L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood 2019

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood by Issey Miyake
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood is a perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Fresh
Synthetic
Fruity

Elemi resinElemi resin GrapefruitGrapefruit CardamomCardamom
AmbroxanAmbroxan ApricotApricot SandalwoodSandalwood Virginia cedarVirginia cedar
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver Tonka beanTonka bean MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.01.2024.

9.5

undervalued...
i'm a little surprised he's getting off so badly here. Yes the H/S could be better for an EDP that announces itself as very woody in the name and the name Wood&Wood also fooled me a bit in the beginning, I expected a very woody powerhouse, but it's not and I wouldn't fit the brand. After having tried almost all Issey on the test shelf, I am of the clear opinion that mainstream, but still very pleasing and high quality perfumes are made here, a polarizing powerhouse with dozens of woods and oud wouldn't suit it either. Since my test, the W&W has absolutely convinced me, it is relatively sweet but remains male in all notes. For the cold winter he has a little too little power for me, but for October/November and March/April he seems to me absolutely ideal, and as an allrounder, because he is not too strong he goes both in the office and at a nice dinner. For outdoor or club he has a little too little power for me, so I need something like Ultra Male or Wanted by night.
1 Comment

AgnesEva
Disappointed for the first time by Miyake.
I love the Pour Homme fragrances from Miyake. They all have this special DNA that keeps thrilling me. Unfortunately I was completely disappointed for the first time. Too much Ambroxan (why in a wood composition?), no Yuzu, durability a joke and Sillage after 1 minute not available. The cardamom was perceptible but of strangely synthetic quality, the grapefruit biting resinous (didn't really fit me), then woody peach (what the hell...!) and woody patchouli with a little earthiness. A loser all down the line for me personally. And I was so looking forward to this scent, because I love woody scents. That's too bad. And where's the beautiful Miyake DNA? Hopefully that was just an exception. In the future, heavenly compositions like Noir Ambré again, please
3.5

Very helpful Review 5
Headache, unfortunately.
The purchase:
The fruity top note has unfortunately enticed me to a quick purchase. Since my Issey Miyake l'eau d'issey pour homme was used up, I wanted to test a new fragrance this time. The only concern I had was that I already had a Japanese woody scent namely Comme de garcons Wonderwood The smell:
But the Issey Miyake Wood & Wood is so fruity in the beginning that it could not be compared.
Unfortunately, the fruity, citric grapefruit note is followed by a synthetic punch.
I could never smell the apricot It gets very woody, which I like, but something made me feel slightly nauseous.
After I tested it again one day later, I brought it back to the branch.
The bottle:
I must say, Issey Miyake bottles are very similar. But this one was already a little bit different in contrast to the classic l'eau d'issey ,this lid is made of wood which I didn't even notice at first.
It was all the more painful for me that I had to bring the scent back to the store. Too bad this fragrance does not fit at all to the perfectionist Japanese tradition.
A plus point for the wooden lid, however, that could or should be more often, much much more often. MFG Max

Beautiful fragrance, poor performance
This is a very pleasant fresh men's fragrance but still, because of its performance, could not convince me. After 2 hours at the latest was still barely something of the fragrance perceptible. He smells also not really as the name (Wood & Wood) suggests it. Of course there is a woody note but it is by far not as dominant. Much more I smell a subtle fresh wood on a high mountain if you could imagine it that way.

Helpful Review 3
A Bad Habit
Some more, some less, we all have a terrible habit: making comparisons. Since childhood, we have struggled with when we are compared with others, emphasizing their successes over our failures. And daily, you have to deal with people you compare to others, in good or bad faith. These people emphasize what others do or have more, in their opinion, than us. Dare to be different seems to be little more than a challenge in a society that leans towards the normative. But no one is the same as the others. It is neither better nor worse: it is something else, and comparisons are hateful. Yet, the human being has a weakness: comparing himself and comparing others with each other. And the same happens in the world of fragrances. And so it also happens to this perfume, of which I read a lot of negative criticisms because it is not like the OG. After all, Issey Miyake can do more because it is generic, boring, poor, or who knows why. It is a perfume that divides, of course, but if it did not have L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Eau de Toilette as its progenitor, it would be a bomb. This is criminally underrated. W&W is something you cannot judge in a few minutes and complain about. And it shares little with the original L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Eau de Toilette or L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense fragrances. My first perfume labelled as masculine includes the apricot note in its pyramid. Besides, the "Wood & Wood" is fooling; just one wood was enough, and the description would have been perfect, but let's get to the perfume.

The opening has a divine, sweet, but well-rounded scent. I immediately felt good about the first sniff—a brilliant and captivating introduction. Rather than a burst of woody accords, there's a certain sharpness from the tart grapefruit. That citrus is prominent; I can feel it. While it doesn't mention the Chinese Yuzu fruit, I still have a kind of fiery, sharp note. Perhaps it is the resin of the elemi. The aromatic and balsamic cardamom occurs late and appears closer to the heart notes. I don't get any aquatic deal, which was a trademark of the OG.

Do I get juicy and velvety apricot? Yes, but not in the early stage and not as sweet and fresh gourmand fruit. It is a more subdued base odour similar to dried seedless apricots, which smoothes the woody edges and blends with them. The heart focuses on a mix of two kinds of wood, particularly the essence of Virginia cedar and sandalwood. These two rich and complex woody accords come together to create a smooth and velvety fragrance. A mild dry cedar adds warmth and creamy sandalwood brings life to the heart. Don't expect the smell of freshly cut woods, dominant notes of dry pencil shavings of cedarwood or creamy sandalwood like in Santal 33 Eau de Parfum. In Wood & Wood, they blend so well that it's nearly impossible to tell each other apart. 'other. Those who have a trained nose will recognize an intense and salty accord typical of synthetic ambroxan. The more it settles and heats up, the more cardamom grows on my skin. A hint of apricot, plenty of ambroxan, and a whiff of sandalwood steal the show during the role play.

What remains in the base is a sweetish veil of apricot, an accomplice of the particular creaminess of the sandalwood, which blends with a warm but always sweet note of herbaceous vetiver and a hint of modern calm patchouli. It is a nice finish, not musky or too virile, more generous and more comfortable.

I can see it working in the dead of winter, although spring and autumn are the most appropriate seasons. It's an Office attire for dating, casual get-togethers, family dinners, and so on. This fragrance is perfect for all of the above. Longevity and sillage are moderate, nothing to despise. You will not offend anyone, and you may even get compliments. I'd say this is a safe buy blindly, and it doesn't manifest any dominant notes or chords, as long as you know what to expect - this isn't a heavy wood scent. It's very fruity while always remaining confined to the masculine sphere.

I base the review on a 50ml bottle I have owned since January 2021.

-Elysium
More reviews

SmellavisionSmellavision 4 years ago
5.5
Quite a disappointment for me from Miyake - not the woody beast that the bottle promised, but a fruity synthetic mix of woods and ambroxan..
HermeshHermesh 9 months ago
Green-spicy-woody-sweet synthetic.
SvafrahSvafrah 4 years ago
8.5
Wood & Wood is to my nose different from all the other trending fragrances today. Love the freshness and the apricot note is heaven.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 years ago
7.5
A fresh and clean spicy-fruity Spring fragrance, balanced by a soft woody base. Nice opening, yet lacks performance. Very versatile.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Its name doesn't mind: it's the perfect Woody accord, made gentler by fruity-resinous accents, to wear in the mid-cold season. Good sillage
1 Comment
More statements

Popular by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake Fusion d'Issey by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey (Eau de Parfum Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Vétiver by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake