You Or Someone Like You 2017

You Or Someone Like You by Etat Libre d'Orange
Shop now
Search on
Search
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Shop now
You Or Someone Like You is a popular perfume by Etat Libre d'Orange for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-green. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Search on
Search

Fresh
Green
Floral
Citrus

Fragrance Notes

MintMint ChlorophyllChlorophyll GrassGrass MuskMusk Garden roseGarden rose GeraniumGeranium

Perfumer

Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 06.06.2023.
Interesting Facts
The fragrance is made in collaboration with the American author Chandler Burr and named after one of his novels.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

Top Review 35
Reduced, uncomplicated, liked by everyone.
Inspired by the comment of my prescriber and attached to the really good offer in the online store, I dared to blindly order this little fragrance. The pyramid read promisingly and raised expectations, which - I anticipate - were not disappointed.

"You Or Someone Like You" starts with a friendly, bright rose, which for now underlines the declaration of this perfume as a women's fragrance. This lovely rose - completely opposite to the one in "Noir de Noir" or "Lumière Noire pour homme" ... to name a few examples - remains with us throughout the entire fragrance, but with the addition of mint and grasses it takes on a wonderful green hue. Their sweetness and therefore "femininity" is dimmed a little bit, the mint provides a great freshness kick and the grasses make me think of a mowed meadow in the early morning, when the cut is still a little bit moist and its aroma thus becomes even clearer than usual.

Usually I write more extensive comments, but here I just don't know what else to write. Again a fragrance with a reduced scent pyramid has managed to inspire me. In my family circle "You Or Someone Like You" is very popular, so that my actually perfume-sceptical wife Mutter would like to wear this scent the next days. I was astonished - and I don't want to withhold this from you - when I explained that according to the manufacturer it is actually a women's fragrance and that I - yes I - wear it. So we see again that this division into "male/female" is obsolete in many cases, as it is in this one. In the forum there is an exhilarating discussion about this - just as a side note and as information for you, if someone wants to join in.

For shelf life and silage:

The latter is quite restrained. So it is guaranteed that the environment doesn't choke on "You Or Someone Like You". Therefore - and this comes from a less sprayer - a more generous application is allowed.
The durability is extremely good. Even after seven hours I can still perceive the fragrance myself without any problems. For a newcomer this is more than acceptable and other fragrance houses that sell more expensive products are welcome to take a leaf out of my book.

Let's summarize:

With "You Or Someone Like You" you get a perfume that can be worn by virtually everyone at any time and on any occasion. The ridiculous 60,- Euro for 50ml were therefore more than worth it. Now I have to defend the fragrance from the relatives, so that I can get enough of it
12 Replies
8.5
Top Review 17
You, or someone like you...
Such a beautiful, playful and romantic title that I liked the fragrance even before I had worn or smelled it for the first time. Yesterday, however, it was time for a day test to follow. What was blowing under my nose was a refreshing experience and worth reporting. First I considered to promote the fragrance in my title as follows:

"Prikelndes-Minz-Rosenwasserchen"

However, the name of the fragrance itself is already so beautiful that a translation into German emphasizes the romantic vein that is in it even more. Let's see if the link between fragrance and fragrance name will be successful later, you can be curious.

We begin classically with an analysis of the scent:

It does not contain much, but the few fragrances are - in my opinion - perfectly matched and balanced in their respective proportions. When spraying and wearing it, I smell the wonderful mint all the time, it looks as if it is lying in a glass of mineral water with a good bubble. One has this feeling of being invigorated by the scent, that's how piquilly fresh it is. The mint also gives a pleasant coolness. In addition to this, I call it "garden chords". The rose is - fortunately - easy to smell in the background and also wild grasses of all kinds appear under the nose. YOSLU is therefore a prime example of a fresh green scent. What I like best is this cool, bubbly mint freshness, which I have never smelled before. I am curious to apply it at 30 degrees plus, then it will certainly cool me down nicely. However, it fits best in spring and early summer, because it has exactly this invigorating - or revitalizing - effect on me, just like spring. The fragrance remains very straightforward for the first few hours and a small competition between the fragrances develops. Sometimes I smell more mint, sometimes the rose and then it gets grassy again. In the end, however, a beautiful, indefinable and delicate mixture remains, which seems incredibly pure. By the way, the fragrance is pure all the time. I'd also classify it as unisex, although some people here might find it too feminine. This is certainly due to the rose.

