L'Homme 2006 Eau de Toilette

L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent
Ranked 80 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2006. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Goes well with Molecule 01

Fresh
Citrus

GingerGinger BergamotBergamot LemonLemon
VioletViolet BasilBasil SpicesSpices White pepperWhite pepper
Tonka beanTonka bean CedarwoodCedarwood VetiverVetiver

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.02.2024.

Top Review 17
A great start of a great big series
L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent was on my watch list for many years and after a short fleeting test also on my wish list. After ages he made it into my collection, even if only as a 40ml bottle for the time being. Maybe a bigger bottle will be added, because you can get 200ml for a very fair price.
This fragrance was the starting shot for a Flanker invasion, including the sub-series La Nuit de L'Homme. This fragrance steals the show from L'Homme, of course. The type, however, is very different, since they are rather day and night scents. I can recommend many of these series and I own some of them. In the L'Homme series it's L'Homme Ultime and the winter L'Homme Intense. In the La Nuit series the original, Frozen Cologne and L'Intense. Great fragrances, which I like to have in my collection. Some flankers wouldn't necessarily have needed it, but you can filter them out and test them. Some will certainly follow in the future.

I like the bottles very much and they are almost cult. This fragrance is available in 40ml,60ml,100ml and even 200ml, all of which are available at fair prices when viewed online.
From the smell for me an absolute Immergeher. A year-round fragrance that hardly anyone will not like and which is rightly valued so highly here. It is simply pleasant from the first to the last moment. The world-famous La Nuit DNA is clearly visible, but here of course much more suitable for everyday use, fresher and more classic. This balanced fresh spice with slightly sweet accents is simply convincing. The start convinces with a lot of ginger. Sounds boring, but for me it's a great aromatic note. Here in a combination with citric freshness. Many spices follow, but they are not too strong. Violets also round it off well. They hold this creation gently and make it almost unisex. Tonka is also active almost the whole way and gives it a great sweetness, which is not in the foreground. This scent does not become really angular and angular, but sometimes I don't feel like it at all.
The performance is good, even if you could see something else from the statements. The shelf life of approx. 10 hours is quite good, but the Sillage gets closer to the skin faster. The first hours he still weakens well, but is still in the frame.

In the statements some speak of boring. I don't see it that way. I feel it modern and absolutely wearable for any occasion. Since it has few corners and edges one should not select this if one has urge from the row to dance. Also not suitable for nightlife, as it is too weak in the Sillage. But for me it's one of the best everyday scents, because it won't find many enemies. Also good for leisure and sports activities.

All in all an absolutely safe fragrance, which gets along well here
1 Comment

Very helpful Review 14
Favorite scents don't need a "10"
L'Homme is now almost a classic of the house!
In 2013 I had got to know this beautiful fragrance by chance through a colleague at that time. He raved about the cylindrical flacons with beautiful lids...
At that time, there was not yet the mass of flanks, so the black bottle La Nuit de L'Homme was also tested, which I found "quite okay" :)
(Only afterwards did I become aware of all the hype about La Nuit)

Nevertheless, I had almost always liked the more classic L'Homme with its citric-spicy freshness better than the darker competitor.
Both were invitingly sweet, but the composition of L'Homme was more reminiscent of another very popular fragrance of mine: Boss Bottled
For a Bottled fan the victory was clear, oh if the fragrances are not twins!

Both fragrances of the house, L'Homme and La Nuit de L'Homme had been equipped with such a great quality and so finely tuned to each other that I decided to buy both.
What great scents of the 2013 batches, which opened up completely new scent experiences for me!
YSL L'Homme immediately became the new signature scent and was quite well received, but I personally liked it best! I was amazed how versatile this fragrance was, as it was able to combine the balance between sweetness and freshness so well that it was a real eye-catcher even in summer at over 30 degrees!
Today I would definitely choose something fresher ;-)

The fragrance still reminds me of that wonderful carefree time, unbelievable what perfumes can do in our heads...

Of course I had used up the 2013 bottles and the current batches are no longer interesting enough for me. Of course I soon stamped this one as a linear sweet tonka scent. And of course the search for similarly great scents had to continue!
So why the hell do I still rate this scent so highly today?

Quite simply, I've noticed how I've been going in circles over the years. And I don't mean that in a negative way!

When I only smell the bottle today, he still brings a smile to my lips! This may sound a bit corny, but that is a fact I can admit to myself today.
Even today, thanks to this great community, I was able to refund a Btach from 2013, at a fair price!
Even today I still enjoy this wonderful fragrance, whose description here would be almost unnecessary...

If I were to think of my "Top 10" fragrances today, I would almost always think of the same fragrances as when I started with perfume.
So I can't help but love that smell!

I hope that I can keep my interest in these, in the great offshoots -La Nuit de L'Homme- and of course in the classic -Opium pour Homme EdP- , and that these fragrances will accompany me for many years to come...

I am of course aware that many fragrances that can show more scent changes and more depth are also to be found in the niche world!
However, I am also aware that my favourite fragrances do not need a "10 out of 10"...
...at least not yet! :)

Thanks for reading!

