Carnal Blend

Narcotic Delight 2024

Narcotic Delight by Initio
Narcotic Delight is a new perfume by Initio for women and men and was released in 2024. The scent is sweet-spicy. Pronunciation

Gourmand
Oriental
Fruity

Fragrance Notes

CherryCherry Black pepperBlack pepper CognacCognac TobaccoTobacco HedioneHedione Pink pepperPink pepper VanillaVanilla
Submitted by Omrfrq, last update on 01.03.2024.
Interesting Facts
The fragrance is part of the "Carnal Blend" collection.

8.5

Top Review 24
Narcotic Delight: Cognac & tobacco coated with pepper and accompanied by seductive cherry in the background
As one of the first owners of Narcotic Delight, I was very excited about the fragrance, especially since I had seen practically no reviews up to that point and was allowed to form an objective opinion. The name of the fragrance promises a lot, but does it deliver?
Let's get started my dear perfumos:

- The opening is very cognac-heavy, accompanied by a good dash of pepper, which is very seductive and intense. Many have asked me; is it like the Side Effect? No, of course not. You shouldn't confuse rum with cognac; I personally find cognac much more alcoholic in fragrances. Accordingly, the cognac here in the opening is far sweeter and more alcoholic than the rum in Side Effect. The opening is magnificent and the interplay of cognac and pepper is truly ingenious; extremely seductive!
- A wonderful tobacco note is added fairly promptly in the drydown; not a dry tobacco note as found in Side Effect or in other fragrances such as Herod, but in my view rather "wet" tobacco, sweetish in combination with the light cherry note. Yes, I actually perceive the cherry quite well, even if it plays in the background and further accentuates the "shisha" character of the tobacco. The vanilla then forms the base in the interplay.

- H/S is quite good, definitely above average, but not a performance beast in terms of projection. Longevity is also in the upper range. In any case, better than the current batches of Side Effect.

Overall, an independent and wonderfully seductive fragrance. The false comparisons to Side Effect in my opinion are only misleading; these fragrances have little in common, as I said Side Effect is based more on rum + tobacco + cinnamon and is rather "dry", this one is more seductive, more alcoholic and with a good portion of pepper as well as cherry in the background. That's why I wanted to use this first post not only to describe the fragrance, but especially to explain the differences to Side Effect a bit.

I would most likely compare the fragrance to scents like Wet Cherry Liquor, but this one is more liqueur than cognac.

Definitely a recommendation to buy and a good release from the brand!
PS: For those who have often asked the questions, a brief summary of the key data:
- 90ML bottle as always
- Concentration: 83% vol

Helpful Review 10
A fragrance that will SPAL the masses...
Hello everyone,

there will be those who will "party hard" and those who won't and at the end of the day I can understand both, absolutely.

We are talking here (primarily) about a sweet - spicy fragrance with a gourmand touch.
(this by the way)

We are more or less aware that such a fragrance is usually made to garner compliments and that this happens in the months from October to March
______

A brief history of this:

I am someone who always buys fragrances BLIND (funny hobby and very cheap to boot - "IRONY OFF" ), but on the one hand a voice told me "no Benny don't do it" and on the other hand my last fragrance experiences with Initio were very modest - let's put it that way! That's why I only ordered a sample...

_______

Back to the fragrance:

Somehow it is a version of many that Initio / PDM (which is more or less a company) have ever had in their portfolio. But it must be said (important!) it is more similar to certain fragrances that have been around since the "modest reformulation (from 2021)", such as the Side Effect, the Herod + a liqueur-like (thicker) cognac direction and in the advanced drydown I notice the Rehab and something slightly fading fluffy, soft, which we know from the Musk Therapy. However, we still have the vibe of Herod in the drydown and this is noticeable, in the sense of tobacco, vanilla, musk - but as I said, we are talking about batches from 2021 and by no means the OLD ones...

Do I like a sample and will I buy it?

Like - yes it's ok and has its raison d'être...., but I will NOT be buying it!

But why...?

The way I see it, we live in the niche and are in the year 2024, a certain creative streak should already be noticeable so that I also spend a lot of money... The Narcotic Delight seems to me to be too much of a mash-up/mix of what was available and I see it as less creative...

He will have and get his fans and that's great and ok, but for me in particular it's nothing (or I'm missing something...). My work buddy said something brilliant about it (about the Narcotic Delight), so he thinks it makes more sense and is nicer to take a 2020 Side Effect and spice it up with 3 sprays of Lost Cherry Eau de Parfum. I absolutely understand what he means and for me he's right. But it's all relative + purely personal!

And now have a nice day/evening, or whatever you read this review, LG the Benny
_______

Helpful Review 4
Initio and its new egg
Take the new Narcotic Delight, spray it on 3 people and you get a completely different scent 3 times! That's so extreme, if I hadn't smelled it myself, I wouldn't believe it either.

One has the typical cherry scent that we already know. In the other, to be confused with Oud For Happiness.

For me, a cherry that reminds me of Emil Elise Melting Lust. But more alcoholic, more wicked. I would almost say that it can compete with Cherry Punk!
At some point, the full load of tobacco. But not shisha tobacco, but really smoky, almost a little ash... maybe the impression is created by the pepper.

So what is my conclusion: Narcotic Delight is not at all suitable as a blind buy

1 Review
Helpful Review 5
Seductive vanilla fragrance for a date
So where do I start? Unfortunately, I can't understand those who think the fragrance is very bad and unimaginative. It develops really well on my skin. The mixture of vanilla, tobacco and cherry comes out really well and is very seductive. I have received very good compliments from women who couldn't stop smelling it. Of course, there are already some fragrances that go in this direction, but it is still unique and in my opinion a very masculine, seductive fragrance that is perfect for a date or winter days. H/S is also good for me. Not Beastmode but definitely above average.
1 Comment

BluChallenge
The cherry on the cognac cake
Who hasn't experienced it? You have a nice piece of cake with a single cherry as the highlight. So you look forward to it the whole time until it's gone after one bite.

With this fragrance, it's the other way around. It starts with an incredibly delicious and realistic cherry, which has a distinct chewing gum scent. In my opinion, the entire fragrance could be based on this. However, this cherry fades quite quickly and briefly shares its place with the cognac.

It becomes boozy and sweet, with both scents roughly balancing each other out. Tobacco and pepper round off the fragrance, but play a rather subordinate role.

In the drydown, the cognac remains quite sweet and beautiful, but has become monotonous in the meantime.

The fragrance itself seems somewhat unbalanced. First the extreme sweetness, then the extreme alcohol. You have to like this kind of fragrance. For me, it goes in the direction of Khamrah and Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely, but doesn't copy any fragrance directly.

Side Effect has certain similarities, but smells different.
Narcotic Delight is much denser/heavier, sweeter, more alcoholic and it's all about the cognac as a key note.
Side Effect is more balanced, as no one note stands out in particular.

The longevity was very good for me. A test spray on the hand lasted all night, about 15 hours in total, after which I showered. The sillage, on the other hand, is weaker. The heavy fragrance is quite close to the body.

I can only partially understand the negative reviews. I didn't notice any of the hype and just found the notes interesting. I was immediately blown away by the fragrance. On the other hand, I understand that the fragrance puts off anyone expecting a weak rum like the Side Effect. The cognac here is much more intense and you have to like it. Besides, it's not far removed from a designer. In most cases, niche fragrances offer more complexity than you can expect here. For the price, this is a big letdown. Despite everything, I bought a full bottle immediately after sharing it, because it's just an absolute bomb for winter!