Search Forum

Quality so good that 350, 750, 950, is totally justified

Quality so good that 350, 750, 950, is totally justified 10 months ago

I need the perfect well blended, high quality fragrance the blows minds with it’s 3D nature, the most intensely photorealistic edible fragrance of all time, something where you can tell the nose had not one price restriction, the chemists are michelin star chefs, and the house loses money on every bottle.

The closest I’ve found are SalomeSalome

"Musc Ravageur | Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle"

Opus XIII - Silver OudOpus XIII - Silver Oud

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum)Oud Satin Mood Extrait de Parfum

Oud Maximus (2020)Oud Maximus (2020)

UnutamamUnutamam

HorizonHorizon

but I wanna be stingy what’s even more whole and physical than SalomeSalome, Opus XIII - Silver OudOpus XIII - Silver Oud and "Musc Ravageur | Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle" my top 3

10 months ago 2

I have yet to discover a perfume worth $250 to me.  I know there are factors which account for cost, but some are simply vastly overpriced.  if  the fragrance doesn't give me the power of flight or even just improve my math skills, I'm not paying that much money for a fragrance.  Everyone's mileage will vary.  I'm all about being cheap, I mean frugal.

10 months ago

All my fragrances are over 95 dollars, most are 300-600 for 100ml but I have a 50/30mlsize

Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum)Fucking Fabulous Eau de Parfum

are two examples and still not good enough

10 months ago
10 months ago

Also I’m really intrigued by NefsNefs and fallintostars (Eau de Parfum)fallintostars Eau de Parfum

10 months ago
10 months ago
Coasterdude

All my fragrances are over 95 dollars, most are 300-600 for 100ml but I have a 50/30mlsize

Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum)Fucking Fabulous Eau de Parfum

are two examples and still not good enough

I get it. You haven't found the right thing yet- and you really want to find it. I think it would be rare for any house to release something on which they'll lose money, you might be able to find info on the slimmest profit margin of a fragrance from a lux house though.

10 months ago 1

I would say the fragrances I have got from Lorenzo Pazzaglia are worth the 200+ per 100ml due to just how well they all perform and project.

"XJ 1861 Naxos | XerJoff" is really nice but I can recreate something similar by layering designer fragrances that I own.

The thing is Jeremy Fragrance straight out told everyone just how much it costs to make a good fragrance and when you hear just how little it costs it makes you realise that in reality none of the products will ever be truly worth the prices they ask.

10 months ago 1

Then screw it I’ll start my own brand only using forest absolutes of the rarest trees, mysore sandalwood from vintage organic wild harvests, Kinam oud distilled by Sultan Qaboos himself,  blue lotus from flowers of the time of cleopatra and the Hashemite stash of Tonkin musk, taif rose of grand cru, da hong pao tea from the Chinese Chairman’s collection.  If people drink Macallan 25 and 1945 port, then my perfumes will be as good. Sell at cost too

10 months ago

Out of curiosity if it were sold at cost how much would something like Notes from Underground (Pure Parfum)Notes from Underground Pure Parfum or Mystical Lotus (Parfum)Mystical Lotus Parfum cost? Their retail price is between 1,500 and 2,750 USD

10 months ago

I'm pretty experienced in the so-called premium niche tier (from recognized brands), but a lot of these are wayyyy out there for price.

Some of my suggestions:

SultanSultan - top oud-vanilla on the market from a very hard to access brand, €579 for 100ml

NefsNefs - oud-rose-honey with ~10 layers, perfect standout fragrance for fall-winter, €525 for 50ml

"Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) | XerJoff" - powdery oud-rose, love this as a formal-business signature scent, €545 for 100ml

Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum)Enigma pour Homme Parfum - like a slightly animalic coca-cola, €450 for 50ml

Scents that I have wishlisted:

NocturnaNocturna - I view it as a femme fatale fragrance, but it's surprisingly close to unisex. Smells like sugared tropical fruit with some florals and ambergris, a high-quality take of the scent profile offered by God of FireGod of Fire

ImperatorImperator - one of my favorite woody blends, smells like a plate of sawdust. Creamy laurel on dry cedar.

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum)Elysium pour Homme Parfum - we all know this

Scents that have been of interest to me:

meltmyheart (Eau de Parfum)meltmyheart Eau de Parfum - it appears to be a very nice gourmand fragrance

Dubai - TurathDubai - Turath - the profile offered by scents like Jubilation XXV ManJubilation XXV Man and Secret TrystSecret Tryst is among my most loved, so the accords on this do have me interested

The MoonThe Moon - just haven't gotten around to this yet

10 months ago 2

It doesn't cost that much but it surely smells like thousands , it's Russian Tea from Masque Milano, it captures the smell of a first class compartment train to Russia between tea and a seriusly sophisticated leather. Extremely well blended, as many are from the exception nose Julien Rasquinet.