Top Review 10
the good guy
What can I say? L'Homme has done a lot to me. I've had La Nuit de l'homme in my collection for quite some time now and have been diligently working with it, wondering for months if L'Homme would make any sense at all. When I made you an offer, I hit it after all.
You know these BadBoy scents, these polarizing, mostly sweet and extremely captivating scents, which convey to a woman that you are playful, a daredevil and that you get what you want.
Well, l'Homme ain't no BadBoy scent. He's the good guy among fragrances. He is the one you want to marry later, who simply meets every criterion and for whom you wouldn't doubt at any second that he was the wrong choice or that he doesn't do you any good. The wearer of L'Homme comes so clean that there couldn't be a more perfect day fragrance. No clean like Prada l'homme, but a clean in a seductive and attractive way. Romantic, slightly sweet, slightly spicy, sensual.
This perfume fits perfectly in spring, summer and early autumn to a chic outfit, best to a white t-shirt or even better a white shirt. As seductive and yet inconspicuous as La Nuit de l'homme is in the evening, so L'Homme is during the day - it is the perfect complement.

L'Homme would certainly also pass as an office fragrance and not step on anyone's tie, quite the opposite - but he would be a bit too sensual & romantic for me. For me it is the perfect date perfume for a spring walk, a visit to the ice cream parlour at the Italian's in summer, a ride on a pedal boat on a small lake, a picnic on a meadow in the morning in late summer.

The durability is mediocre, also Sillage and projection could be better, however this smell should let come closer to you and not already from 5 meters one killed - from there: forgiven.
I received especially from the women so far only excellent compliments, for the one or other man he might not be the right one, because he could be worn in my opinion also easily as unisex scent.
For me personally, it definitely has a very firm place in my collection and will definitely be bought again, because it could definitely not be topped in its field of application

Helpful Review 3
Dear gentlemen and WOMEN! :-)
Well, what should I think of YSL L'Homme personally? I own this scent, but I practically never wear it! It plays rather in the upper price range and every time I think to myself: "Noble is the scent, helpful and good!" ;-) But is it also as stated fresh-spicy, which is my preferred composition? There's a clear NO from me here!

Something seems to bother me about this EDT, and the crux of the matter is: I can't even say exactly what! There would be one of the numerous Flanker perhaps ideal for me, but the experience shows: The sports version would probably be too lax for me, the night version too sweet and I want to do without everything else if I already have a problem with the original!

It is actually less a problem of liking, however, but concerns rather the type question. I have now thought for a long time back and forth about how I should best express this, and have come to the following, possibly "amateurish" result: YSL L'Homme is actually too feminine for me! It has a flowery-powdery note in my nose, which I would rather smell at my lady of the heart than at myself!

YSL L'Homme is not powerful or striking, but rather balsamic, a little bit relaxed, a kind of "yoga mat fragrance" for the softie among men (not bad' meant). Although well balanced and of high quality, it will probably only be used very rarely by me ... What a shame!

Top Review 9
Sexual and smooth
From what I've heard and observed, L'Homme has many female fans. I'm a definite fan, L'Homme makes a lovely, refreshingly spicy scent, with all the allure and appeal that makes it decidingly popular.

Woodsy, spicy and crisp sums up the whole composition in three simple words. This fragrance seems to suit any man of any age, regardless of the occasion or personality. Versatile enough to be worn casually, classically or to a strict suit and tie event.

The delicious spiciness was what immediately intrigued me when I first smelt L'Homme. I was not surprised when the sales assistant piped in with such praise with how popular this fragrance is as a present for lovers, family and friends.

I can distinguish an odd, tasty orange note, that seems to be neither the lemon nor the bergamot. Personally, this is what I feel makes this fragrance so amazing. I could smell this fragrance forever, just cuddle up to its wearer and relish in its woodsiness and deliciousness.

Some mention an aquatic type quality, and I slightly agree, even though it's not so noticeable that it drives the scent. I'm not so certain as to what makes this fragrance so sexy, but there is no contention as to its obvious sexual appeal.

The sillage and lasting power is excellent, lasting for what seems like forever and a day. There is absolutely nothing else to say. I highly recommend.
More reviews

DoctorJayDoctorJay 1 year ago
Honestly a classic this will never, and I mean NEVER go out of style. Top 5.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 years ago
Fresh, sweet and smooth. Sadly, the citruses don't last long. The violet is well blended with the cedarwood. The performance is not good.
ElysiumElysium 8 years ago
7.5
Albeit the opening is like the best promise, with the pungent and fresh-spicy smell ginger's smell, though it fades away so quickly, too bad!
DjigoioDjigoio 12 months ago
Same as La Nuit. Awesome blend, weak AF. Definitely will need reapply every 3 hours or so. Large bottle is awful :[
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 years ago
i dont know… its pleasent but just soo weak. Its also nothing that stayed in my mind. nice sophisticated ginger cardamom blend but thats all
More statements

Popular by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Y (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Babycat by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2011) / M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Libre Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Kouros (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2002) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent