Search Forum

What Notes Are You Tired of Seeing in Perfumes?

26 - 49 by 49
10 months ago 1

Ethyl maltol overdoses

That lactone that smells like Teddy Grahams

10 months ago 1

I am tired of this strawberry tuberose everywhere, like L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum)L'Interdit (2018) Eau de Parfum and flankers and clones.

Rose+patchouli - I can get infinite amount of it Smile

9 months ago 2

Honey. It doesn't work with my skin chemistry. I'm also not that fond of amber-heavy perfumes, because at this point I'm just bored of them. Same goes for gourmands.

9 months ago 2

Sick of ouds and gourmands in general. It's like there's no subtlety in so much of perfumery anymore, everything has to smack you in the face!

9 months ago 2

I am really tired of orange blossom. It’s everywhere these days - with tuberose, tonka, neroli or 1000 other combinations 🙄

9 months ago 2

I support the comments about rose-patchouli. I rarely like patchouli, especially earthy ones. More often they spoil the perfume in my perception. Also I don't like cardamom, musks and notes of cosmetic powder and ambroxan, rhubarb. I do not share the trend for vegetable flavors. If I feel like smelling like soup or salad, I'll go into the kitchen and make soup or salad 😁 In perfumes, this is already too much.

9 months ago 1

First not that comes to mind is Fig! I can't bare the smell of fig at all. 

9 months ago 3

i'm pretty tired of vanilla and coconut. two things i enjoy smelling in real life but coconut fragrance often smells off to me and vanilla is so common it seems and stands out to me a lot over the rest of the perfume blend

9 months ago 3

Nothing, really. There are infinite combinations of notes and the same notes are used differently, so I am never bored! 

9 months ago 1

Cardamom yes I'm kinda sick of it

9 months ago 1

Anything Aventus or clones of it. I am so bored to tears of smoke and one other fruit note to accompany it. Was testing GreenleyGreenley today which smelled fantastic for 3 hours and then there it is. I even scrubbed my hand and i can still smell the smoke. It did have apple with it instead of pineapple which was a change i guess, but god how boring to have gone from something so fantastic to this for the entire day on my hand. I have washed my hands several times, and it is still there. I was absolutely up for buying Greenley but forget it, i am not willing to go for an entire day of dull smoke for 3 hours of something nice!

8 months ago 1

Actually I don't like anything 'distinct', so no distinct rose (rose seems to be a hype lately?), patchouli, amber, vanilla and so on, for me. I love Mimosa, but not as 'distinct' as in Belle de GrasseBelle de Grasse, but I LOVED mimosa the way it was done in Summer by KenzoSummer by Kenzo though (oh, miss that one!). Don't like too gourmand either. And I don't like leather. And in the more citrussy perfumes for summer, I don't like citrus...I prefer lemon, orange, bergamot and so on over citrus to get the fresh, 'citrussy vibe'.

8 months ago 2

I am getting a little fed up of Patchouli that smells like chocolate and actual chocolate in general.

I don’t mind gourmands that we know are fragrances that have a hint of the smell of food but fragrances that smell purely of food and cross the line from being a fragrance that reminds of us food to a fragrance that smells only of food with the likes of Vicious CacaoVicious Cacao is a massive no to me. It’s way to sticky, chocolate drenched in some caramel sauce and I just don’t want to smell exactly like a diabetic’s nightmare.

Something like Tony Iommi Monkey SpecialTony Iommi Monkey Special with the rum reminds me that it is still a fragrance with a touch of gourmand, or maybe something like Pegasus ExclusifPegasus Exclusif and Maverick (2023)Maverick (2023) they are examples of gourmands that while smelling reminiscent of food still tow the line between smelling of sickly sweet food and a fragrance that happens to have food aspects to them.

Another good example would be 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky

7 months ago 1

Litchi, coconut and ambroxan

6 months ago 1

Vanilla and fruit or fruit and patchouli. 
I wouldn't mind trying them in an interesting and unpredictable combination but so far that almost never happens.

6 months ago 1

I feel like oud had it's fifteen minutes of fame and there's nothing edgy about it anymore.

Tired of seeing "whipped cream accord" as a note. I mean, it's just a light vanilla, right?

6 months ago 1

I generally love synthetics, but having dabbled in creating perfumes, I can tell you exactly which synthetics I'm sick of smelling in commercial perfumes, and that is AmberMax /AmberXtreme (or anything similar). I unfortunately have a big bottle of one of them (don't recall which) and I can tell you it is cheap cheap cheap. The stuff smells like a labotomy!

5 months ago 2

Iris is a love-hate for me. I somehow find it addicting to smell, but at the same time for me it ruins the whole smell by making it too earthy.

5 months ago 1

I will always say that iris is a love-hate for me. It adds an extra olfactory dimension to the whole formulation, but, at the same time, do I want that extra dimension or do I think the perfume would smell better without it?

The note that I definitely can't get pass through is Leather. No chance for my nose to apreciate that note. At all.

5 months ago 1

Cassis/blackcurrant in all forms: bud, leaf, and berry.  It all either smells outright of cat piss to me, or at least tinged with cat piss.  

5 months ago 1
Vlyr

I will always say that iris is a love-hate for me. It adds an extra olfactory dimension to the whole formulation, but, at the same time, do I want that extra dimension or do I think the perfume would smell better without it?

The note that I definitely can't get pass through is Leather. No chance for my nose to apreciate that note. At all.

Oh yeah i totally agree about the leather note. It's such a screechy smell to me and I absolutely avoid it for the most part, especially in newer perfumes. It's fine in Shalimar (Eau de Parfum)Shalimar Eau de Parfum but that's about it.

Iris is a huge love for me. However, I highly prefer it to smell prominent and rooty/carroty or lipsticky like in Iris RebelleIris Rebelle . If it's too light and airy it's like why is it even listed as a note?

5 months ago 1
Anamandy

I am tired of the Patchouli Rose combinations, heavy sweet vanillas, and Calone, (that phony melon note). What notes are you tired of seeing in perfumes? 

saffron. i'm one of those people who gets a strong rubber/dentist office vibe from it and im tired of it ruining fragrances i would otherwise love lol

4 months ago 1

Musk is a bad note in perfume. It makes the perfume round, but does not smell good. There are better alternatives like sandalwood.

3 months ago 1

Cherry, because I’ve never been a fan of the note.

26 - 49 by 49
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What Notes Are You Tired of Seeing in Perfumes?
Jump to