Moon Carnival 2018

Moon Carnival by Vilhelm Parfumerie
Moon Carnival is a perfume by Vilhelm Parfumerie for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Floral
Creamy
Fruity

Passion fruitPassion fruit BergamotBergamot Pink freesiaPink freesia
TuberoseTuberose GardeniaGardenia OrchidOrchid
MarshmallowMarshmallow Tonka beanTonka bean VetiverVetiver
Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 27.02.2024.

6.5

Nanaafromgha
As a white floral lover, I’m disappointed
As a lover of white florals, I expected to LOVE this one. But, every time I try to wear it, it just doesn’t WOW me the way I need it to. There isn’t anything inherently wrong with this fragrance and I can honestly say that I like it, but not enough to keep it in my collection.

Moon Carnival is such a cute name and that’s how I would decide this scent. It’s cute, it’s flirty, and it’s a fun and sweet white floral fragrance. What I really appreciate about this fragrance is the freesia because I feel like it’s a note that isn’t featured very often in fragrances. Here, the freesia adds a sharp, powdery-green touch to a subtly sweet fragrance. The tuberose and gardenia combo kind of remind me of that in Estée Lauder’s Tuberose Gardenia, but the tonka, marshmallow, and passion fruit tone down the “seriousness” and “maturity” and give this fragrance a playfulness. I do prefer TG just because I don’t like my white florals messed around with too much, and I truly believe that’s what Vilhelm was going for with this frag: making a white floral fragrance for those that don’t necessarily love white florals or florals in general. If you came here looking for a strong, sugary marshmallow, look elsewhere because it’s quite tame here. The focus of the scent is really the white florals.

As for performance, the longevity and projection are moderate and this is one that’s really great for warm weather. It’s also more of a daytime scent, so I can agree with others that have said the name doesn’t fit well (but based on the smell, it kind of does fit?? Idk). I think this fragrance is definitely worth a try, especially for those looking to add florals and variety to their collection.
2.5

Thatsmr2usir
What Carnival resembles this?
WHOA!!!!! I am not one to say rather a fragrance is for men/women. Hell, I wear everything marketed underneath the sun.... But this here at least to my nose & on my skin is for the ladies. First spray I am assaulted with florals... Freesia, Tuberose & Gardenia! Freesia & Gardenia are the two strongest florals I smell. And to be honest, I can stomach freesia to a certain extent depending on what other notes it is mixed with, but that gardenia??? NO THANK YOU! That is one of thee worst florals to my nose. I do not like the smell of it whatsoever... And in this particular fragrance, it is trying to take first place. It literally makes me want to gag... I do not get any orchid, a flower which I love though I am sure it would not matter because it would have been buried under the gardenia & freesia.

I get a pinch of bergamot underneath the florals but it is not helping whatsoever. The dry down is suppose to have vanilla, tonka & marshmallow?? Not on my skin... This is a straight up floral BOMB from start to finish. If you are not into florals & especially these particular florals, you may want to avoid. Your skin may pick up other notes that mine does not.

I wonder what made them come up with the name Moon Carnival? To me, this smell does not resemble a carnival rather it be by moon nor sun. This is a big NO NO for me...

Marquise27
The gentle tuberose in the footsteps of seduction
In fact a sensual tuberose scent, but in my opinion it is very tame. Very beautiful and pleasing, not dangerously sensual and seductive. The tuberose is beautifully wrapped in tonka bean and vanilla, which makes it completely lack the often so typically pungent and sharp, which makes me very happy. However, he gets very close to the body and does not stay very long, his rendezvous is of short duration (3-4 hours). What a pity with the price and this fine brand , but perhaps he is also one of those gentle summer candidates . An easily perceptible fruitiness gives it something bold, a perfume that spreads a good mood and makes the environment feel good. Also, he has a gentle-sweet reverberation, but in a very restrained way. I like him, but to buy it has not been enough.

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Vilhelm Parfumerie

Morning Chess (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dear Polly (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Poets of Berlin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Black Citrus by Vilhelm Parfumerie Mango Skin by Vilhelm Parfumerie Basilico & Fellini (Eau de Parfum) by Vilhelm Parfumerie Stockholm 1978 by Vilhelm Parfumerie Room Service by Vilhelm Parfumerie Fleur Burlesque by Vilhelm Parfumerie Darling Nikki by Vilhelm Parfumerie A Lilac A Day by Vilhelm Parfumerie The Oud Affair by Vilhelm Parfumerie 125th & Bloom / Harlem Bloom by Vilhelm Parfumerie Dirty Velvet by Vilhelm Parfumerie Smoke Show by Vilhelm Parfumerie Purple Fig by Vilhelm Parfumerie To My Father by Vilhelm Parfumerie Do Not Disturb by Vilhelm Parfumerie Chicago High by Vilhelm Parfumerie Body Paint by Vilhelm Parfumerie