Search Forum

Please, for the love of god, help me find this perfume

Please, for the love of god, help me find this perfume 2 months ago

To get to the point, it's a men's perfume (but it might pass as unisex to some maybe?). It's very hard to describe, but do you know that sharp clean smell of a cotton t-shirt? Not the detergent or anything like that, the perfume I'm looking for is kinda just that sharp-ish clean cotton t-shirt smell you get when you dig your nose in the t-shirt, but concentrated. It's not sweet at all, again, I would call it kinda sharp actually, but I'm not an expert.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I can describe it better, it's already been like 10 years since I first smelled this perfume on someone and since then I've only smelled it again maybe like 4-5 times.

I also can't frame it to some specific category: it's not the cliche fresh scent a lot of men's perfume have, it's not sweet, it's not fruity or floral, might be something woody about it, but don't take me up on that. To me it seems like a very unique scent.

I don't really expect anyone to straight up name the perfume I'm looking for, but anything will help, maybe some top/middle/base notes I should be looking for, literally anything

Thanks so much

2 months ago

If you've smelled this multiple times on multiple people, I'm thinking that this is likely not a niche perfume but something mass market and enduring. It's also something that projects enough for you to notice it. My best guesses are:

Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette)Platinum Égoïste Eau de Toilette

Prada L'HommeL'Homme

Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)Amber pour Homme Eau de Toilette

maybe Drakkar Noir (Eau de Toilette)Drakkar Noir Eau de Toilette

2 months ago

Versace's The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette reminds some people of a linen smell, i am not sure i would describe it as sharp though. It is a more powdery, rounded smell, but i have seen people describe it as linen. There is no sweetness to it either. Maybe the tobacco leaf is the sharpness, i dunno.

I mean i have seen people say Boss Bottled UnlimitedBoss Bottled Unlimited as a linen smell which it is not to me at all but i would say that is a more sharp smelling fragrance with the iced violet leaves and pineapple which is not sweet either btw and definitely has a woody smell from the sandal wood accord. It maybe has floral notes in it, but i would definitely not describe it as a typical floral fragrance.

Just some thoughts.

2 months ago

Dior Homme Cologne smells exactly like that to me. 

2 months ago
2 months ago

Grey Flannel (Eau de Toilette)Grey Flannel Eau de Toilette and Alien (Eau de Parfum)Alien Eau de Parfum both fit the description despite being very different.

"The smell of a shirt" isn't very informative though, can you think of any specific note, or at least which family the fragrance might have belonged to, like floral, soapy/aromatic fougere... ?

21 days ago

Calvin Klein CK Be  comes to mind. 

Also:

Nemat Amber.

Escentric Molecules Escentric 01.

20 days ago

I am thinking about a accord based of Neroli (or Bergamote)/Sandalwood (or Musk)/Vetiver with a top note of Lavander, and also "Fougère" as a main accord.

It also makes me think at :

Green Irish TweedGreen Irish Tweed

Pour Un Homme de Caron (1934) (Eau de Toilette)Pour Un Homme de Caron (1934) Eau de Toilette

17 days ago

L'Homme (Eau de Toilette)L'Homme Eau de Toilette

PegasusPegasus

These 2 are the ones that in my mind would match your description best. Pegasus tending a bit metalic and vanilla-ish and L'Homme more dry linnen.

Hopefuly this helps.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Please, for the love of god, help me find this perfume
Jump to