Philosykos 2012 Eau de Parfum

Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque
Bottle Design Servaire&Co
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Philosykos (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Diptyque for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is green-fresh. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation
Goes well with Florabotanica

Green
Fresh
Fruity
Creamy

Fragrance Notes

FigFig Fig leafFig leaf Fig woodFig wood Black pepperBlack pepper

Perfumer

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 25.09.2023.
Variant of the fragrance concentration
This is a variant of the perfume Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque, which differs in concentration.

Top Review 25
My fig reference
Fresh cut foliage from the flower shop, optionally juicy grass, green leaves and other green growth species - also very young wood - as well as an increasingly sweeter fruity fig, which acquires a discreet milky-creamy touch in the course of time and awakens coconut associations, make up this fragrance
So the structure is manageable, but the individual impressions are so authentic and finely nuanced that they give me a lasting and always new fragrance pleasure.

The very fresh green of the start remains throughout the whole process, but is gradually dimmed, so that the fragrance does not appear too green on the one hand, but does not become too sweet on the other. Wonderfully balanced. An unusual, but very portable mixture. Fresh green and slightly exotic sweet fruity. Ideal for spring and summer. In autumn for the memory of it :)

The durability is almost solid, the Sillage predominantly rather decent.

Compared to the EdT, the EdP is a bit less fresh and green, but a bit deeper and fuller.

If you like figs, but also the combination of green and fruity and also appreciate naturalness, you will certainly like this fragrance.
18 Replies

Top Review 15
The slightly different summer scent
I have heard so much good about this fragrance over the years and yet I have waited too long to test it and buy it.
I am more a fan of very warm scents which is rather difficult in summer. Often I simply did not wear anything at all during the day when the temperatures were warm.
"Diptyque Philosykos" is in my opinion an exception. The fragrance is very pleasant and summery, yet it doesn't seem too heavy. When spraying it on, a green leafy dream is fogging me, which refreshes me (normally I hate green scents, but here I am thrilled). The scent of green leaves disappears quite quickly and is complemented by a pleasant fig scent. Not the sweet smell of fig jam but the smell of a fresh fig that you sniff before it is cut. For many people this might seem too strange and many don't want to smell like that but shortly after a pleasant milky note is added. The coconut note, which in my opinion cannot be identified as coconut, rounds off the green and vegetable very nicely and makes the whole composition a round and pleasant experience with the help of wooden notes. The further fragrance on my skin is this pleasant and fragrant overall composition.
The perfume is wonderfully natural and simply smells very authentic. If you want to smell like that you have to decide yourself. In any case it is a nice alternative to the typical fresh or citric summer scents. Unfortunately the shelf life and sillage are not so good and I have to spray the fragrance every now and then
4 Replies

1 Review
Top Review 18
My fig
We are at a Greek weekly market.
You give me a full bag of fresh figs.
You know better than anyone how much I like fresh figs My hand happily seeks the first specimen.

It must be round, with a fine point. And lie well between the fingers. Under pressure react tightly and do not lose much of their softness.
My fig should turn purple, with a few shades of green.
My fig must be fresh, crunchy! Start fruity and end creamy.
Mild tasting and leaving coconut water-like shadows on the palate.

The first bite, a hormonal surge.
The little seeds shriek between my teeth.
The fig juice runs out of the mouth and remains on the lip.
My fig, she makes me so happy, happy, happy!
That's how the philosophers begin for me every time. Realistic and vegetable. Soon my fruity dream fresh fig will disappear. It is replaced by cloudy coconut water and fig leaves warmed in the sun accompanied by woody chords. Rounded off with a fine, creamy fig juice sweetness, Philosykos ends for me quietly and very closely.
Knitted naturally, it doesn't scream, it remains in a sensation the most impressive and authentic fig scent I know.

Summary: Olivia Giacobetti has created a delicate, creamy and surprisingly green-woody, happy fig scent. A great coconut plant juice with mixed figs (leaves). On my skin it lasts up to 7-8 hours at most. However, it is not a Sillage killer. Philosykos is beautiful to wear on hot summer days.
I first met him many years ago in the KaDeWe during a crazy trip to Berlin. The first paper strip test impressed me so much that I had to come back to him the same day. He still makes me happy today.
5 Replies
8.5
Top Review 18
Wild fig garden on the cliffs
The wind is blowing in my face. A warm, salty breeze. I'm standing on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean. Right in front of me is a small wild fig orchard. Fig trees, probably as old as the monuments from the ancient Greek times of the island. Curious I reach for a leaf of the tree and rub it between my hands. The thick leaves slowly give way and the smell of freshly cut green develops. This smell is so fresh, natural and soothing at the same time. A smell where I close my eyes and breathe deeply. With my eyes closed, I perceive a new scent: a fruity, milky note as warm as the sun's rays on my face but at the same time as refreshing as the spray of the sea that day. I open my eyes again and see fruits lying at the foot of a tree. That must be it. I tear the fruit apart with my bare hands, there it is again, the green scent, so gentle and yet so fruity strong. The fig is surrounded by a firm shell that protects the precious inside and shimmers purple in the sun. Inside, the sweet fruit, which spreads a milky-fruity aroma.

For me, Philosykos is an absolute feel-good scent. It is exciting without being exciting, it is green but not mossy green, but fresh green. It is fruity but not sweet-fruity. It is simply pleasantly green-fruity fresh. It refreshes and gives me a feeling of security. This is what a garden with ripe, healthy fruits must smell like. In the Drydown for me a fig milk in an old wooden vat in which still pressed fig leaves are floating.
3 Replies

Top Review 8
Cowardly: Fruit, tree, leaf
I was allowed to test Philosykos thanks to a hiking letter (the first one in which I could participate!). Many thanks to Volja and Millesfleurs! What fascinated me about the Diptyque brand right from the start were the great flacons that I repeatedly came across on Parfumo. The simple form, the black lid and the black and white label look so modern and noble, whereas the motifs of landscapes, lettering and naturalness on the labels all seem to be out of time and I love this contrast. The figs depicted on Philosykos have a massive resemblance to garlic cloves, which I found quite funny. But only marginally.

The top note starts sweet, slightly fruity, fresh and somehow I smell coconut. The whole thing quickly takes a green development, where development is relative. The Drydown lets some sweetness disappear and moves the fig as fruit quite easily into the background. The leaves and wood of the fig tree become dominant and give the fragrance a little more unisex character. At this point I am at a loss for the first time, as the ingredients of the fragrance pyramid were obviously presented as realistically as possible. And can natural odours be assigned a sex? I think here is rather the question of whether the sponsorship (m/f/d) of Philosykos can cope with the simple theme of fig (fruit, tree, leaf, everything that belongs to it), which is radiated by the scent. Because even if it is nicely done, there is unfortunately a complete lack of variety, of composition, of the recognition value of an exclusive EdP. Moreover, the smell becomes exhausting over the duration of the test, but this may be due to the fact that I always hold my nose to my wrist when testing and always smell the same. At a distance and in fresh air there is actually nothing that could be annoying, especially since Philosykos is very reserved with Sillage and durability (about 4 to 5 hours).

Conclusion: Like most of the other diptyques I was allowed to test, Philosykos is a very simple knitted scent that reflects the naturalness of the notes given in the pyramid. Apart from the fact that I find it a bit too simple, the fragrance unfortunately lacks durability, charisma and character. But if you are looking for a break from the many ouds, amber bombs and spice bombs in the cool season of the year, you should treat yourself to a nose of Philosyko.
2 Replies
More reviews

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Fig skin, fig tree branches, fig tree leaves, fig tree trunk. The most realistic fig tree scent I know. Green, fresh, milky, a bit woody.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 5 years ago
One of the most true fig smells. Growing up around figs trees this perfume always brings me back to those places.
ScentofSoilScentofSoil 3 years ago
7.5
Definitely too sweet for me. At first it's nice and green, then it gets sweeter and sweeter to the point I can't stand it anymore.
MeadhbhMeadhbh 4 months ago
The EdP is much creamier and smoother than the EdT, which I personally found too green
ManVsPixelsManVsPixels 5 months ago
Smells like cut grass and wet leafs.
More statements

Popular by Diptyque

Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Philosykos (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Fleur de Peau by Diptyque Eau Duelle (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Tempo by Diptyque Orphéon by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Eau Capitale (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Volutes (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Opsis by Diptyque Benjoin Bohème by Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque Oud Palao by Diptyque Eau Rose (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque L'Eau du Trente-Quatre by Diptyque Kyoto by Diptyque Tam Dao (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque Ilio (Eau de Toilette) by Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Eau de Parfum) by Diptyque