Search Forum

What are your worst performing fragrances?

1 - 25 by 45
What are your worst performing fragrances? 11 months ago 2

For me it has to be my Hugo fragrances. I honestly get less than an hour with some of these and for that hour the projection is just awful.

Some examples. …

Boss Bottled UnlimitedBoss Bottled Unlimited the new reformulated version with notes removed. So this actually smells rather nice except for the opening where thy removed the mint in the top and swapped it out for iced Violet leaves but that lasts less than a minute. The mid only has pineapple in it now and the base is sandalwood accords. It actually would make a nice change from wearing Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau Intense but it lasts at max 2hrs and projection, just bleh! I thought this morning when I woke up I would give it another chance. Fresh sprays on my chest, wrists etc and I go put on my robe I haven’t worn in DAYS like 3 + days and as soon as I put it on I couldn’t smell the Boss Bottled. Intsread I could snell whatever I was wearing days ago on my robe.

Another “Hugo” surprise surprise is Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette)Hugo Just Different Eau de Toilette this is pretty unique and has this cool effect that i don’t know how to describe it’s so unique. I could describe the green notes but there is effect it has that I think is so nice and interesting that I wonder how they do it. The problem is sillage? Ha forget it! Longevity they are laughing at you! There is zero sillage, longevity it like 30mins.

Boss used to be a very cool and respected house in the 2000s especially it now every time I buy a fragrance it feels like a gamble that I am going to end up with something to layer with. It’s a shame a real damn shame. People can say we are paying less for it but there are cheaper fragrances than theirs that perform like beasts so it is no excuse.

Another is the rebranded Boss Man / Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette)Boss Man Eau de Toilette . You can spray this once and have weak performance with an alright smell. It’s a bit juvenile tbh with its orange sherbet smell but if you try over spray this stuff oh boy! I saw people say this stuff smells like kids candy vomit. I thought they were over reacting but no they were not. You either have a weak fragrance or smell of puke if you try combat then poor performance and spray more.

Who ever owns Boss just sell them please. You have tarnished a once loved brand that were honestly so cool to walk past their stores in the 2000s with really cool but classy clothing that made you look like a total “Boss!” . Sure some sports wear like hoodies are still cool but fragrances are getting zero love from the people in that department. Either have some pride in your work or sell the brand to someone who will nourish it back to health.

My latest batch of Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum lasts 2hrs! projection is fine but for the price I paid I expect at least 5-12hrs

Same thing happened with my Y (Eau de Parfum)Y Eau de Parfum

So what about you? Which fragrances have the worst performance in your collection?

If any of the posts help you spot a poor performing fragrance you was about to purchase, maybe leave that person a nice heart for them😊

Last edited by Mitchcraft on 04.08.2023, 10:08; edited 2 times in total
11 months ago 2

Heh, it's between Chance (Eau de Parfum)Chance Eau de Parfum lasts for 5 hours and Flowerbomb MidnightFlowerbomb Midnight which lasts around 5 also for me, and honourable mention to Idôle L'Eau de Parfum NectarIdôle L'Eau de Parfum Nectar because I have to overspray it every 6 hours.

11 months ago 1
EmberRose

Heh, it's between Chance (Eau de Parfum)Chance Eau de Parfum lasts for 5 hours and Flowerbomb MidnightFlowerbomb Midnight which lasts around 5 also for me, and honourable mention to Idôle L'Eau de Parfum NectarIdôle L'Eau de Parfum Nectar because I have to overspray it every 6 hours.

Definitely annoying when you require regular spray to boost the fragrance. 5hrs I would be grateful for on some of mine though lol. In reality though 5 hours is not long enough when we are spending so much time out of the house. Some places that would be your lunch break and the fragrance is gone so yep definitely worth the mentions thanks. 👍😊

11 months ago 2

I've recently been getting into violet fragrances and have purchased Yardley April Violets (old version), Violettes de Toulouse, and Violetas Francesas. The Yardley is the only that lasts beyond about an hour and even it barely gets past that one-hour mark. But they all smell so lovely that I don't really mind. They're all nice to wear just after a shower. For a big, strong violet I'll usually wear Insolence (old version in flying saucer bottle). 

11 months ago 1

Etat Libre D'Orange 'Jasmin et Cigarette'... which I LOVE for its quirky mix of tobacco, smoke and jasmine.  But It lasts less than 10 minutes on me.  I'm using up the sample because the scent just makes me happy, but seriously. 

11 months ago

Isle EscapeIsle Escape

It's such a pretty citrusy floral, one of the few I really like, but it's completely gone in under 2 hours.

11 months ago 1

Love in White for SummerLove in White for Summer - disappears in 30 minutes.

11 months ago 1
Cocopah

It’s terrible when a fragrance performs like that. I find myself looking at the Real V’s Fake videos on YouTube when that happens and I don’t think I own a single fake in my collection. I think that makes it worse though that they are OK with their products performing so badly.

11 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
Cocopah

It’s terrible when a fragrance performs like that. I find myself looking at the Real V’s Fake videos on YouTube when that happens and I don’t think I own a single fake in my collection. I think that makes it worse though that they are OK with their products performing so badly.

I heard this same issue with other persons that have this flanker. Gone in 30 min and smells nothing like the original Love in White. What's worst is that this one is original creed. I bought it in a big perfumery chain in Germany, they had no testers so how can one tell it's terrible?

11 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
Cocopah

I heard this same issue with other persons that have this flanker. Gone in 30 min and smells nothing like the original Love in White. What's worst is that this one is original creed. I bought it in a big perfumery chain in Germany, they had no testers so how can one tell it's terrible?

11 months ago 1

Costa Azzurra EDP by Tom Ford. 

I love the stuff - such an intoxicating, punchy blitz of salted lemon and sea air - but within an hour or two, it's basically gone.

11 months ago 1

I recently purchased two Monotheme Venezia fragrances - Verde d'Arancia and Camelia. I love the greenish orange peel aspect of the Vd'A, but once sprayed it's gone in almost a heartbeat. It's so fleeting that re-application several times a day is needed. The Camelia has more longevity, but not a whole lot more, so again, re-spraying is necessary. Thankfully, they were each under $20 for the 100ml bottles, so I don't mind having to re-spray so much, but I will not likely repurchase either. By the way, Camelia is a lovely soft floral, a bit soapy...reminiscent of the classic pink Camay bar soap that my mom used to buy back in the '60s and '70s. 
A couple of other poor performers are Solinotes Thé Blanc. Love the freshness of it, but "gone in 60 seconds"...at least that's how it seems! EA Green Tea actually lasts a long time on my skin, so that ends up being my go-to summer freshie. And sadly (sort of), vintage Diorissimo EDC 😢. I can't afford the prices for the vintage EDT (though I found a mini of the vintage parfum for a great price!), so I've settled for the EDC. I love the fragrance...the greenness of the lily of the valley is exquisite, even if it is fleeting.

11 months ago
Cocopah

I had the same experience when I tested this. I've never had much luck with Creed. Maybe because I'm basically a peasant?

11 months ago 1

Maybe Woods of Windsor Lavender. It doesnt even help to overspray.

11 months ago 1

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum)Philosykos Eau de Parfum lasts about 4 hours and doesn't project much at all after hour 2. On a hot day forget about it.

9 months ago

Higher

9 months ago 1

Creed - Silver Mountain Water:    1-2 hours.   

Creed - Millesime Imperial:     2-3 hours.

huge let-down. 

9 months ago

As of right now I've been a bit disappointed with the lasting power of 

Michael Kors - Glam Jasmine

It's a lovely, soft, feminine scent and helped me learn a true appreciation for jasmine! It's the first perfume that really opened up my heart to giving white florals a chance.

But it's gone within about 45 minutes on my skin. I did purchase a lovely oil dupe to layer underneath so that it lasts a bit longer. But it's still a shame its gone so fast

9 months ago

mine is probably Black TieBlack Tie with 4-5 hours on skin - but this thing smells so good, that i doesnt care. i bought the 200ml bottle and spray like an insane 😉

9 months ago

For me it’s some of Diptyque’s perfumes, as well as Acqua di Parma (not the gold, and black bottles). It just fizzles out and fades away! 😟

6 months ago

As a fan of CK perfumes I wanted CK BeCK Be for an easy to go green/clean choice. It performs really poorly on me though so I didn't bother buying one. Green Tea (Eau Parfumée)Green Tea Eau Parfumée disappears very fast as well so I am spraying literally all the time 😆

6 months ago

absolutely has to be Light Blue (Eau de Toilette)Light Blue Eau de Toilette and Le Soda PopLe Soda Pop

not surprised by light blue but le soda pop is supposed to be an edp so i dont really get it

edit- forgot since i ran through my sample, but also Aqua Allegoria Mandarine BasilicAqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic --gorgeous smell, feels like its gone in minutes sadly!

6 months ago

Absolutely anything from Jo Malone. They smell great but I've sampled a bunch of them and none lasted even a full hour. I've stopped allowing myself to be tempted by them no matter how good the description.

5 months ago

Shirley by Tsvga 

Musk morisco by  Ensar oud 

Nuit de bakelite by Naomi goodsir 

5 months ago

Dolce Gabbana The One EDP

1 - 25 by 45
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What are your worst performing fragrances?
Jump to