10 months ago
Coasterdude

Then screw it I’ll start my own brand only using forest absolutes of the rarest trees, mysore sandalwood from vintage organic wild harvests, Kinam oud distilled by Sultan Qaboos himself,  blue lotus from flowers of the time of cleopatra and the Hashemite stash of Tonkin musk, taif rose of grand cru, da hong pao tea from the Chinese Chairman’s collection.  If people drink Macallan 25 and 1945 port, then my perfumes will be as good. Sell at cost too

@Coasterdude If you start this brand, I'll do my best to be your first customer!

10 months ago 1

I’m in all honesty going into biochemistry so

10 months ago 1
Frabra88

It doesn't cost that much but it surely smells like thousands , it's Russian Tea from Masque Milano, it captures the smell of a first class compartment train to Russia between tea and a seriusly sophisticated leather. Extremely well blended, as many are from the exception nose Julien Rasquinet.

Sounds PERFECT 

10 months ago
NicheOnly

I'm pretty experienced in the so-called premium niche tier (from recognized brands), but a lot of these are wayyyy out there for price.

Some of my suggestions:

SultanSultan - top oud-vanilla on the market from a very hard to access brand, €579 for 100ml

NefsNefs - oud-rose-honey with ~10 layers, perfect standout fragrance for fall-winter, €525 for 50ml

"Oud Stars - Alexandria II (Parfum) | XerJoff" - powdery oud-rose, love this as a formal-business signature scent, €545 for 100ml

Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum)Enigma pour Homme Parfum - like a slightly animalic coca-cola, €450 for 50ml

Scents that I have wishlisted:

NocturnaNocturna - I view it as a femme fatale fragrance, but it's surprisingly close to unisex. Smells like sugared tropical fruit with some florals and ambergris, a high-quality take of the scent profile offered by God of FireGod of Fire

ImperatorImperator - one of my favorite woody blends, smells like a plate of sawdust. Creamy laurel on dry cedar.

Elysium pour Homme (Parfum)Elysium pour Homme Parfum - we all know this

Scents that have been of interest to me:

meltmyheart (Eau de Parfum)meltmyheart Eau de Parfum - it appears to be a very nice gourmand fragrance

Dubai - TurathDubai - Turath - the profile offered by scents like Jubilation XXV ManJubilation XXV Man and Secret TrystSecret Tryst is among my most loved, so the accords on this do have me interested

The MoonThe Moon - just haven't gotten around to this yet

all are on my wishlist too!!

10 months ago

Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum)Fucking Fabulous Eau de Parfum wins by default. I'm not really sure why it's so expensive thought. But, can't say this fragrance isn't a real crowd-pleaser for some reason.

10 months ago

Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum)Fucking Fabulous Eau de Parfum is like literally so well blended that it’s offensive to other perfumes

10 months ago

I think there's a difference between what something actually costs, and what you'd be willing to pay. If I understand correctly, you're talking about the latter. Because, let's be real, nothing costs as much as the exhorbitant prices one sees. Some of the prices are blown up for this specific reason - so that people willing to pay that much get the feeling of belonging to some "elite". You're never buying just a perfume, but everything that goes with it - for some it's an illusory sense of self-worth.

10 months ago

I have just got my first few fragrances from Aaron Terence Hughes which he has revised with new bottle designs and improved on the quality and performance of all his fragrances, so if you are looking at reviews of his fragrances make sure that it is from people with the 2023 revisions.

I had actually been talking with a friend who also does some photos etc about strawberries and how we wanted a fragrance with that note and i had recently came across Aaron's channel on YouTube and was looking through his fragrances on his website as he is an actual perfumer who has had notes created specifically for him.

Anyway he has a fragrance called "Hard Candy | Aaron Terence Hughes" which he was going to discontinue, but he received many requests from his customers not to discontinue it, so he went and created a new batch but not only that, he improved the quality and performance as stated at the beginning of the post. It also had the strawberry note in the mid that we were looking for, so i ordered a bottle and got a couple of samples. One being Legend (2023)Legend (2023) and another is its working title of "Autumn Release" which when i find out the release name i will definitely be buying.

His fragrance are Extrait De Parfum concentration, and he does 10 ml bottles along with 50ml bottles for reasonable prices so that everyone can enjoy them, especially with the 10ml bottles being roughly £20 -£35

I have not been this excited since i was introduced to the house of Lorenzo Pazzaglia. The quality is great, you can tell from the feeling of the oils on your hand when handling his samples.

When a perfumer not only listens to his fans when asking not to discontinue a fragrance like so many of the larger houses do and not only that, but they go and improve on it by upping the concentration and performance with it, that is someone to take note of imo!

When i wore Hard Candy (2023)Hard Candy (2023) yesterday while out a walk with my uncle's dog who i am looking after i couldn't stop smelling my wrist it was just so invigorating!

Like i say he does 10ml bottles so if you want to try some of his stuff out you won't break the bank doing so. So give it a try, i really like it. I feel like we are being given niche quality for a realistic price while he can still make money from the product.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Quality so good that 350, 750, 950, is totally justified
Jump to