Aigle Impérial 2019

Shop now
Search on
Search
Shop now
Aigle Impérial is a popular perfume by Chopard for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Search on
Search

Aquatic
Smoky
Fresh

Top Notes Top Notes GingerGinger BergamotBergamot MatchaMatcha
Heart Notes Heart Notes Aquatic notesAquatic notes Black frankincenseBlack frankincense LabdanumLabdanum PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base Notes Gaiac woodGaiac wood Canary Islands juniperCanary Islands juniper Laotian oudLaotian oud Oud Assafi™Oud Assafi™

Perfumer

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 28.02.2023.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

Helpful Review 10
Eagle wood on the high seas
Today we look at a fragrance from the high-priced series of Chopard. A brand that has become known more for expensive jewelry, but also has very interesting fragrances in the portfolio. We look at the Aigle Impérial today.

Aigle Impérial was released in 2019 and comes in an EDP concentration. Available is the fragrance currently in 100ml and the cost a whopping 285.00 EUR in the RRP. But you can get the fragrance at discounters already for just over 100€. That's what I paid for my bottle, by the way. The nose behind the fragrance is Albero Morillas, to which you do not have to say much more. A superstar of the perfumery industry.

Aigle Imperial I would describe as woody-spicy-aquatic.

The first thing we look at is the bottle. I have been able to hold many bottles in my hand, even from very high-priced brands such as Xerjoff but Chopard trumps all other houses here in my opinion. The bottle is beautifully shaped, feels very heavy in the hand and feels absolutely premium at all times. This is a real gem. On the front we find the name of the brand as well as the name of the fragrance. On the cap, the Chopard logo is engraved in a gold plated panel. The closure also feels high quality and closes with a rich click. So you can lift the bottle up without worrying about the cap. The sprayer is so perfectly integrated with the rest of the bottle, unlike any other brand I've seen. The Chopard logo is signed on the top of the sprayer. The sprayer itself is also of a very high standard. One can dose the fine spray mist here wonderfully.

Aigle Impérial opens with the first sprayer directly with a good portion of oud. The company Firmenich (manufacturer of fragrances and oils) has distilled here according to their own information with the substance Oud Assafi the purest Oud from Bangladesh. How high the percentage of oud in this fragrance is, we can not find out. I think that this is also only the smallest amount that is financially possible for a company like Firmenich. However, the oud (whether synthetic or made from real oud oil) seems authentic and that's what matters to me. The mixture of the Assam oud and the oud from Laos works here in the interaction somewhat medicinal in the opening. The ginger gives the scent a fresh spiciness at the beginning. I don't sense anything from the bergamot. The same goes for the matcha tea. If you were expecting a tea scent, you will be disappointed. Aigle Imperial is a spicy-woody scent with salty aspects that give a slight aquatic touch. In combination with the incense, the fragrance reminds me in places of another composition by Alberto Morillas. Namely, the Aqua di Gio Profumo, which is also characterized by the incense.

In the later course of the fragrance, the salty base note increases somewhat and I can definitely draw parallels to the Oud Minerale by Tom Ford. Also an aquatic oud fragrance that reminds me more of the stormy sea than the calm sea. It's the same with the Aigle Imperial. The cedar juniper then adds something green and herbaceous to the scent. The cedar juniper is a type of cypress. If I had to represent the Aigle Impérial figuratively, then I think of an old piece of wood that was washed from a forest directly on a cliff by the sea spray back to the beach.

The shelf life of Aigle Impérial is a good 8-10 hours. About a complete working day you come with the fragrance without any problems. The first 2 hours he radiates thereby relatively strong and we then increasingly close to the skin. By this slightly salty and thus also refreshing character, I see the fragrance also at warmer temperatures as very portable.

I am ultimately very enthusiastic about the Aigle Impérial. So a fragrance I would not have trusted a house like Chopard with the best will in the world. One goes here the way away from the mainstream designer DNA's and lands not only in terms of price (which is nevertheless exaggerated) but also olfactory in the niche area. Chapeau! Chopard.
3 Replies
8.5
Top Review 17
Entering a NoGoArea
Actually, with the description "aquatic", I'm out of it from the start. Also, there is usually no compatibility between me and oud... with the words "actually" and "normally" it is a matter of filler words and they come therefore only a low value of statement to.

Is this fragrance also to be considered like a filler word? I find that by no means and enter, surprised at myself, a fragrance region in which I feel rather uncomfortable.
The venture pays off...

Aigle Impérial serves the role of fresh-woody-spicy genre in Chopard's oud-assafi-quadriga without overflowing aquatics and overly penetrating oud notes.

The top note is dominated for my sense of bergamot and ginger, the matcha tea takes both their bite and already now light oud and incense clouds are perceptible. All in all, a slightly smoky-citrusy opening with small green speckles.

In the heart, more smoke and quite a lot of wood comes into play what seamlessly increases in the base further. The incense has rather a cool and slightly sacred odeur, patchouli and the two oudnoten are tart and dark.

In this fragrance I think of a small Buddhist temple in northern Thailand in the early morning after a violent tropical thunderstorm, so associates for me then with the idea that the listed woods were soaking wet, also a very rudimentary aquatic.

All around a successful fragrance with extremely good durability and pleasant sillage.
Wearable also quite at warmer temperatures. Unisex yes, but...

The entire presentation seems luxurious, but also a little out of time. The flacons of the series are designed in petrol-colored glass, very massive and remind of the fact that the fragrances come as a collection extension of a jeweler, in the classic staircase cut therefore, as it is common, for example, with aquamarines.

Testenswert is the series in any case, although also nothing really groundbreaking or unique is there
12 Replies

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Black Incense Malaki by Chopard Imperiale - Iris Malika by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Cašmir (Parfum) by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Néroli à la Cardamome du Guatemala by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Happy Chopard - Bigaradia by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Or de Calambac by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Rose Seljuke by Chopard