Search Forum

Say a nice thing about a fragrance the above person owns.

1 - 25 by 26
Say a nice thing about a fragrance the above person owns. 8 months ago 3

So, how this works is you look at the person above you fragrance collection and pick out one that you like and say something nice about it. 

In doing so that means you will be the next person who has one of your fragrances complimented by whoever replies after you and the game continues. 

I know this should be obvious but if you don’t have any of your fragrances listed in your profile please don’t comment because nobody can compliment your fragrances if they are not on display lol. 

Remember this is a bit of fun and intended to be a nice thread for us all to be nice to one another. 

So with me having posted who will be the next to compliment and then have one of their fragrances complimented? 

To see someone’s collection go to their profile click the icon shown in the image with the arrow pointing to it in in the photo I have added to this comment and in the drop down is the “collection” button to see their collection.

UPDATE:

If someone has said something nice about something in your collection in a previous reply and you feel like thanking them or talking further about the fragrance they complimented, then either use the private message function or create a separate topic about that fragrance. 

Please do not skip over people who are playing the game properly without leaving a fragrance in their collection a compliment. If you really wish to leave someone a one off response, remember and compliment a fragrance in the collection of the last person who was to play the game (The person above you).  The reply by Lempi 8th down from this post is a perfect example on how to do this.

Ok with that out of the way, continue to have fun 🙂

(Edits: Adding images, fixing grammar and adding clarity to the rules.)

Last edited by Mitchcraft on 22.09.2023, 19:11; edited 6 times in total
8 months ago 1

I've tried PaxPax about a year ago. One of the best by that brand. Very lovely with out of this world longevity.

8 months ago

@TommieBootje

I love this bottle of Night FlowNight Flow

This is a very cool bottle design and the box that comes with it looks very cool also. I have not smelled it, but this must look very nice on display.

8 months ago 1

@Mitchcraft 

PDM Haltane is one of the best things I have ever smelled in my life. I have a sample and I am dangerously close to buying a full bottle. This smells like wealth but never in a stuffy way. Great stuff!

8 months ago 1

@ScentToolbox

MiamiMiami

Drew my attention straight away, I have not heard of them before but seeing that cool bottle and the the beautiful list of notes made me put it on my wish list for sure. I am always looking for new interesting houses and fragrances and that one definitely made my list.

8 months ago 1

@Mitchcraft Great thread, what a wonderful idea! 🤩🙌

Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette)Joop! Homme Eau de Toilette

I absolutely adore it! I think that it's very underrated, I have no idea why it gets so much hate. To me it's a gorgeous sweet nag champa vibes fragrance.

8 months ago 1

@Lempi Not gonna lie, I checked your collection before and I was very intrigued by it. I had never heard of N.C.P. before and their bottles in your collection caught my eye. This inspired me to get a sample set. Olfactive Facet 102 - Ginger & LimeOlfactive Facet 102 - Ginger & Lime was among the four in my set and it's so lovely and fresh!

8 months ago 1

Classique (Eau de Toilette)Classique Eau de Toilette

Un gran aroma... Seductor, icónico y bellamente nostálgico.

8 months ago 1

@TommieBootje Wow, so amazing to hear that!! 🤩🙏💕 N.C.P. is currently my favourite perfume house and I'm planning also a looooong blog post about it 😄 Super glad that you enjoyed the sample set!

@Azahar81 Your collection is absolutely awesome. 😍 So many beautiful gems! I'll pick Alien Eau ExtraordinaireAlien Eau Extraordinaire which is one of my favourites of all time, it arouses so many great memories and is a perfect summer scent!

8 months ago

@Lempi: Your collection is absolutely awesome. Ihave picked out the Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire.

Why? You create phantastic nail art! The delicciously shiny nail coulor collection is beatiful. Smells phantastic - like the perfume.

Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire (Eau de Parfum Florale)Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum Florale

Last edited by Violaodorata on 10.09.2023, 16:37; edited 1 time in total
8 months ago 1

@Violaodorata I don't even know where to begin. You have some wonderful discontinued gems in your collection. I remember when Womanity (Eau de Parfum)Womanity Eau de Parfum came out. Personally I found the idea of a perfume with a caviar note a bit icky back then and that's the reason why I didn't get it, but I knew a girl who wore it as her signature scent and it I had to admit to myself that it smelled wonderful. Also envious of your bottle of Boudoir (Eau de Parfum)Boudoir Eau de Parfum. Sadly I never got to smell it myself, but I wish I had.

8 months ago

@TommieBootje It is interesting to browse through a collection and find stuff that is new to me. Overlooked or brand spanking new, or in this case a bit of both: your AccrodisiaqueAccrodisiaque by Versȧtıle has only a few ratings and seems a very interesting avenue to explore.

8 months ago

@Gerardz

Eros FlameEros Flame

This was a great sleeper fragrance that really made its presence known this year due to a mass surge in purchases because of false rumours of it being discontinued. However, that probably done it a huge favour as many people decided to buy it because of this, and then word of mouth about how great it is pushed more people to buy it and realised that it should have been bought due to it smelling so good instead of the worry of disappearing.

I love all of the EROS bottles and how it has this sort of 3D effect when looking at it from the proper angle, photos don’t do this design justice but when it is in your hand, anyone that owns it knows what I am talking about.

Anyone who has thought about buying it then put it off for something else because they own one of the other EROS fragrances are always glad that they decided to pick it up and say they should have done so earlier.
There is that lovely fruity twist on the DNA that smells fantastic, and the performance is great too. A very nice fragrance to have in anyone’s collection and I think I will make it my SOTD.

7 months ago
TommieBootje

@Violaodorata I don't even know where to begin. You have some wonderful discontinued gems in your collection. I remember when Womanity (Eau de Parfum)Womanity Eau de Parfum came out. Personally I found the idea of a perfume with a caviar note a bit icky back then and that's the reason why I didn't get it, but I knew a girl who wore it as her signature scent and it I had to admit to myself that it smelled wonderful. Also envious of your bottle of Boudoir (Eau de Parfum)Boudoir Eau de Parfum. Sadly I never got to smell it myself, but I wish I had.

@TommieBootje: Thank you very much. Yes, Womanity (Eau de Parfum)Womanity Eau de Parfum is controvers ... perfect on my skin. Also Womanity Eau pour EllesWomanity Eau pour Elles and my favourite Womanity Les Parfums de CuirWomanity Les Parfums de Cuir . The shower gel, and also the body lotion/crème have had high quality. I miss these products!

Mon BoudoirMon Boudoir (1998 ) was very intensiv. Perfect ( on my skin) during the winter time, evenings. Was also aviable as a

15 ml rollerball.

7 months ago
Violaodorata
TommieBootje

@TommieBootje: Thank you very much. Yes, Womanity (Eau de Parfum)Womanity Eau de Parfum is controvers ... perfect on my skin. Also Womanity Eau pour EllesWomanity Eau pour Elles and my favourite Womanity Les Parfums de CuirWomanity Les Parfums de Cuir . The shower gel, and also the body lotion/crème have had high quality. I miss these products!

Mon BoudoirMon Boudoir (1998 ) was very intensiv. Perfect ( on my skin) during the winter time, evenings. Was also aviable as a

15 ml rollerball.

@Violaodorata

Hi please stick to the rules of the game. If you wish to talk about the fragrances in depth with the usual back and fore replies, please make another topic, or you could pm the person thanks. If you really want to reply to a prior post here then another way is to continue the game along with the reply with it instead of skipping the prior person. Cheers. The reply by Lempi 8th down from the OP is a perfect example on how to do this.

