Masculine Signature Collection

Perseus 2024

Perseus by Parfums de Marly
A new perfume by Parfums de Marly for men, released in 2024. The scent is citrusy-fresh.

Citrus
Fresh
Fruity
Green

GrapefruitGrapefruit BergamotBergamot Blackcurrant budBlackcurrant bud
Green mandarin orangeGreen mandarin orange VetiverVetiver GeraniumGeranium
AmbergrisAmbergris Cashmere woodCashmere wood Dry woodsDry woods
Videos
Submitted by Spl3xx, last update on 18.06.2024.
Interesting Facts
The fragrance is part of the "Masculine Signature Collection" collection.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
Terre d'Hermès Eau Givrée by Hermès
Terre d'Hermès (Eau de Toilette) by Hermès
Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette

1 in-depth fragrance description

Freshly sliced grapefruit
Perseus by Parfums de Mary is a masterful composition that pampers the senses and leaves a lasting impression. The refreshing notes of grapefruit, bergamot and mandarin open the fragrance journey with a sparkling lightness that is invigorating and uplifting. These citrusy accords blend harmoniously with the sensual warmth of amber, which lends the fragrance a seductive depth.

What makes Perseus particularly remarkable is its impressive longevity. Even after 8 hours, the fragrance continues to unfold in full splendor without losing any of its freshness or intensity. This unique fragrance accompanies you effortlessly throughout the day and gives you an aura of subtle elegance and sophistication.

Overall, Perseus by Parfums de Mary is an olfactory masterpiece that impresses with its balanced combination of fresh and warm notes and its long-lasting effect. A fragrance that not only enchants the wearer, but also those around them and attracts admiring glances.

All in all, a great summer fragrance!

Dionysos2022
Where is the grapefruit grove?
I smelled and applied this fragrance for the first time in my favorite perfumery in Munich. That was at around 11 o'clock. I was immediately taken by the scent, the grapefruit immediately took off with a strength I hadn't expected. But since I know a bit about fragrances, it was clear to me that I shouldn't buy it straight away, but wait and see how it develops and what comes next.

So I strolled on across Marienplatz into Kaufingerstraße. Then I popped into the perfumery with the big D and looked around as one of the sales assistants asked me what strong, fresh fragrance I was wearing. At first I was confused and then I remembered that I had sprayed on Perseus. The sales assistant looked at me with wide eyes and said that you already know that we can smell it all over the floor. I looked at him and denied this, I had just sprayed it on my arms with two syringes an hour ago to test it.

When I returned home in the evening about 9 hours later, the scent was still very present. The grapefruit was still very noticeable with a slight green/herbaceous note that really makes it very masculine.

My conclusion Perseus is a fantastic fresh slightly green/herbal fragrance. It can be worn always and everywhere. The durability on my skin is very good and also the silage is more than convincing, you are noticed by the environment without disturbing. We don't need to talk about the price of this brand, cheap is something else. But for the fact that this is a fresh fragrance with this potency, the price is bearable.
9.5

An appealing fragrance
I heard a lot about the Perseus beforehand, and not always in a positive sense. It was said to be too scratchy, nothing special or simply too expensive for the performance.

In my opinion, however, Perseus from Marly is a super nice leisure fragrance in summer. If you like fruity and citrusy fragrances, you're in very good hands here. For example, I also love Mandarino di Amalfi by Tom Ford or Pacific Swim by Louis Vuitton and find Perseus to be a great addition, as it focuses on grapefruit instead of mandarin or apricot and has good longevity for a summer fragrance.
1 Comment

Lemon enthusiast..
...when we accidentally zapped into a documentary about lemons in those ancient pre-Netflix days. I was not entirely unfamiliar with the feeling, as I always have my nose in lemon blossoms in the DIY store, lemon tart is my favorite cake, and lemon curd is a sandwich spread I like. What a surprise it was when I unexpectedly found the most beautiful possible smell of lemon peel in Perseus.

Incidentally, it comes without any bitter, but also almost without any sweet nuances, and is never too sour. The old stuff may also remind you a tiny bit of Florida Boy, of the finest, individually sold lemon sweets that were still available in the 1960s, and of your very first encounters with that newfangled bagged drink Capri Sun, into which the adults first stick something they call a straw before you can drink it.

Not even the most cynical of cynics can detect a toilet or bathroom note in this citrus smell. This is the pure lemon peel that you use in the "household", or the dried orange slice that you can eat or use as decoration.

However, the lemon scent does not come alone, the most beautiful version of the mandarin aroma is included, the GREEN mandarin - plus a bit of orange at its best, and grapefruit is also involved. It somehow shimmers back and forth like a faceted citrine to give the whole thing a visual comparison.

It's as if I'd found Eau de Rhubarbe or some other dreamy fruit, summer or citrus fragrance in the super-high-quality Wörschn ^^. And yet somehow different, somehow more. Maybe that's because of the rose-scented geranium leaves, which I usually hate so much because I know it as a tick repellent and find it so unbearable in All of me. Here, the aroma manages to be the perfect complement, like the dill in Thank You Next, which I hate as a spice, and the lavender in Purple Suede, which we can't stand in the garden.

The sillage is mega. The drydown is fantastic. The scent on clothes is wonderful and long-lasting. And, skin or clothes: one spray is enough.

I don't understand the bad reviews, as everyone else is looking for a summer fragrance, a citrus fragrance, a fresh one! Fresh, summer, citrus fragrance.

And now it's here - and lots of people are complaining. Why? Anyway - this stuff is relatively straightforward, I already know that it will put an end to my time as a layer grouch for good, it's just crying out for experimentation.
8.5

Valentino84
The epitome of a summery lemon
A very fresh citrusy scent, on opening the fragrance you can smell a strong grapefruit and bergamot note. The fragrance has a good sillage as well as good longevity. I really like the scent in summer and it is also more suitable for the warmer seasons. In the depth of the fragrance is a slightly woody, green and fruity note that unfolds well and is in harmony with the fresh citrus components.

PeterImaginePeterImagine 23 days ago
Beautiful smell....Lemon, mandarin, some woody....absolutely magnificent, perfect for sunny days. Not cheap but good value for the money.
OrigoOrigo 3 months ago
5.5
Average at best.

Can’t see what this one brings to the table that tons of other perfume's doesn’t.

Uninspired release.
OmnipotatoOmnipotato 2 months ago
Lackluster, generic, and synthetic grapefruit/vetiver. Not remotely worth the price.
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 3 months ago
Opens green-ish vetiver with a blast of bitter grapefruit. Dries grapefruit & orange. Lackluster performance. Just generic, Terre d'Marly.
ScottMcArronScottMcArron 3 months ago
Run-of-the-mill, boring, citrusy vetiver at an exorbitant price. Hard pass.
More statements

Popular by Parfums de Marly

Layton by Parfums de Marly Herod by Parfums de Marly Oajan by Parfums de Marly Carlisle by Parfums de Marly Layton Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Althaïr by Parfums de Marly Pegasus by Parfums de Marly Percival by Parfums de Marly Delina (Eau de Parfum) by Parfums de Marly Sedley by Parfums de Marly Delina Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Haltane by Parfums de Marly Greenley by Parfums de Marly Kalan by Parfums de Marly Godolphin by Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosée by Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif by Parfums de Marly Meliora by Parfums de Marly Oriana by Parfums de Marly Habdan by Parfums de Marly