Search Forum

Perfume recommendation for girlfriend

Perfume recommendation for girlfriend 9 months ago

Hello everyone!

I'm quite new to the fragrance world. A little bit of context: My girlfriend LOVES fig fragrances. She also gravitates towards floral notes in the body and amber notes in the dry-down. Her birthday is coming up shortly and I'd like to surprise her with a great perfume. 

The perfume she swears by is Clean ReserveI'd like to take some inspiration from this scent and find something that adds some fig influence into it.

I have the following in mind:

1. Philosykos EDP

2. Premier Figuier

3. Fleur de Figuier

I'm going through this forum that discusses some fig perfumes, but I can't really place a finger on which one I should buy. I do know that a lot of these have low-to-moderate longevity, so if the recommendations could be made with good longevity in mind, that'd be awesome!

Please feel free to drop any number of recommendations along with your experience(s)! I look forward to interacting with all of you and landing on a scent that my girlfriend will love.

Thank you in advance!

9 months ago 3

Fig is also my favourite! ❤️ Both Philosykos and Premier Figuier are great options and pretty much the classic go-to for fig. They're both more on the green side with average longevity. Premier Figuier is much sweeter in comparison, and has more of a dried fig vibe.

My favourite fig is Ichnusa which is a beautifully realistic fig without being too sweet. It's probably the greenest one on this list so you might want to sample it first. Amazing longevity. 

Essential Parfums' Fig Infusion is another fig/floral option but it's quite citrus-y in the opening. Average longevity on me. 

Debaser is very fig-centric but with more coconut and a bit sweeter than the others. It's very fun and a crowd pleaser. Also great longevity. 

Alluring Fig is a recent fig favourite. It's a very simple & realistic fig supported by vanilla. The drydown is unfortunately more vanilla but the fig wears beautifully. Also great longevity. 

Some other less fig-centric options: 

The Noir has a lovely fig opening but it's darker and tea based. Very dry, woody and slightly smoky, I love it personally. Gris Charnel is the same deal (fig opening and black tea) but the fig is less prominent. 

Basilico & Fellini is a fruity fig with a lot of freshness. It gives a sunny summer vibe. 

Yesterday's Haze, I find it more fruity but fig definitely plays a role in it. Very sweet and creamy. 

Hope this helps! 

9 months ago

@FreshKatsu Thank you for such a detailed recommendation! 😊

9 months ago
Last edited by Lala25 on 12.09.2023, 23:43; edited 2 times in total
9 months ago 2

I second the previous suggestions, IchnusaIchnusa is the best you can do if you're looking for a fig fragrance.

8 months ago 1

James Heeley Athenean is great fig based fragrance at a reasonable price, check it out !

8 months ago 2

Gris Charnel, Baby!

8 months ago 1

I have said in a review I would love to have been able to give a partner/girlfriend Pacific ParkPacific Park by Simone Andreoli.

The cotton Candy (candy floss) note in this is just gorgeous. I sometimes wear it just so I can experience it. It is sold as unisex but imo leans way more feminine. If I smelled this on a girl she would have me floating as I try to consume her like Hannibal Lector on date night lol.

Some of the notes are not mentioned on here and I don’t get caramel. This is more like a white musk kind of fragrance along the lines of another from the same house like Don't Ask Me PermissionDon't Ask Me Permission ornfeom Xerjoff Erba PuraErba Pura or the more male leaning PaxPax from Lorenzo Pazzaglia but with the cotton candy in Pacific ParkPacific Park making it stand out from the others by a long shot. It’s not overly sweet in a way that something like Vicious CacaoVicious Cacao is. It actually can be worn in high heat.

Don't Ask Me PermissionDon't Ask Me Permission is another I like which leans more feminine with the peach note in it.

EDIT: Just realised how old this post is but I will leave this comment up for other’s who may be interested.

8 months ago

Thank you for the responses, everyone! Smile

8 months ago
JennyNoBull

Gris Charnel, piccola!

I literally love this, but for me it's not so female

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Perfume recommendation for girlfriend
Jump to