Search Forum

What are your favourite layering combos.

26 - 41 by 41
9 months ago 1
9 months ago

Hawas for HimHawas for Him with Acqua di Giò AbsoluAcqua di Giò Absolu

Is a great combination

It brings out the fruits more and the warm ambery woods in ADG helps smooth out Hawas making it feel like a better fragrance overall.

8 months ago

Another for the list

Maverick (2023)Maverick (2023)

&

"Khamrah | Lattafa / لطافة"

Beautiful combination especially when Maverick gets to its dry down stage mixed with the smell of Khamrah.

Perfect for Autumn.

7 months ago
7 months ago

I find Supremacy IncenseSupremacy Incense, which you can easily substitute for Interlude ManInterlude Man, layers splendidly.

You can add jasmine to it (Full (Perfume Oil)Full Perfume Oil), ozonic herbs for a fresher twist (Light Blue pour Homme Discover VulcanoLight Blue pour Homme Discover Vulcano), more gourmand incense (Majd al SultanMajd al Sultan)...
Anything I've tried worked really well.

5 months ago

Angels' ShareAngels' Share with IntoxicatedIntoxicated

"Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Santal | Cartier" with Grand SoirGrand Soir

5 months ago

Jasmine smells good with most oriental and incense focused fragrances, so I usually layer Full (Perfume Oil)Full Perfume Oil with Supremacy IncenseSupremacy Incense, though I've tried with many others and it just adds a nice sparkle to them.

5 months ago

Not sure why i done this just before going to bed but

Hawas for HimHawas for Him

on top of

Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue (Eau de Toilette)Versace pour Homme Dylan Blue Eau de Toilette

Great combo.

5 months ago

I can't believe that I haven't replied this thread yet. I use especially certain brands for layering. My ultimate favourite is N.C.P. Olfactives and I wrote a blog article about it here. My other fav brands for layering include Demeter, Clean and Terres Dorées.

5 months ago 1

Notorious (2023)Notorious (2023) on top of Mr MajesticMr Majestic during its dry down is very nice 🤩

4 months ago

How do people discover layering combinations that work? Is there some method that can be applied to figuring out what fragrances will go well together? 

Have you ever discovered great combinations by accident (e. g. spraying on a new perfume when there's still traces of a previous one on your skin)? This has just happened to me with 2 of my Serge Lutens that I wear a lot (that I certainly wouldn't have thought to combine) and I'm currently testing the combo on paper to see how it smells when I combine them on purpose, before going all in... The projection is insane, my whole room smells like the fanciest floral soap. It's almost too much but smells great. I'll report back with the names of the fragrances if this is a success! 

4 months ago
ScentNebula

How do people discover layering combinations that work? Is there some method that can be applied to figuring out what fragrances will go well together? 

I don't know about other people, but personally: trial and error. 😂 I'm trying to think inside my head which combinations could work and then just testing them on skin. I usually test before I go to shower in case I would end up in a total disaster. Oh, and I have also noticed that testing the combos on paper won't work because the result will always be different on skin.

4 months ago
ScentNebula

Have you ever discovered great combinations by accident (e. g. spraying on a new perfume when there's still traces of a previous one on your skin)? This has just happened to me with 2 of my Serge Lutens that I wear a lot (that I certainly wouldn't have thought to combine) and I'm currently testing the combo on paper to see how it smells when I combine them on purpose, before going all in... The projection is insane, my whole room smells like the fanciest floral soap. It's almost too much but smells great. I'll report back with the names of the fragrances if this is a success!

For me I started with a simple fragrance like Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau Intense which doesn’t have a lot of complexity to it and would be easy to tell if the combination worked or not.

Then I started experimenting with fragrance that smelled similar and that way you there would be subtle nuances to detect and tell if it was good or not.

Then when my nose was more trained I started to experiment with more complex fragrances but still keeping to similar fragrances that shared notes but wanted to see if combined made them even more interesting for example my latest shares a lot of notes in Mr MajesticMr Majestic and Maverick (2023)Maverick (2023) and it works wonders.

So try with something simple first to get the hang of it.

4 months ago

Sauvage with Ultra male has been a very good hit for me although i don't wear them anymore.

2 months ago

My all time favourite combination is a rather peculiar one - but it is absolutely successful and very alluring.

It is Roja Parfums' Risque Essence de parfum with Oscar De La Renta's Blue Orchid

I'm almost proud of myself for coming up with this layering combination idea almost by accident. The aquatic aspect of Blue Orchid truly shines in the woody-musty-rosey complexity of Risque, which is a modernized chypre, a classic with a twist. I could never have expected this to work as well as it does on my skin. It is just mesmerising!

2 months ago

My secret combo is Mancera Instant Crush and then layer with Initio Musk Therapy.

26 - 41 by 41
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What are your favourite layering combos.
Jump to