Gentleman Givenchy 2021 Eau de Toilette Intense

Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Givenchy
Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Toilette Intense) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Powdery
Fresh

CardamomCardamom BasilBasil BergamotBergamot
Blue irisBlue iris CypressCypress
CoumarinCoumarin CedarwoodCedarwood

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.02.2024.

Helpful Review 5
I had really high hopes for this one…
…because it was repeatedly compared to Dior Homme Eau (which is one of my absolutely favorite scents).

I scoured the earth to find it, and immediately tore it open when I did. 5 shots (2 to the sides of the neck, 1 to the back, and 1 on each wrist), and I was on my way.

Immediately I was greeted with a very dry, yet waxy feeling makeup vibe. Nothing at all like Dior Homme Eau. While it was a lipstick feeling, I really wouldn’t compare it to the other DH scents either.

It’s not a bad scent, it’s just that I was hoping for something similar to DHE, and the only thing this one has in common is the color of the juice.

Performance wise, the projection is thick and solid, but restrained to within a 3ft or so projection bubble. Sillage is there as well, for 3 hours or so, and the overall longevity isn’t bad, lasting 6+ hours as a skin scent after the first 3-4 hours have passed.

If you like Iris, you’ll probably want to have a look at this one. It’s definitely prominent, but also know that it’s that lipstick-esque feeling Iris that you’re going to get.

Again, I don’t dislike it, nor do I regret buying it, but it is nothing like the Dior Homme Eau scent. To each their own.

Helpful Review 3
Powdery, Sweet, Romantic yet green...
Givenchy Gentleman Intense IMO is easily the best scent in the whole lineup, a fresh, sweet yet powdery frag that you can wear all year around. Pulls a few compliments as well.

Upon a first whiff you will smell: Citruses, Cardamom and a sharp Cypress accord. Alongside the greenness, the opening has a boozy "barrel of liqueur" quality to it. Which lasts for an hour or so, then it slowly dries down to a sweet Iris base. And it stays there for about 8 hours, slowly projecting less and less. In total the longevity is about 9-10 hours on my skin, solid projection for 3 hours. Excellent for an EDT! Sensational.

Would i recommend it? Yes, buy the biggest bottle you can. I'll probably do that.

Honest opinion
The iris fad is in full effect. However, out of the Givenchy Gentleman line that I own, I like this one the least; I would much rather reach for Boisée or Privée before grabbing this. But that’s not to say this is bad by any means. I honestly believe Gentleman Givenchy EDT Intense shares striking similarities to Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau the second and is definitely gear more towards warmer temperatures.
8.5

AugustoB
The signature on the line
The most versatile of the Gentleman line, one of the best lines of designer perfumes. I couldn't choose which one I like the most, but this EDT Intense is undoubtedly the one I use the most. It has a fleeting citrus note, which gives way to woods, a soft iris that provides maturity and a slight powderiness, all sweetened with coumarin. He has the Gentleman gene and personality. It stands out in autumn and spring, but I wear it all year round, its performance is more than satisfactory and it is a great alternative as a signature fragrance to go out of the ordinary in blue fragrances. Solid, all-terrain and distinguished.

A Perfect Gentleman
The Iris and cypress opening with basil gives the scent that fresh spicy feeling which I find a little invigorating. Perfect for that after a shave/shower spring in your step in the morning as you go about your business.

As it dries down you get a powdery vanilla, woods with a very nice touch of caramel/toffee.

I find the scent to be addictive and just lovely to wear, a perfect daytime scent for the gentleman. Very nice!
More reviews

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 years ago
Cardamom, iris, cedar and tonka bean. Woody, dry, floral and powdery. It's slightly sweet and spicy. I don't find the blend very pleasant.
SpiffSpiff 2 years ago
9.5
Nice and versatile. Creamy iris similar to the EdP but fresher and lighter. EdP dark resinous feel is replaced by green and woody facets.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 years ago
7.5
Gentleman EdP + peach ice tea. I was afraid the peach might be too feminine but not at all. fresh ice tea and powdery iris
1 Comment
ArminBCArminBC 1 year ago
A strong perfume that isn't blind buy worthy. On the right person, it might make a good pairing but not on me unfortunately ...
Patj1994Patj1994 11 months ago
The really strong herbal notes throughout really throws the scent off for me. My least favorite in the gentleman line next to society.

Popular by Givenchy

Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée by Givenchy L'Interdit (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum Boisée) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Society (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy Cologne by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy