Search Forum

What will Santa bring them?

What will Santa bring them? 4 months ago

I was surprised today that my 16-years old son would ask his grandmother for a bottle of perfume for Christmas. It will be at designer price range I guess, and I am more than happy to help to chose (and maybe purchase it myself on behalf of my mom). A few weeks ago he already tested Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette)Le Mâle Eau de Toilette (his friends talked about this one), Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette)Boss Bottled Eau de Toilette (my love when I was about his age, he had a shower gel of it last year). We gave them another try today and also Eros (Eau de Parfum)Eros Eau de Parfum (well, it was just ahead of us).

"And what about Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)Sauvage Eau de Toilette ?" he asked (I guess his friends told him about this one too...)

- Well dear it sure has to be good, but every other guy wears it"

(His 10-years old sister, a proud wearer of OililyOilily tried Lucky GirlLucky Girl with pleasure but disliked Blue SparkleBlue Sparkle on strip).

I will give him some samples "too young for me" (he already had 2 or 3 this way but I don't think he tried them so far).

I guess Santa will bring him a nice bottle and grant access to his father's small collection.

So here is my topic:

A few weeks ago @KathrynA66 asked us "What will Santa bring?", assuming we were all kind and deserving the fragrance of our dreams: https://www.parfumo.com/forum/...

(you can still contribute there !)

But are you planning yourself to offer some bottles to your beloved ones?

Which one and to whom?

Casual user or trained perfume-lover?

And... do you secretly plan to sneak some sprays from their bottles? 😇

4 months ago 1

I'm giving a rollerball of French CoffeeFrench Coffee to mom because I know she'll really like that
and I gave my purse spray of Viva La Juicy SucréViva La Juicy Sucré to a friend, they like it
gave Eau de Juice - Beach, Please (Body Mist)Eau de Juice - Beach, Please Body Mist to another friend... they haven't said anything about it yet. but I asked to be sure if it was a thing they'd like before I chose to give it to them. I was as vague about it as possible, didn't say I was giving them a body mist :') but I knew they'd probably enjoy the scent.
(also yes, my friends opened their gifts early lol but I don't mind)

4 months ago

Your friends are lucky ! And not patient 🙂

French CoffeeFrench Coffee looks fun!

4 months ago 2

I went to pick up Miss Dior (2021) (Eau de Parfum)Miss Dior (2021) Eau de Parfum for my niece and actually had to go in to the perfume shop twice that day and didn’t buy a thing. I am so proud of my willpower that day. So yeah my sister and I went halves on getting that for her because my sister thinks it’s too expensive for a 12 year old so I said since I am in to fragrance I will gladly go halves with her. She has her heart set on getting this so why deny her it and it makes a talking point between me and my niece, something to bond over also 😊

I did however but something for myself at the end of the day as I noticed that on my account I had reached level 3 of my points and when I got home remembered seeing boss bottled gift set with deodorant on sale. So I thought I would see how much of a reduction I would get with my points online. If i had bought anything in the store I would have got only £15 off but because I bought online I got my birthday promotion code added automatically also. So a gift set that should be roughly £60 I got for £20.

So Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette)Boss Bottled Eau de Toilette at £20 with deodorant is a steal and even though it doesn’t perform well it is a nostalgic thing for me as my mum got me this for Christmas way back when it was pretty much new. So it is better than nothing imo.

4 months ago

Hi Mitch, what a lovely uncle you are! It's also nice that your niece knows what she wants!

As for Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette)Boss Bottled Eau de Toilette I understand you... I got a shower gel of it for Christmas loooong ago and it's a sweet memory. I may buy as you did a reformulated-to-death bottle if I find a good sale. I had a sort of clone with Scuderia Ferrari - Black (Eau de Toilette)Scuderia Ferrari - Black Eau de Toilette , with a poor longevity and I recently got offered a good cheapie also really close to the Boss Bottled, Poivre Noir JasminPoivre Noir Jasmin . So that slot is covered....

Meanwhile my mum texted me in panic, my son told her very late that he may want Eros (Eau de Parfum)Eros Eau de Parfum or Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette)Le Mâle Eau de Toilette and how could she gets this in time for Christmas, and her parcel is already as good as sent (from France to Belgium) and... So I ordered a gift set of Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette)Le Mâle Eau de Toilette on her behalf, and it might be on time for Christmas Eve. Her parcel will likely be late anyway, and the kids are usually OK with that.

Any other gifts from perfume -oriented Santas? Let us know 😃

4 months ago 1

Unfortunately I don't have many people in my life who are into fragrances (or perhaps it's fortunate, otherwise I'd be spending a lot more buying gifts...) but I'm thinking of giving a friend my bottle of Encre Noire SportEncre Noire Sport, or at least splitting the bottle with him. I blind bought it because it was at a big discount, thinking well at least if I don't like it, I know someone who will. I probably need to give it a little more time but on the test strip I find it too strong and I have a sample of Vétiver orientalVétiver oriental that I like a lot more. I don't feel that I need more than one vetiver-dominant fragrance and if I had to choose I would rather have a full bottle or larger decant of the Serge Lutens.

4 months ago 1

Hi @ScentNebula, thanks for your contribution. I am divided here! On one hand I find it really sweet to give away your bottle, and nice for your friend, on the other I would like to encourage you to give Encre Noire SportEncre Noire Sport more chance. On me it has a unique chemistry.
As for the vetiver, there is many facets in it, and you might have more than one. I am planning to get a "fresh" one at some point (at least a travel size) : Vetiver (Eau de Toilette)Vetiver Eau de ToiletteGrey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum)Grey Vetiver Eau de Parfum or even Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense VétiverTerre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver.
And a travel size of Encre Noire à L'ExtrêmeEncre Noire à L'Extrême , but that's another story

4 months ago

Santa brought me -

Misia (Eau de Parfum)Misia Eau de Parfum and Harrods RoseHarrods Rose

I 💖 them both!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions What will Santa bring them?
Jump to