) | Maison Francis Kurkdjian" probably my favourite from this maison. It reminds of gin tonic, with amber on the background

Amyris Homme (Eau de Toilette)Amyris Homme Eau de Toilette This one is kind of designer-ish. It's a more refined version of Chanel AHSEE. Extremely versatile fragrance.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Beginner question - small collection after BdC
Jump to