La Collection Serpent

God of Fire 2022

God of Fire by Stéphane Humbert Lucas
God of Fire is a popular perfume by Stéphane Humbert Lucas for women and men and was released in 2022. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Fruity
Fresh
Citrus

MangoMango LemonLemon GingerGinger Pink pepperPink pepper
CoumarinCoumarin JasmineJasmine Dry woodsDry woods
MuskMusk NagarmothaNagarmotha AmberAmber OudOud

Perfumer

Submitted by Essy07, last update on 13.04.2024.
Interesting Facts
The fragrance is part of the "La Collection Serpent" collection.

Mercer
Mass appeal of a designer fragrance, but the quality of niche
That is how I could describe this best, it has pure mass appeal qualities, but scent is so high quality, there is nothing that gives off any sort of synthetic vibe. Also, one of the most versatile fragrances I've ever come across. It would work for any gender, any age, any setting, any time of year.

Perfect for summer.

Initial spray is a blast of a perfectly executed mango, with a little spice. The spice in this doesn't really give me ginger (even though it is supposed to be) but it feels a little more middle eastern / incense in the least overpowering way possible, it just sits in the background. Imagine Tauer's LDDM was sprayed in another room and you get the faintest whiffs of it, it's like that sitting under mango and lemon. It's so well blended that you don't really pick these out individually, they all blend together perfectly.

The mango fades fairly quickly and turns into lemon, like within 5 mins the mango is mostly gone, but will fade in and out over time. After the open you're left with lemon and spice and occasionally you get slight whiffs of a sweetness that was the mango, but it's not always present.

This is a silage monster, you'll leave a cloud of this wherever you walk. And you'll notice it on yourself walking around. It's not going to envelope you with a heavy cloud you'll smell on yourself all day like an MFK Oud Extrait, but you'll get wafts of this for a few hours (4-5), it's lighter.

I don't get the performance everyone else claims, on my skin it's loud for 3 hours, then I get a little bit here and there 4-5 hours into it. Anything after 5-6 hours it's completely gone.

Very unique scent, never come across anything quite like this.

The presentation is almost great, the box the bottle comes in is great. My only problems are that the gold plate on the front, the snake portion is extremely thin plastic that feels like it will fall off, and then the cap...the melted paint is just plastic. I wish this was more of a resin, it feels like If I am not careful taking the cap off, I might chip a piece off.
1.5

Mango ginger lemon total 175€
I discovered this perfume at Printemps Boulevard Haussmann in Paris.

the bottle is truly magnificent and fascinating. a friend recommended it to me.

in the end it's a real disappointment, certainly there is work, it differs from a lot of smell but it just smells of lemon and ginger then mango. not at all up to the bottle.

another flop at shl

Best summer fragrance
Perfect summer fragrance. It smells very tropical and exotic, you can smell a lot of fruity notes and especially the mango stands out. The durability and sillage of this fragrance are above average. The bottle is simply a masterpiece, a 10/10. I applied this fragrance at 13:00 and was still smelling it at 20:00. It also goes down very well with others and is a compliment to others
9.5

Mango baby
Just recently picked this up after seeing some hype about it and people saying it is the Erba Pura killer. And well I have to say I agree. I have never been a fan of Erba Pura and never understood the hype behind it, to me it smells super syntethic and just too much.
God of Fire on the other hand is just the perfect Balance between the tropical fruits and freshness, it does not smell syntethic at all and you can really smell the well made ingredients here. This will be my go-to this summer along with Pacific Chill. Very unisex fragrance that might be feminine leaning, but this on a guy during the summer will be a MAGNET.

ScentStudio
Unfortunately it has been overhyped for me...
This fragrance has been the talk of the town for a long while. The mango note had me very curious as I'm in a phase of loving sweet tropical notes in perfumes. Also, I finally got my hands on Lamar, another fruity tropical scent, and I feel very satiated by having it, but when the opportunity came, I just couldn't miss it, because a mango fragrance is very appealing to me.
God of Fire opens with a note of unripe mango. It is tart, fresh, not too sweet and it is quite green. Soon after, a light, shy sweetness appears and the fragrance is very appealing, especially with the sunshine outside. I cannot help but compare it to Lamar and the two are very different, in such a way that Lamar is sweet, sensual and mouthwatering. God of Fire, however, is a fresh and uplifting scent. The mango is still quite tart, the lemon uplifts the fragrance even more and the sweet, grounding notes haven't made their entrance yet.
After dry down, I find the mango note quite elusive and I'm unsure whether it's still there or if it's just a memory... Mango Skin from Vilhelm Parfumerie is still fresh in my mind, I have to say that I prefer MS. God of Fire is nice, don't get me wrong, but it is just that, not much else. I find myself completely satiated by Lamar at the moment and God knows I have enough fresh citrus scents in my collection! God of Fire falls short of what I expected. Reviews made me believe it would be the most mouthwatering mango, dripping with juice from the ripe fruit. I was lead to believe that the scent would be absolutely addicting, but I am left feeling underwhelmed. After just an hour, I have trouble detecting the scent, let alone the mango note. I reapplied liberally and find myself comparing God of Fire to scents from The Body Shop or Yves Rocher, both being simple and likeable in their own way, but not mind-blowing or mesmerising.

Luckily, or maybe not, time will tell, I bought two samples of God of Fire, because I was sure it would be amazing. Maybe this is a scent I have to wear a couple of times before I start loving it (like Hibiscus Mahajád), but I am quite sure that the scent has just been overhyped and now suffers the consequences.
More reviews

NicheOnlyNicheOnly 1 year ago
8.5
Brilliant sugared mango opening, musks slowly ramp up over time to outpower the fruity tones and give it a slight designer vibe. Unisex.
DarkWinterCSDarkWinterCS 2 years ago
Firstly I think it’s like Ishq, but it’s a very comfortable ginger with mango an pepper. After a while Jasmin and woods make it good.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
8.5
Zesty citric, spicy opening with a tropical fruity sweetness and ginger. The drydown is musky, woody, warm spicy and cotton candy-like.
AlverhitoAlverhito 1 month ago
9.5
Fruity, fresh mango absolutely perfect for summer. Unisex (feminine leaning) but a guy wearing this on a hot summer day will get the ladies.
ChatawChataw 1 month ago
Ouuu yes the hype is real. This is just an amazing freshie, the mango so uplifting
More statements

Popular by Stéphane Humbert Lucas

Black Gemstone by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Taklamakan by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Mortal Skin by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Ô Hira by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Man by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Isra & Miraj by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Soleil de Jeddah by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Wish Come True by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Khôl de Bahreïn by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Panthea Iris by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Venom Incarnat by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 2022 Generation Woman by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Une Nuit à Doha by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Rose de Petra by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Sand Dance by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Oud 777 by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Soleil de Jeddah Mango Kiss by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Qom Chilom by Stéphane Humbert Lucas Crying of Evil by Stéphane Humbert Lucas