I Don't Know What 2018

I Don't Know What by D.S. & Durga
Shop now
Search on
Search
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Shop now
I Don't Know What is a popular perfume by D.S. & Durga for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is synthetic-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Search on

BergamotBergamot
Vetiveryl acetateVetiveryl acetate ISO-E-SuperISO-E-Super
AmbroxAmbrox CivettoneCivettone Firsantol®Firsantol®

Perfumer

Submitted by Aquamonza, last update on 17.04.2023.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

9.5
VickyVick
I do know, that I like you
I ordered the scent as a bottling and then bought it as a bottle. Sometimes you read fragrance descriptions and think yayyy. When he then arrives, it is often also times a naaaay.

Not so with this fragrance, at least for me. It's woody, warm, fresh, earthy, dark, tart yet soft, almost a bit pungent and minimally sweet.
It's special, like you have an aura around you that captivates you and it almost has something mysterious about it. You can not really explain it, just a I don't know what.

He is totally different for me than the molecules, which also love. Not so clear, but rather gloomy. I find him as a woman to wear mega exciting, because he sticks out, but he still flatters and the fragrance vlt but rather with a man is suspected. Who likes the flowery cotton candy, so here is wrong.

I wear it alone without layering it, because it just smells so incredibly good. On me, the scent lasts extremely long and unfolds really well. Especially when the body is a little heated. I have to smell it again and again, because it is somehow addictive and if that is so, he must be in the collection
4 Replies

Slightly interesting albeit expensive
D.S. & Durga’s 2018 release, I Don’t Know What, is described as “a fragrance enhancer with a transparent radiance that gives any perfume a certain, as the French say, ‘I Don’t Know What.’” So while it may not seem ideal to try a fragrance enhancer on skin by itself, I nonetheless want to experience it that way and evaluate it on its own merits.

It’s a citrus/woody mix with a good amount of ISO E super and ambroxan, sharp and musky, understandably involving some of the chemicals that are known to boost performance. On its own, though, it is perfectly pleasant as it contains a fairly agreeable mix of notes, in this respect—after all, ISO E super and ambroxan do tend to blend in fairly well. It has a vague kick to it, perhaps a spiciness, that prevents it from being wholly fresh, and so it has a wee bit of character.

However, I do not feel that it is a fragrance that I would reach for on its own, which makes it all the more puzzling mimics most of the line, at $260 for 100ml EDP, $175 for 50ml EDP, and $72 for 10ml pocket perfume oil, and is sold through the house website, Luckyscent, Saks Fifth Avenue, among others, though it is much more affordable at FragranceNet, where it is $162/109 for 100/50ml.

It’s somewhat interesting, though.

6 out of 10
0 Replies
9.5
I Don't Know What, too!
I Don't Know What - he just wouldn't let go after the first test.
Meanwhile I think I can estimate the scent (yes, for me it is one) quite well.
For me, the scope of application is clearly to wear it as a stand-alone fragrance, I find it much too good to lay it down! Especially since he plays almost everything else he would be layered with against the wall with ease,

This fragrance is eerily radiant, it is like a glistening light! For me the best of M01, E01 and E02.
The essence from the Essentric Molecules.

To describe the fragrance I found the interpretation of "Terra" to be the best:

" Lemon slice in a glass of water (unsweetened) on a wooden, minimalist soiled Iso-E-Super. "

But he is anything but weak in this. Immediately after spraying it on, it leaves an oily film like I usually only knew it from Profumum Roma, which speaks for a quite high percentage of scented oils for me!
This then also confirms the durability! At cold temperatures 8-10, when it is warm even more hours!
Yeah, the smell's not cheap, but you get your money's worth. Unfortunately, the withdrawal from the EU market will probably make it a little harder to get hold of the fragrance in the future, but it is worth it!

Users of Le Labo Antoher 13 or the Esentrics should be told, this one is worth a test!
5 Replies

1 short view on the fragrance
MSCRomanMSCRoman 3 years ago
On it's own, it doesn't smell much at all, and the only note that sticks around is the civettone. I have not yet tried it as an "enhancer".
0 Replies

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by D.S. & Durga

Hylnds - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga Bowmakers (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Amber Kiso by D.S. & Durga Siberian Snow by D.S. & Durga Amber Teutonic by D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Isle Ryder by D.S. & Durga Italian Citrus by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear by D.S. & Durga Mississippi Medicine (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Cowboy Grass by D.S. & Durga Coriander (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Debaser (Eau de Parfum) by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Foxglove by D.S. & Durga Hylnds - Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by D.S. & Durga Freetrapper by D.S. & Durga St. Vetyver by D.S. & Durga Sir by D.S. & Durga Notorious Oud by D.S. & Durga Radio Bombay by D.S. & Durga