Individuel 2003 Eau de Toilette

Bottle Design Franzrudolf Lehnert
Shop now
Search on
Search
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Shop now
Individuel (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Montblanc for men and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.
Search on
Search

Fruity
Fresh
Synthetic

Juniper berryJuniper berry CinnamonCinnamon LavenderLavender MintMint BergamotBergamot CorianderCoriander RosemaryRosemary
Orange blossomOrange blossom GeraniumGeranium JasmineJasmine VioletViolet
RaspberryRaspberry AmberAmber MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla Dark chocolateDark chocolate OakmossOakmoss VetiverVetiver

Perfumer

Videos
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.05.2023.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

7.5
Top Review 13
When the scent becomes a matter of luck
Clone or no clone, that's the question. No, not really. It's definitely not a clone. Nevertheless, I can understand the association well - Individuel immediately reminds me of Joop Homme. However, in the form of a modernized update.

Fruity and sweet and very raspberry. And yet there is also a minty freshness that distantly reminds me of Versaces Eros. There in combination with the apple, here with the raspberry. In terms of content, however, this works almost identically. In general, I see strong parallels to Eros in the whole style. As the fragrance progresses, it becomes more floral, but also more woody at the same time, before entering the vanilla-tonka base. The sweet fruity berry note lingers in a weakened form until the end. All in all, however, the course in practice seems much more linear than the list of ingredients would suggest.

If you compare it to Joop Homme, Montblanc Individuel is much more contemporary. Not only do I feel it fresher, I feel it's somehow more transparent. In addition, despite its sweetness, it also clearly transports the modern clean man. This makes it versatile and portable. Strong enough to be noticed, but not too intense for the office. Pretty well balanced, for my taste. I can't draw comparisons to Creeds Original Santal for lack of test by the way.

So I can assess the fragrance itself as positive throughout. But I find these obvious quality problems from batch to batch unspeakable. Smaller deviations are known. And so are reformulations. But I can't understand the fluctuations that are thrown at the market here. Can and should something like this be included in the overall evaluation? I think so. If I have to test three bottles to get "the right" scent, I don't understand anymore.

Fragrance: Strong
Price: Convincing
Quality: A matter of luck
Top Review 17
The Golden Ratio. An icon, survived by his imitator!
Montblanc Individuel is personally a no-brainer for my collection.

Such a fragrance I have a YouTuber Nachgekauft, and immediately at the first smell knew, "Hey wow,.... there's really something to it!!! The is really special!"

For a longer period of time I thought it was an homage/copy of Creed's Original Santal, which is what you would think if you had to guess it by smell alone, since Original Santal somehow smells more natural and a bit more upscale.
However, it is not!
Individuel: anno 2003
Original Santal: anno 2005

However, I did not care anyway, because Individual smells more interesting for me, it just moves more in me. Even if it is something more chemical / artificial, - or maybe just because of it?

What does Individual smell like?

Whew... so with the note list, that's really a challenge to describe it! :D

I would say the raspberry plays a very central role, everything revolves around it. It's surrounded by sweet, floral, woody, and spicy notes, but there are so many and different that it's really hard for me to smell them out one by one.

Let's say fruity sweet, such a slight amber impact, a little sticky, a little "alien" so alien / chemical. Also slightly fresh, actually not so little! It's just not so noticeable because the sweetness radiates more strongly, and there are so "many small" fresh notes, which puzzle together here.
And in sum, Individuel smells somehow so typically masculine-Cologne artig, so it just feels very much like a confident, sexy signature fragrance.
A little mistery, but present, with great charisma, yet not overbearing.

The Individuel lover likes to wear his fragrance often, it's also such a grab-and-go thing. Fits in really every season and temperature, and to most situations. To the funeral it is perhaps a little too "happy", but otherwise goes really everything. So in the office, you'll make a few new friends with it in no time ;)

Unfortunately, Individuel was now finally discontinued after a long time on the market, it is also no longer listed on the manufacturer's page.

I understand it, because even though it is very timeless, scents like Explorer, or Legend are just more modern, and do something similar. But are a little easier to grasp in their DNA, for the masses.

I still find Individual is really unique, almost a kind of highlight from the house, it's a bit like the golden ratio of this fragrance for me smell-wise.

Just perfect!

I would think of Joop Homme now, which is also somewhat similar, but Joop Homme is much more striking for my taste. It smells much more like "broad masses", you think immediately "I know but...".
Individuel... is just individual. ;)

So a fragrance where you are constantly asked what the good is, with nervousness in the voice of the counterpart, it would be but also like so individual. ;D
Ufooo
"Fresh fabric softener with a rasperry vibe" Jeremy Fragrance in 2016?
It's been a long time since I've watched many videos from the enthusiastic perfume designer.
Today I don't like his videos that much anymore, because he has developed in a funny direction.
But what I have left is the catch phrase that I always think of when I read "Montblanc Individuel".

I think he hit the nail on the head with this Montblanc Individuel lives up to its name, as I have - at least until now - never smelled a fragrance that goes in a similar direction.

My beginner's nose recognizes at the beginning a beautiful interplay of bergamot, juniper berry and washing powder, whereby the latter is discreet and hardly disturbing.
As the fragrance changes its nature and becomes slightly spicy and sweet.
In my opinion, the fragrance is accompanied throughout by an artificial nuance, which does not harm the overall work!

I think it is a perfume suitable for everyday use for everyone who likes clean, fresh, but also delicious fragrances!
Definitely worth a blind buy, because it is cheap to get (23€ for 75ml Nov. 2020).
Blind purchase
because of the community :-)

I have to admit that the only reason I bought this fragrance is because of the Montblanc brand. No kidding. Of course, because it is supposed to resemble a Creed fragrance, and who wants to spend €200 on a fragrance? I do, but not on Creed.

I really wanted to test this fragrance, because various perfume lovers talked about it. Besides, it's not that expensive.

When I tested the fragrance several times I noticed the following: it does not change. From beginning to end.

It smells sweet and fruity to me all the time, in fact it smells like raspberry. An Albanian colleague, who never complimented me before, suddenly said: "You smell good yes" I: "Stop it, you are saying that extra" He: "No, the smell smells really delicious"

In fact I received a compliment from a lady as well.

Personally, I don't think much of this fragrance. It has nothing special for me and somehow smells like Hubba Hubba. I like hubba hubba, but I don't always want to smell it.

I wear it only when I don't know what to wear (happens rarely) and want compliments.

Shelf life and silage are okay for this price, about average.
Helpful Review 5
Was I lucky then?
Anyone who follows the Fragrance YouTuber, especially Jeremy Fragrance, on YouTube will have noticed that Jeremy in particular thinks very highly of this chemotherapy. It is sold as a simple, round office scent. "Fresh, luxurious fabric softener with a raspberry touch" is the classic quote from the YouTuber. Moreover, Montblanc Individual is considered a perfume that resembles Creed Original Santal. If so, then Creed was inspired by Montblanc, because the fragrance was launched only two years after Montblanc Individuel ;-) The two do indeed have a certain similarity, but at Montblanc it smells fruitier.

Individuals actually smell of freshly washed clothes. I still find it very difficult to distinguish the individual nuances of the scent pyramid from each other, it seems to be a little bit of everything, but this melts into a very soft, pleasantly smelling casual perfume. Only the raspberry really stands out, but by no means penetrating, but springlike and delicious.

Now, to the problem. When I leaf through the comments here, it seems that everyone has a different perception of this perfume. Unfortunately, there are several reports (and therefore I really don't believe that they write nonsense) that the perfume smells strongly diluted and soapy. So it seems that Individuel has a strong problem with reformulation. The question is, when did the fragrance seem to change so quickly? In terms of the pure scent character, I can really only say good things about my version! Ok, the durability is a bit lousy, the fragrance has problems to survive the 4 hour mark on the skin, but it fights. Can I get over it a little bit here? But otherwise the perfume is exactly what I expected.

What's really exciting are the batch codes of my bottle: in fact, the batch code on my packaging differs from the one on the bottle. According to Checkfresh, my packaging says it's a 2010 batch, whereas the batch on the bottle is dated 2014... that's odd. Oh yes, I bought the fragrance from Notino back then. The question is, which production year is correct? Anyway, it seems that I was lucky with my batch. But with all the comments, I don't know if I should use up my bottle so quickly, because apparently the new batches are no good. That's why it's really difficult for me to make a recommendation and consider ordering this perfume again.

More reviews

Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Very versatile for any kind of weather/situations. As it does everything well it does not excell at anything. A bit boring but a safe buy.
JMWeedJMWeed 2 years ago
Good scent, not great, solid for the money though, one of the better performers out of a rack store.
Blako11Blako11 2 years ago
What I like about this perfume is its strong presence of sandalwood, to me it smells like fine wood and I like the smell of wood.
JFP26JFP26 2 years ago
It's a pleasant synthetic sweet scent. Versatile and for all seasons however it doesn't last. I find it boring and safe. Overall it's ok.
AMGMoonHaloAMGMoonHalo 3 years ago
Strong aromatic intro. Sweet fresh floral woody clean scent with a touch of spice. It's not gourmand. Compliment worthy.
More statements

Popular by Montblanc

Explorer by Montblanc Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend Spirit by Montblanc Présence (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend Night by Montblanc Starwalker (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend Intense by Montblanc Legend (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Parfum) by Montblanc Legend pour Femme by Montblanc Présence d'Une Femme by Montblanc Femme de Montblanc (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Lady Emblem L'Eau by Montblanc Explorer Ultra Blue by Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel (Eau de Toilette) by Montblanc Signature Absolue by Montblanc Emblem by Montblanc Lady Emblem by Montblanc Emblem Intense by Montblanc