One is the pioneer of the cause - and another completes it.
First of all, I would like to emphasise that I do not wish to support the rumour that Fatale is a dupe of La Vie est Belle. And that Fatale is a dupe of Si, does not fit in my opinion at all.
But I can guess why these rumors have come about. The answer is fruit, maltol, powder and vanilla. They have all three and not just these three.
Since La Vie est Belle is the most famous fragrance of this group, I always call fragrances with a similar character the "LVEB class". Analogous to the Golf class.
Now you don't have to like the Golf the best from the Golf class. And from the LVEB class not LVEB.
I know that many users rate fragrances of this class very negatively. I can't join that either, just because this kind of fragrance is an innovation, a class of fragrances of its own. This alone deserves respect, regardless of whether or not these fragrances meet one's own taste. On the other hand, you don't have to pay homage to every freeloader in this class. Even though Fatale is not exactly the pioneer of this class, he is for me the most portable and perfected variation so far.
Why is that so?
1. The fruit of Fatale is only briefly acidic on my skin (with Si, for example, it remains it all the time).
2. The heart note is without the combination of jasmine and orange blossom, which is unpleasant for me in the background.
3. The fragrance is strongly influenced by Maltol, but still it seems a little less sweet and more transparent than other fragrances in this class.
4. The musk is more powdery, unfortunately with a hint of hairspray, but still a little less stuffy than "Praline", respectively "Orcanox" and co. with others.
5. It is a fragrance with vanilla, but vanilla remains well integrated discreetly in the background..
And with these characteristics, Fatale is a very nice way for me to get out what makes the LVEB class a class in its own right for me: this enormous warmth, which is not generated in perfume by sultry flowers and resins as in the past, but by new fragrances. This dryness, as dry as it used to be found only in fragrances with dominant iris or even hairspray mosquito bombs. The fruit that stands and shines in a place where flowers were usually found in older scents. The sweetheart without whom this class wouldn't be what it is: Gourmand.
All in all, I find this combination very pleasantly balanced and soothing in Fatale.
And even if I am basically a lover of flowers and spices, this representative of his class will soon enrich my collection.