Search Forum

Scent for my bf

Scent for my bf 5 months ago

I want to gift my boyfriend (24) a perfume/cologne for Xmas. He was obsessed with stronger with you by emporio Armani, but I wanted to get him something that would be a bit more mature and not so overdone, while still respecting his taste.

5 months ago

You could try The Most Wanted ParfumThe Most Wanted Parfum

5 months ago

For Designer, maybe the new Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Elixir

More niche -  Grand Soir

Not Overdone- By the Fireplace

5 months ago

Bentley Black edition. 

https://www.parfumo.com/Perfum...

5 months ago

Given he likes Stronger with You, you can keep it within the same line of sweet and spicy but add a bit of a woody accord to his collection. I'd definitely recommend TF Oud Wood or F*cking Fabulous. Mature, spicy and can spice up a day. Smile  

5 months ago

London for Men (Eau de Toilette)London for Men Eau de Toilette has some similarities to SWY in my opinion. This is a very rich, Christmassy spicy/sweet scent that is excellent on cold days and very affordable. It feels mature without being stuffy or dated. Check it out!

5 months ago

Oh, so his current scent is something that I would totally avoid, not liking sticky-sweet scents (which might mean we have different tastes). But more mature scents within a similar price range would be, for example: Antaeus (Eau de Toilette)Antaeus Eau de Toilette (leather, patchouli, rose), Égoïste (Eau de Toilette)Égoïste Eau de Toilette (beautiful sandalwood with rosewood and spices) or Dior Homme Intense (2011)Dior Homme Intense (2011) (iris, ambrette, cocoa).

But they're all different. Maybe go to a perfumery and check for yourself which one would smell best?

From the ones suggested above, I would definitely recommend London for Men (Eau de Toilette)London for Men Eau de Toilette . Good and affordable.

If you would like to stretch your budget a little, a spicy scent with a little bit of sweetness coming from oranges is Noir EpicesNoir Epices .

And btw. I the sweetness may come from different sources. In Emporio Armani - Stronger With YouEmporio Armani - Stronger With You , the sweetness comes from vanilla and the praline-like note. Check if you like sweetness coming from iris. A little more sophisticated, maybe. And blends well with spices.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

5 months ago

If you really want something with a bit more maturity,Fat ElectricianFat Electrician would be my suggestion. As I wrote in my review of it, for a good stretch in the beginning, it's very much the more refined older brother of that type of fragrance - and then it dries down to lovely, inviting vetiver. It's the kind of scent that grows up as you wear it.

If that doesn't sound right, though, and you want something a bit more safe/sweet in the same vein, Scandal pour HommeScandal pour Homme or Scandal pour Homme Le ParfumScandal pour Homme Le Parfum would be solid bets, as would Invictus Victory ElixirInvictus Victory Elixir.

Or, if you wanted to scrap the maturity angle, and go full-on sweet and mass-appealling, with a slightly classier edge, you could try Le Mâle ElixirLe Mâle Elixir - it's not my cup of tea, but people in that age group seem to love it.

EDIT: Oh, you know what? Replica - By the FireplaceReplica - By the Fireplace would be a pretty amazing step up for him, while staying in a similar vein.

5 months ago

Scandal pour Homme Le ParfumScandal pour Homme Le Parfum, it's like a more mature version of STWY.

4 months ago

Tom Ford Noir Extreme is a perfect Christmas scent present.

4 months ago
4 months ago

22/12/2023

Have all a fantastic weekend 😎

My SOTD is Eau des Sens (Eau de Toilette)Eau des Sens Eau de Toilette . From samples

Notify about new comments
Jump to