Shelf life and silage:

It is a quiet but not mute fragrance! It's good at first. It doesn't kill anyone, but can be smelled for about two hours at arm's length. Afterwards it slowly retreats and can be sniffed for the wearer for a good 5-6 hours. This is enough for me, because YOSLU is not a fragrance that you want to fog someone with. It is a fragrance for those who are looking for a gentle sneak, a delicate fragrance cloud and want to feel fresh and free. The price is also within reason.

Title and scent ?

At the beginning I reported about the romantic title, which immediately captivated me. Afterwards I told you about a rather fresh and cool spring scent and the question is in the room, what connects both? I find a lot! First of all one can say that it is an incredibly delicate fragrance, which carries a certain melancholic-romantic vein through the rose. "You, or someone like you" could just describe the feeling of a person who has been abandoned and is slowly freeing herself from the winter of emotions and is ready to give herself to someone new. Although he/she has not yet completely overcome him/her and is still looking for a similar type, she is doing better. She feels fresh, invigorated, the energy bubbles up in her again. She/he sits in the garden, looks at the beautiful nature and for a short time she is gone, the memory of the pain of the past. Yes, the fragrance embodies the revival of an injured soul, the resurrection of the feelings of love and this in the image of a beautiful, invigorating spring landscape.

I've finished...
6 Replies
Very helpful Review 17
The day after the rain....
It rained very hard tonight. The sky emptied in torrents over the thirsty and heated gardens of the city.

I stood at the open window in the early hours of the morning today, full of anticipation, of the scented impressions created by the night's continuous rain.... I sucked the cool and fresh air greedily into my lungs and felt directly vitalized.
But contrary to my expectations, I also perceived the scent of a rose.
The rose we are talking about here is green and not yet in full bloom.
It is rather of the category of delicate ballerina, which sways supple in the wind and hums quietly to the ripple of the water, which still falls from the gutters.
Not a diva, loudly flaunting her vocal prowess in front of an assembled audience in a red velvet gown.
This rose dances gracefully, yet also somewhat timidly across the still damp grass. She dances only for herself and yet everyone watches her.
I close my eyes and take another deep breath. It's a special, almost limited moment. And I think-
You! You, or someone like you.

Actually, I just wanted to write a comment, but then suddenly the muse kissed me in the form of a green rose:-)

This is my first statement, so please be nice?
4 Replies
7.5

Wet Grass Becomes Minty Rose
Bitter citrus and extremely green opening, like wet grass clippings and an offputtingly sharp citrus-mint. I don't really like it, but after about 30 minutes it starts drying down to become a pleasantly light minty rose underlaid with watery citrus and clean musk. Very fresh and outdoorsy, like walking through a garden full of misty rose and mint plants. I get surprisingly strong projection off my skin for 2-3hr, with 6-8hr longevity.

Minty
The first thing I felt was mint, a powerful, refreshing mint as someone rubbed a mint leaf into his hands. I picked the mint from the fields many times. This smell is exactly the same.
After a while some strong green notes feel their presence. They change the direction of the perfume a little, but the mint remains at the center of the composition.
Because mint is very often used in medicine, it can be said that the smell of the perfume recalls the medicinal smell of the pills.
The dry-down is minty musk. Now the mint is stronger to my nose. It is like a last swing before it disappears altogether.
It is a nice perfume for summer, sparkling, boozy, with a lot of personality. It is a try!
More reviews

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 5 years ago
Good and fresh scent. A little bit too bright and synthetic for my taste
LouBeLouBe 23 days ago
A green green green rose. Very original and pleasant. For you or someone like you ?
BardiaGHBardiaGH 1 year ago
Fruity juicy Grass opening, green rosy drydown and musky vanillic base
Guccy2021Guccy2021 1 year ago
The grass is too strong for me to want to wear this but I desperately want it as a home fragrance. Evokes delicious salad
JMWeedJMWeed 1 year ago
This is a mojito throughout and into tomorrow. Not strong projection but I still got a hint the next day.
More statements

Popular by Etat Libre d'Orange

Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange Rien Intense Incense by Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes / Philippine Houseboy by Etat Libre d'Orange Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange Hermann à mes Côtés me Paraissait une Ombre by Etat Libre d'Orange Attaquer Le Soleil - Marquis de Sade by Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange Divin'Enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange Clean Suede / Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange Spice Must Flow by Etat Libre d'Orange Une Amourette - Roland Mouret by Etat Libre d'Orange Noël au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange The Afternoon of a Faun by Etat Libre d'Orange La Fin du Monde by Etat Libre d'Orange She Was an Anomaly by Etat Libre d'Orange Remarkable People by Etat Libre d'Orange Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange Like This / Like This - Tilda Swinton by Etat Libre d'Orange Experimentum Crucis by Etat Libre d'Orange Cologne by Etat Libre d'Orange