Dior Homme Intense 2011

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior
Ranked 1 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Goes well with Dior Homme Parfum

Powdery
Gourmand

Florentine iris absoluteFlorentine iris absolute
Ecuadorian ambrette seedEcuadorian ambrette seed
Virginia cedarVirginia cedar

Perfumer

Videos
Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.02.2024.
Interesting Facts
The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Price/performance killer
Dior Homme Intense is an absolute price/performance killer.

In my opinion, Dior Homme Intense is a very exceptional if not the best designer fragrance.

For less than 100€ per 100ml you get an absolute masterpiece.
The fragrance starts for me with a powdery but also masculine woody note which I like very much and makes the fragrance look very masculine and elegant.
After a while, it develops a slightly gourmand note, which makes the dry down very pleasant.

The silage and durability are very strong for a designer - I am often noticed and often receive compliments.

The fragrance is simply well received and is an absolute must buy for the price.

Simply incredible!
Perfection in a bottle? Yes! For me, it's a masterpiece.
This perfectly balanced and dominant leather scent wrapped in a gourmand sweetness is the enchanting start to this perfume. A light spiciness adds a little more excitement to this unique ensemble.
Its great longevity together with the excellent sillage make this designer fragrance one of the best of its kind.
7.5

Oldschool lumberjack vibes
Unfortunately, the fragrance doesn't suit me. Nevertheless, I find it well put together.
Its powdery, sweet note makes it very pleasing. H/S are very good; with 4 sprays it fills rooms.

I find this fragrance suitable for the prototypical 45+ year old man who wanders around town in a lumberjack shirt and full beard.

Recommended purchase, but by no means a blind buy!

Mediocre
I bought it blindly because I thought it must be really brilliant given its first place and the many very positive reviews.

I am now a little disappointed. The longevity and sillage are good, but the sweet smell of lipstick doesn't appeal to me at all. That's a matter of taste, of course, but for number 1 I would have expected a little more sophistication and different combined fragrances, but I only perceive a monotonous lipstick scent with at most a hint of a woody undertone, and that's the only thing that doesn't make it smell downright cheap. I don't quite understand the hype surrounding this fragrance, but that could also be because I have no in-depth knowledge of perfumes beyond my personal olfactory perception - so please bear with me, I don't want to offend anyone here!

Vanillepause
My top fragrance for years
For a very long time, Dior Homme Intense has held its own against other fragrances that come in and out of my collection from time to time.
But this one stays, no matter how long it will be available on the market.

I hardly need to mention at this point that it gets the highest score from me.
But why is that? What is it that connects me to it in such a way that I can't help but like it? Sometimes fragrances are similar to music. I hear something new. Then everything inside me gets mixed up. Do I like it? Do I not like it? Why is it so different from everything else I already know? It was the same with Dior Homme Intense years ago.
Back then, the fragrance stimulation with the name Iris was something completely new for me. Almost overwhelming.
The scent was not as violently sweet as most of my fragrances at the time. It was sweet, as you would say with a wine, a little tart and dry with a subtle sweetness.
The compliment factor was irritating. Gentlemen also responded surprisingly and incredibly positively to the fragrance. To be honest, I don't wear perfumes to collect compliments. I'm a bit "not young enough" for that. Let me just put it that way.
Of course, I had other fragrances at the start. Everything was tested thoroughly. Different numbers of sprays. Different weather and climate conditions.
Over time, many fragrances were or became too sweet, too synthetic for my taste or wore off olfactorily.
But Dior Homme Intense always remained to my complete satisfaction.
On my long journey with it, I was able to get to know its fragrance character better. With every step we took together, we discovered another secret.
There were questions I pursued. How does this fragrance compare with other "iris fragrances"? I'm sure you know yourselves. This fragrance category - the iris fragrances. That's just how I thought it was. You just compare this and that iris fragrance with each other and draw a line so that you can orientate yourself better. But I was to be proven wrong.
Dior Homme Intense is by no means just an iris fragrance. Like many other fragrances, DHI has its very own character and a fine balance of different aroma chemicals (whether natural or synthetic). As a result, this fragrance can no longer be easily equated with others. In addition to iris, there is also vetiver. Sweet and delicately tart. The cedar wood note or cedar note as such. Reminiscent of a walk through the forests of the European mainland. It opens with bergamot and pear. At the heart, a dash of vanilla. And I won't have revealed all the secrets yet. But now I have time again. I recently bought another 100ml bottle. Now I can put it on again to my heart's content.
Here are a few things I can't agree with:
- it is a winter fragrance, i.e. a fragrance for colder days:
Why? It comes into its own even better in the warmer parts of the year. Except in midsummer. I hardly ever wear perfume myself because the heat doesn't make the scent stick to me for long due to the build-up of shit.
- just this idea that it is an iris fragrance:
In my opinion, vetiver and cedar play equally strong roles. But nobody says DHI is a vetiver fragrance or a cedar fragrance. It's just all of them at the same time. find such a combo in another perfume. The house of Diordoch has really created something cool in its own right.
- Lipstick fragrance:
That's where opinions differ. In other words, my opinion and the opinion of an unknown majority. Many a lady has been kissed on the lips. No matter what time of year. And many ladies wear make-up. Lipstick is often just as much a part of it. But, even though some lipstick brands contain various fragrance components, I have not been able to conjure up a comparison with lipstick so far.
For perfume novices, I would still like to investigate various rumors. But with experienced perfume wearers, hunters and collectors, especially these Youtube perfume dribblers, such confusion should not take place. Youtube then quickly becomes "Shmoo-Tube", where the headless rumors run their circles and their detached, independent and empty heads attack innocent interested parties.
And yes, I still have a few fragrances that contain "iris notes" but, as in Dior Homme Intense, they are NOT a unique selling point.

As I said, Dior Homme Intense has its very own character, which clearly sets it apart from the competition. Therefore, constant comparisons are probably best made with Dior Homme Parfum. And there are clear differences there too.
Dior Homme Intense is therefore ideal for people who can and want to make friends with a trinity of vetiver, iris and cedar.
As a side note, I would also like to point out that Dior Homme Intense as a whole ranks among the fougere fragrances, i.e. the fragrance category of grassy/fern-like perfumes. The vetiver note means that the fragrance can already be described as grassy. The iris note adds a well-balanced touch of earth to the composition. And the cedar note brings the feeling of "being at home" into play.
Dior Homme Intense, a fragrance that doesn't want to be a follower, even if it is a true designer. Just as its wearer is one of many, but nevertheless an independent thinker and bon vivant.

Don't be iris, powder and lipstick fragrance propagandists. Be Dior Homme Intense wearers!

Nik604Nik604 3 years ago
This is "the best ever mans fragrance in the world" it !

Now let's be serious now...
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 years ago
8.5
Complex, powdery, sweet, elegant and long lasting. Beautiful iris for a niche quality perfume. Perfect for the cold weather.
MrLawmanMrLawman 3 years ago
8.5
This perfume did what many ladies couldnt: make men like the smell of lip stick!
HaliscsharpHaliscsharp 5 months ago
Use it carefully, this fragrance has power. Smooth, creamy, powdery iris, with a touch of sweetness. Just beautiful and seductive.
F1Egoist3F1Egoist3 7 months ago
9.5
Masterpiece, just sooooo good. chocolate and lipstick for 10 hours. Winter-ready.
More statements

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Sauvage Elixir by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Sauvage (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2020) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme Sport (2021) by Dior Fahrenheit Parfum by Dior