Vanille d'Iris 2015 Eau de Parfum

Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne
Vanille d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Ormonde Jayne for women and was released in 2015. The scent is powdery-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Powdery
Floral

Carrot seedCarrot seed Pink pepperPink pepper Coriander seedCoriander seed Sicilian bergamotSicilian bergamot
Orris absoluteOrris absolute MagnoliaMagnolia OsmanthusOsmanthus Jasmine absoluteJasmine absolute
CedarwoodCedarwood MuskMusk Tahitian vanillaTahitian vanilla VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver AmberAmber

Perfumer

Submitted by Michael, last update on 21.12.2023.

Top Review 19
Smoky Clam And Salad Dressing
I was extremely curious about "Vanille d'Iris" because I like the fragrance pyramid - still do. Even though I unfortunately had to realize that VdI is not a fragrance for me. But from the beginning:

VdI starts with me with an unpleasant smoky note. It's as if in a non-smoking household a smoker had hung his jacket on the coat rack, and when the is already gone again, you ask yourself: what is this? Until you remember who was visiting.

Then comes a beautiful phase: the spices are warm-spicy and after a while, timid floral powder joins them. Ah! Now it's going to be something with us. Unfortunately not: because after about an hour, maybe 1 1/2, an unattractive sour note is added, and I have to think of salad dressing: vinegar, oil, spices mixed well... And this mixture lasts quite a long time on my skin, and I keep my nose away if possible. Good that the sillage does not seem to be so dolle, in any case, no one speaks to me in the afternoon on my fragrance.

When I then sniff again after a few hours on the wrist, there is a decidedly weak base of cedar-spiced, sweetish vanilla.

I thank Serenissima and Susan for the test opportunity.
9.5

Top Review 18
Glowing floating in wood
Free association:
A sheep, a storm, a hot cup of tea, a long chain, a touch, an unusual thought, a familiar feeling.

The free roar of the sea. Mineral light reflections of the waves. Glitter in the rock of a rock in the mountains. A touch of cooling vetiver, the smoke of wood, very soft, never charred. Wisdom, distance and proximity. A wide horizon, height and depth. Movement.

Concentration on the scent:
I smell coriander and pepper as a slight tingling, a light veil of iris, still with a carrot component that makes it light and juicy. Soon some vanilla, light beige warm shimmer of light.

The fragrance immediately begins to play with light impressions. It is airy, light that falls through a fine fabric, it shimmers, it wafts. And has a softly tart note, as if the whole potion had been poured over an old wooden stump. Sometimes silvery, sometimes golden, it floats up into the air to settle gently on the skin again. The impression is elegant, at the same time it seems technically playful, that is very lively for my perception, but an "adult vanilla" an elegant, very dry iris, more root than glam powder. No hairspray, no lipstick, no theatrical makeup. Abstract as well as natural, distant and at the same time immediately merging. This grey-beige iridescent light is preserved when the fragrance becomes more floral after half an hour. Jasmine can be guessed, but does not upstage the slim, tall iris with its eroticism, magnolia makes the whole thing shine even more. So it remains for a long time, a sometimes flickering iris spice powder.
It disappears, it comes back as soon as you forget it, this is a real iso-E super trick here, but used so skilfully that the fragrance loses neither calmness nor elegance and also goes deeper and deeper. Causes AugustA a slight wanderlust and an intimate fascination. So I find this fragrance so fitting, so familiar, despite its abstract construction, that the fascination increases with every minute. The suction of the Duftaura is great, but it always remains light and floating. A beautiful stranger who became dear at the first moment of the encounter. So naturally extraordinary. For the evening for the night for the day.

In the end the glow weakens, a hint of spice, vanilla and wood and a facet of iris, which is now very well-groomed, very pleasant. I noticed this sound in my clothes days later after the first rehearsal, and it is perfect, I like to reach for this sweater or scarf again to put it back on. A familiar and exciting smell. What more does a man/woman want?

StaciaStacia 2 months ago
Smells like sticking my nose directly into the container of loose powder I use to set my makeup. Soft and sweet with a hint of warmth.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 6 years ago
A light and powdery Iris/violet note reminiscent of Dior Homme. Vanilla plays the perfect supporting role elevating all other aspects.

Popular by Ormonde Jayne

2. Nawab of Oudh Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco Intensivo by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Verano by Ormonde Jayne 2. Nawab of Oudh Parfum by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Man (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Black Gold by Ormonde Jayne Ambre Royal (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Tolu (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne 4. Montabaco (Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Cuba by Ormonde Jayne Royal Elixir by Ormonde Jayne Ta'if (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Muscat by Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Montabaco Extrême by Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Elixir by Ormonde Jayne Levant (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne Damask (Eau de Parfum) by Ormonde Jayne