This is now reset back to the way it was prior since I was the last person to compliment the person above me. So I will leave this post here so it is clear on how the topic works. I have updated the OP rules allowing people to reply to previous posts as long as they continue the game by also leaving a compliment about a fragrance in the person above their reply’s collection. Although this was already an option I thought it would be best added to clarify things. Hopefully that keeps the game on track and makes it easier for all. I understand just how hard it is not to reply to someone who has said something nice about a fragrance in your collection or your collection as a whole. This is just a friendly reminder of the way the game is played.

Enjoy 😊

7 months ago 1

@Mitchcraft : Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette)Versace Man Eau Fraîche Eau de Toilette. Light, fresh. Absolutely perfect for summer. No one is going to dislike smelling

this fragrance on you.

7 months ago

@Violaodorata You have some absolutely beautiful bottles in your collection which makes it very hard to pick just one from your collection but the one I chose was something I would love to have on my display. It looks like a special bottle of some sort of magic you would see in a movie setting. I bet when people see your collection they are captivated by ones such as the one I have chosen being Guili-GuiliGuili-Guili

It was hard to pick just one but that is one amazing piece in your collection, very nice indeed!

7 months ago

@Mitchcraft I love Paco Rabanne fragrances and 1 Million line, 1 Million Parfum1 Million Parfum is my favourite, a gorgeous warm sunscreen vibes version 🌞🧡

@Violaodorata

Violaodorata

@Lempi: Your collection is absolutely awesome. Ihave picked out the Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire.

Why? You create phantastic nail art! The delicciously shiny nail coulor collection is beatiful. Smells phantastic - like the perfume.

Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire (Eau de Parfum Florale)Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum Florale

Wow, my humblest thanks, I'm flattered to hear this! 😍🙏 Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire (Eau de Parfum Florale)Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum Florale is one of my favourite autumn fragrances and it's on my current rotation tray. I indeed love La Petite Robe Noire nail polishes too, actually my latest perfume bottle nail art pair is La Petite Robe Noire Vernis à Ongles Pink Button + La Petite Robe Noire Ma Robe PétalesLa Petite Robe Noire Ma Robe Pétales 🥰💅

7 months ago 1
Lempi

@Mitchcraft I love Paco Rabanne fragrances and 1 Million line, 1 Million Parfum1 Million Parfum is my favourite, a gorgeous warm sunscreen vibes version 🌞🧡

@Lempi Yes, Paco Rabanne gets some unwarranted hate in the fragrance community, so i am always glad to find someone who also likes his fragrances 🤗

I have been looking forward to picking one from your collection with us both being in the art scene, and complimenting people's art with the bottle is another wonderful way to compliment the person's collection, and although i have not smelled this one i have picked (that i know of) , looking at the notes says it is something i would really like. I just love the ladies Mugler bottles compared to the men's. There are a couple in your collection including the Alien bottles i love, but i absolutely love the Angel ElixirAngel Elixir bottle, and I am definitely taking the opportunity to compliment both the bottle design and the photo work you done with it and how you truly brought out the lovely colours from it with that beautiful shine to it. Great photo, great bottle! 🤩👍

7 months ago 1
Mitchcraft

@Lempi Yes, Paco Rabanne gets some unwarranted hate in the fragrance community, so i am always glad to find someone who also likes his fragrances 🤗

I have been looking forward to picking one from your collection with us both being in the art scene, and complimenting people's art with the bottle is another wonderful way to compliment the person's collection, and although i have not smelled this one i have picked (that i know of) , looking at the notes says it is something i would really like. I just love the ladies Mugler bottles compared to the men's. There are a couple in your collection including the Alien bottles i love, but i absolutely love the Angel ElixirAngel Elixir bottle, and I am definitely taking the opportunity to compliment both the bottle design and the photo work you done with it and how you truly brought out the lovely colours from it with that beautiful shine to it. Great photo, great bottle! 🤩👍

Indeed, I don't understand Paco Rabanne hate at all 😳 I adore the creations of the house, and also they are superb quality for the price!

Oh, how nice of you! 🤗 I feel so delighted to hear such lovely compliments, and indeed it's a gorgeous bottle and fragrance also, I adore Mugler bottles and Anne Flipo's creations! 😍🙏 It's a wonderful idea to comment the photos too. I enjoy your art a lot and I spotted this great black-and-white shot of CK One (Eau de Toilette)CK One Eau de Toilette. I think this perfume is the ultimate "white shirt" fragrance and a monochrome approach fits perfectly with it. It's a gorgeous classic and such a visionary masterpiece of its time, it still feels so modern and fresh to me. 🤍

7 months ago 1

@Lempi

looking through your collection again and Miami BlossomMiami Blossom jumped out at me with those beautiful colours it looks like a cocktail you would get while sitting on the beach front in Miami and i totally get the GTA Miami vibe coming from the person who was the only one to review it.

I love bright vibrant colours and looking at the notes makes it sound all the more alluring. I really must get back in to the dating scene so I can enjoy feminine fragrances once again and looking at that bottle alone makes me want to get back to it as soon as possible lol.

I can’t remember if you have posted in the “post a photo of your collection” topic I posted on the forum a while ago , but I am away to look right now because looking at you collection just on your profile alone is amazing, so I would imagine if you have your bottles out on display it must look even more amazing. 🤩

6 months ago 1

@Mitchcraft Thank you so much for your wonderful words, your post made a big smile on my face! 🤗 And indeed, Miami BlossomMiami Blossom has definitely a GTA vibe, I'm sure it could be the signature fragrance of Vice City of the upcoming GTA 6!! 😁👍 Btw you've probably seen the hilarious "Le Chien - Smell like a b*tch" ads in GTA 5, those always make me laugh out loud 😂 But yeah, I'm a great fan of Escada limited editions. 🍹

I saw that collection topic but didn't post yet because of one little embarrassing reason... I had a wonderful collection display at my former appartment, I'm always dedicating a whole walk-in closet just for perfumes. But even though I have lived in my current appartment for a little over a year now, my walk-in closet is still a mess, and I'm probably moving again soon so I haven't bothered to start arranging it better now 😆🤭 I posted about it at Fragram "confessions challenge" so I'll add the same realistic messy pic on this post too 🙈🙈 But at least you can probably get an idea what it would look like when properly arranged 😅

Back to the main topic, I saw Christian Lacroix - Ambre for HimChristian Lacroix - Ambre for Him in your collection, which is awesome, I love both the male and female versions, and also other Avon amber fragrances in general. I think that Avon fragrances are too underrated and very great for the price. So sad that the whole Christian Lacroix line was discontinued...

6 months ago 1

@Lempi I am out of words for your collection 😳 I love the idea of perfume walk-in closet, arranged or not it seems spectacular.

It's hard to pick one but I'd go with Smuggler's Soul / The Sandalwood Trail (Solid Perfume)Smuggler's Soul Solid Perfume. Unfortunately I tried it just once before it became discontinued but it was unique. Dry and woody but deliciously green and citrusy and the same time. I loved it more than their current releases. Still a fan of their bath bombs though 🙂

6 months ago 2

@AnyaK, I love seeing Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette)Encre Noire Eau de Toilette in people's collections. I can't think of any other fragrance with that high of quality for that low of a price. It's unmistakably unique while also being very wearable. I love how dark and cold Encre Noire feels, there isn't the slightest hint of sweetness. While I don't reach for this often, I love how it makes me feel when I have it on!

6 months ago 1

@AnyaK Thank you so much for your wonderful, kind compliments! 🙏🥰🤗 And what a lovely choice! But...what the heck, I had no idea that it has been discontinued 😳 Back in the 2010s when I was still working for Lush Finland, it was a classic bestseller! Such a shame, always all beauties get discontinued...

@ScentToolbox What an amazing collection, I absolutely adore it! 😍 Because of this season, I'll pic Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum. To me it's a gorgeous winter scent and so beautiful for Christmas, and with awesome performance.

1 - 25 by 26
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Say a nice thing about a fragrance the above person owns.
Jump to