L'Homme Water Splash 2019

L'Homme Water Splash by Prada
Shop now
Search on
Search
We may earn a commission when you buy from links on our site, including the eBay Partner Network.
Shop now
L'Homme Water Splash is a popular perfume by Prada for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-powdery. It was last marketed by Puig.
Search on
Search

Fresh
Powdery
Citrus
Floral
Creamy

Mandarin orange leafMandarin orange leaf NeroliNeroli
GingerGinger
SandalwoodSandalwood CedarwoodCedarwood
Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.05.2023.
  • RateRate
  • CollectionCollection
  • ClassifyClassify
  • NotesNotes

Top Review 26
A Bigger Splash
First a short but necessary excursion.

Fragrance markings and fragrance pyramids are a minefield. We're reading: There's ginger in there. So we search for the ginger until we find it. Whether it is now contained or not (this could probably only be found out in the laboratory to some extent). But sometimes it's the other way round: we smell something that doesn't seem to be included. A prominent example: the Layton Exclusif. Up to a correction proposal, based on the official manufacturer's page, everyone thought that the fragrance contained the scents Zibet and Oud. (Allegedly) Blow cake! The "Animalik", which even my amateur nose meant to sniff out, is (allegedly) not included. A brief comparison of the other fragrance pyramids of Parfums de Marly fragrances with those of the manufacturer showed that almost all had to be revised and thousands of perfumes and perfumos had sniffed out "things" that (allegedly) are not included. Psychological science offers numerous explanatory models for this collectively erroneous olfaction. But maybe the problem is also on the other (manufacturer)side.

Why this introduction? For two reasons.

On the one hand because this observation has made me generally cautious about fragrances, and I have come to the conclusion in the meantime: The fragrance pyramids of the manufacturers are likely to be strongly marketing-driven and may even be adapted afterwards - one should primarily trust one's own nose and those of other "end consumers". Meanwhile I don't believe anybody anymore who claims that he/she could "imagine the real scent" on the basis of a scent pyramid, no matter how many thousand scents have already been tested. A scent is more than the sum of its scents - and you can obviously not always rely on the scents given.

On the other hand, with regard to the scents - to finally mention the Water Splash - one could assume that this L'Homme flanker is completely different from the original, which has already become a classic. Because: They then shared only neroli and cedar(wood). But: Every not snuffy nose sniffs out even at night three spontaneously from sleep that these are two very, very closely related scents (see numerous statements below). The best explanation: A Flanker can be sold better with large differences in scents on paper.

Nevertheless, in my opinion Water Splash is an interesting fragrance for at least the following target groups:
1) All those who do not yet own L'Homme or other Flanker and would like to purchase a very similar fragrance at a fraction of the price from the same manufacturer and officially the same perfumer. Currently with about 0.33 € / ml really cheap to have.
2) All those who appreciate L'Homme very much, but find it a little too "distant" (yes, that is a completely subjective impression). The Water Splash adds a delicate, slightly bitter-citric fruitiness to the L'Homme DNA, which for me makes it a decisive nuance "warmer", "more lively" and "more summery". (Like an aperitif with mineral water vs. one with mineral water and a dash of orange).
3) All Prada fans who just want to own every Prada fragrance (which should be quite expensive).
4) All those who are looking for a serious, not boring "business fragrance" that can be worn without hesitation even in their leisure time, and who can make friends with a 150ml bottle.
5) All those who would like to take a seat in David Hockney's famous painting "A Bigger Splash" on the empty director's chair at the edge of the swimming pool in front of a luxurious Californian flat-roof bungalow on a day with a bright blue sky, to witness that title-giving "Splash" after jumping from the 1-meter board, and who value being appropriately scented for the context.
4 Replies
Top Review 18
Youtube and the soap that isn't. Or: What makes a good flanker?
I deliberately do not write "Jeremy" now, as I am reluctant to drive the gentle reader away to weinkenner.de, Horse&Hound or other prolldisjunct reading.

But: L'Homme is so so so so so so so so so so present in the videos of the aforementioned scent-influencer, that I would now like to contribute my two cents to the soap king, even though pretty much everyone here should have an opinion on Prada's bandwagon horse, and even I have already dedicated a comment to the OG.
The DNA can ever not be bad, it is waved through even by the more demanding conoisseurs here predominantly magnanimously, which is with mainstream designers, yes, an ennoblement.

My general thoughts on L'Homme - series I can subsume briefly as follows:

1. I have never, really never smelled a soap that smelled like #L'Homme. Not at home, not at the hotel, and not even in Abu Dhabi. But then, I've never been there.

2. The DNA definitely creates a fresh-clean connotation with me, despite presumably high-quality ingredients synthetic, floral, even slightly sweetish, but in ertser Linie - clean.

L'Homme has thereby a high recognition value and is clearly different from Prada's other Iris candidates. In particular, Amber pour Homme Eau de Toilette comes across much more organic, sympathetic and warmer, although also a bit more old-fashioned.
L'Homme Water Splash is the freshest, and lightest flanker compared to the original and the L'eau, but still very close to the original DNA. Tangerine and ginger give it a summery effervescence. Neroli is a bit more in the foreground now, and the sweetness that I still notice clearly in the OG is only peripherally in the background here. Iris is no longer in the fragrance pyramid, but I think I can still perceive it clearly. The durability falls in comparison somewhat, but this is by no means a flaw, because Watersplash is already by the name clearly intended as a cologne for the hotter days. And that works out perfectly.
I also imagine that I do not seem so distant-cool, dismissive professional, as with the original. Water Splash is more playful, more innocent, more casual - and that's what ultimately makes it more attractive to me than L'Homme .
And if you like the original, Watersplash is an excellent and affordable alternative for the summer. Who's closer to the original, but still fresher, more universal and with a little more charisma and durability would like to reach for the L'Eau. All three complement each other in my eyes great and fan the DNA with real alternatives for different tastes.
2 Replies
Less helpful Review 7
Can be done
Smells really good and the fragrance is quite similar to the scent of the classic Prada L'Homme. Not a bad buy for me, because I got it quite cheap (even if it was still not super cheap - typical Prada prices)
+smells great (fresh, powdery, spicy warm)
-the Sillage is quite good and pleasantly perceptible for the first 30 minutes, after that the scent quickly becomes body-hugging.
PS: this is my first comment in Parfumo
1 Reply
Very helpful Review 9
When I get stuck...
The Prada L'Homme series is for me one of the most successful of a mainstream designer in recent years. Even the Absolu flanker, which is located between the normal and the Intense, has for me its raison d'être.

The Splash Flanker was uninteresting to me for a long time, as I personally didn't like the original as much as the Intense version and didn't really need a toned down version of the standard one. However, by chance I did buy it for a good price earlier this year and what can I say, I have since emptied the 150 ML and ordered a new one straight away. The interesting thing about the L'Homme Splash is not only the powdery Prada identity, which blends insanely well with the mandarin and neroli, but has a depth that few summer freshes have for me. The Splash doesn't smell like shower gel, or deodorant - it doesn't smell like a cheap summer scent, or a synthetic aquatic. He definitely has the prada-typical soapiness without seeming sterile and a surprisingly distinctive identity, which I can associate apart from the other fragrances in the series, hardly with other fragrances or situations and also comes in my environment very well.

Whenever I was indecisive with the choice of a fragrance, I have reached for the Splash until I noticed at some point that the bottle is nearing the end. Whether it was in the morning to work or to the bakery, after the shower, after sports, in the evening when I wanted to go to the terrace, wanted to go to the movies, ran around in a T-shirt or shirt or just when I felt like it (and that was often) - there was almost never a moment where I felt that the Splash would not fit and especially during the homme-office lastigen phase in the pandemic, he has done insanely good service because he exudes a great security.

Ultimately, the Splash is a great all-rounder that I feel you can do little wrong with. He acts like a less present version of the original, but still has a very good shelf life, the Prada identity harmonizes wonderfully with the tangerine and the great price (currently still about 50 euros for 150 ML) as well as the very valuable and great-looking bottle make it for me a successful flanker. If I did not know better, I would associate it with a very luxurious soap, which radiates a very noble cleanliness.

I can only hope that Prada does not discontinue this flanker, but the increasingly difficult availability unfortunately suggests that it may no longer be available for purchase in the long run.
4 Replies
Oh menno....
Then fold your arms and the corners of your mouth downwards. My 6-year-old I don't get his chocolate ice cream.

The Intense differs strongly from the original. Darker and more intense.

The l'eau is beautiful blue. Watery. Fresher. "L'eau-iger".

Logically what I hope to get from the Water Splash, or?

But no, nothing like that.

There is a difference to the original, but unfortunately not as Water Splash-ig as I thought.

I'm going to find a good colleague to lay off
5 Replies
More reviews

Nik604Nik604 3 months ago
The final proof that I can't stand Prada fragrances as general. At least that is clear for me now. So dramatically meahh in here, as well .
Fraghead7Fraghead7 10 months ago
This is my ultimate number 1 for the summer! The Prada l'homme line is mainstream yet i feel it is still so underrated. it so good! love it!
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 years ago
A slightly more citric version of Prada L'Homme L'Eau. Longevity is not that great but at least you get 150 ml instead of 100 ml

Popular by Prada

L'Homme by Prada L'Homme Intense by Prada Luna Rossa Black by Prada Olfactories - Cargo de Nuit by Prada L'Homme L'Eau by Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue by Prada Infusion d'Amande by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2015) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Iris (Eau de Parfum) (2007) by Prada Infusion d'Iris Cèdre by Prada Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada Amber pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Infusion d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Prada Prada (2004) / Prada Amber by Prada La Femme by Prada Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada Olfactories - Midnight Train by Prada Luna Rossa Sport by Prada Olfactories - Purple Rain by Prada