Search Forum

État libre d'orange - favorites across brand?

État libre d'orange - favorites across brand? 7 months ago

I recently bought a discovery kit for État libre d'orange with 20 samples - so kind of overwhelmed (and also bummed that Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine HouseboyFils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes wasn't one of them! wanted to try that rice note).

What are some of your favorites across the brand? So far I LOVE Like This / Like This - Tilda SwintonLike This and will probably finish it within a few days honestly. I wish it lasted a bit longer on me but it's such a fun, quirky, and wearable scent!

7 months ago 1

Nice! I have tried some of their perfumes and they're never boring, that's for sure. Unique, artistic and sometimes just plain weird, but always a lot of fun to try them out.

A few that I can recommend:

Archives 69Archives 69 a weird combination of plum and a tingling camphor

Jasmin et CigaretteJasmin et Cigarette which is a really great indolic jasmin, no cigarettes

Like This / Like This - Tilda SwintonLike This like you said it's fun and wearable

RienRien a totally different take on leather. rough and incense-y

Fat ElectricianFat Electrician nutty-creamy vetiver. I found it gross, but everyone else seems to love it

and what a pity that Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine HouseboyFils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes is not among your samples. It is worth to keep looking for it, if you ask me!

7 months ago 2

You Or Someone Like YouYou Or Someone Like You is by far my favourite. Minty freshness

7 months ago 2

I own La Fin du MondeLa Fin du Monde, it's one of my comfort scents.

Other than that, I really like Archives 69Archives 69. When I first smelled it, I liked it too, but I felt that you had to be of a certain caliber that I wasn't yet to be able to pull it off. Nowadays, I feel like I grew into it. The one that was originally at the top of my wishlist was The Ghost In The ShellThe Ghost In The Shell. I still love it, but Archives 69 has beaten it. I'm still open to buying Putain des PalacesPutain des Palaces, although I already own a powdery perfume that I'd consider risqué. Another one I really enjoy is Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une OmbreHermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre, but I don't think I'd wear it enough to warrant a purchase.

7 months ago 1
Yes I Do and Putain des Palaces. I don't have bottles of either though because I have too many other fragrances that I like and wear more. I just have big decants for when I feel like wearing them on occasion. 
7 months ago
Anamandy
Yes I Do and Putain des Palaces. I don't have bottles of either though because I have too many other fragrances that I like and wear more. I just have big decants for when I feel like wearing them on occasion. 

ah, I don't have samples of either w/ the box i received! hopefully i'll can sample one day at scent bar

7 months ago

I love Jasmin et Cigarette with its unusual mix of jasmine and a freshly opened pack of cigarettes.

6 months ago 2

La Fin du MondeLa Fin du Monde and one of my all time favourites Rien Intense IncenseRien Intense Incense

6 months ago 1

I absolutely love ELD'O. Out of seven scents I have I am very fond of (no particular order and without nitpicking):

The Afternoon of a FaunThe Afternoon of a Faun (the gorgeous immortelle)
Clean Suede / Tom of FinlandClean Suede (personal confidence booster)
Fat ElectricianFat Electrician (warm hug from an alcoholic uncle)
La Fin du MondeLa Fin du Monde (buttery iris, serene, cozy)
and Rien Intense IncenseRien Intense Incense of course (cruel aldehydes in leagues with kouros, smooth suave drydown)

Started my ELD'O collection with the last one and it's very special to me. That would be my top.
Attaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de SadeAttaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de Sade is very good but tough love.
I liked Vierges et TorerosVierges et Toreros for it's superficial similarity to Tyrannosaurus RexTyrannosaurus Rex without
the heavy notes and extra metallic touch although it's not my favorite.

I am eyeing a full bottle of You Or Someone Like YouYou Or Someone Like You after sampling it, amazing cassis-minty creamy combo. Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une OmbreHermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre is brilliant but way to melancholic to me, would probably not wear it very often as well.

6 months ago

I only have tried 2: Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine HouseboyFils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes and I The Ghost In The ShellThe Ghost In The Shell.

I liked both.

6 months ago 1

Fat Electrician is a gorgeous gourmand Vetiver with a chestnut note. I love this one.

6 months ago 1
4 months ago

Soul of My Soul I think is just so good. But as for favorites, it would have to be Jasmin et Cigarette, You or Someone Like You and I Am Trash.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands État libre d'orange - favorites across brand?
Jump to