Isola Blu
Oligarch
2022 Parfum

Isola Blu (Parfum) / Oligarch (Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Ranked 71 in Unisex Perfume
A popular perfume by Roja Parfums for women and men, released in 2022. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.
Pronunciation

Fresh
Citrus
Green

LimeLime BergamotBergamot LavenderLavender ThymeThyme LemonLemon
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant Champaca flowerChampaca flower Orange blossomOrange blossom AppleApple Grasse jasmineGrasse jasmine CoconutCoconut LilyLily
Juniper berryJuniper berry CedarwoodCedarwood GrassGrass OakmossOakmoss PatchouliPatchouli AmberAmber AmbergrisAmbergris AniseedAniseed BirchBirch GalbanumGalbanum IrisIris LeatherLeather MatéMaté MuskMusk Pink pepperPink pepper VanillaVanilla Tonka beanTonka bean

Perfumer

Videos
Submitted by multiple users, last update on 21.06.2024.
Variant of the fragrance concentration
This is a variant of the perfume Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums, which differs in concentration.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums
Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette
Amour Brut by LEN Fragrance
Amour Brut

Helpful Review 16
Royal freshness with depth I ...a comparison to Basso & TdH corresponds to "olfactory blasphemy"
I am absolutely not a "typical Roja fanboy" - although I have a few fragrances now - but to compare the Isola Blu Parfum with a Basso or Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette borders on "olfactory blasphemy". What do I mean by that?

1) Basso : Sospiro starts with grapefruit and then gradually becomes woodier and spicier. The grapefruit, but also the transitions in the course of the fragrance are not as perfectly balanced as in Isola Blu Parfum; in addition, Basso simply seems more rustic. Yes, Sospiro is a top house, but Roja has the finesse. I am not an expert and do not split scent molecules in my nose, but even for me with a few years of fragrance experience, clear differences crystallize - if you want to smell them.

2) Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette - well, what can I say about this comparison. It's a great fragrance that works with citrus and grapefruit, vetiver and woody accords, but that's about it. A vanilla ice cream from Aldi also smells like vanilla, but at the Italian ice cream cafeteria the "same" vanilla ice cream costs 5 times more. Yes, perhaps there are reasons for this - and legitimately, if you like the Aldi version, you are welcome to enjoy it, but to say that it is of better quality is unrealistic by any stretch of the imagination. Again, rather rustic in structure, the transition from the opening to the earthy drydown is rather "harsh", and yes, I like the Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette and no, it's not "designer bashing", but you have to be honest, the fragrance is not on the same level.

...well, if you can't or don't want to afford the fragrance, you tend to say "it smells like this one, and it's 5-8 times cheaper". But if you are really open to the fragrance and look at it fairly on its own, then you will notice a world of difference between the scents.

But now to "Isola Blu (perfume) / Oligarch (perfume) | Roja Parfums" :

- The opening is wonderfully citrusy; a true blast of lime paired with bergamot. Very quickly, a beautiful coconut note joins in the background, which does not let this citric drift into a cheap synthetic lemon perfume, but rounds off this citric together with a subtle currant and light floral accords. It really smells very fresh, slightly sweet and opulent after a few minutes

- The fragrance then moves almost seamlessly into an ambery, light green-woody base, which is also slightly creamy-marginally sweet. A complex interplay of different notes brings the fragrance to a wonderful close; and this is where Isola Blu Parfum, Basso and Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette are worlds apart; Basso and TdH enter the drydown either peppery-green-spicy (rustic) or like TdH (woody-earthy), but far less complex and less multi-faceted.

- For me, the longevity of Isola Blu Parfum is really great and puts Basso as well as Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette in the shade. In terms of projection, it comes very close to the other fragrances; in my opinion, it projects a little longer, albeit less strongly after a few hours.

To summarize, Isola Blu Parfum is definitely ahead of other similar fragrances from my point of view; and yes, even if they smell "similar" in the air for many, they are worlds apart in the details.

...in this sense: a Suzuki Jimmy with "AMG package" also looks similar to the Mercedes AMG G63, but a real G63 is simply a real G63; with passion and attention to detail. Again; zero hate to Suzuki Jimmy drivers, but appreciate your Suzuki Jimmy, but also respect the art, refinement and love that goes into a G63.

1 Review
Helpful Review 5
Bleu de Chanel perfume in noble?
Many compare the fragrance with TdH, but it somehow reminds me strongly of the perfume of Bleu de Chanel. The Isola Blu starts with a nice fresh citrus, without being too boringly fresh. In the dry down, the fragrance develops more and more depth and becomes a bit spicier and even develops a slight woodiness for me. In short, really nice! But for me, it's just not worth the money.... According to my nose, it is simply the nobler, more complex and deeper Bleu de Chanel. A good fragrance, no question, but I just can't justify paying so much for such a fragrance. For this he blows me by far not enough from the stool.

Nor is it a "summer in a bottle" scent for me. Due to the spice / depth / woodiness I see him rather in the spring or even autumn, but not on the really hot days. He just does not provide the refreshment that I expect from a summer fragrance.

Sirbennyone
The old oligarch... / The realization! / Comparison Isola Blu vs Oligarch (perfume) / Oligarch Masterpiece and the Isola Blu naja....
Hello everyone,

now finally after xx years I have dared to try the wide range of certain fragrances from Roja Dove, the Isola Blu Parfum and not the Isola Blu, but the old Oligarch and NOT as EDP, but as perfume!
(There weren't many, but I only found this out later)

I had a (there) remaining bottle of the old Oligarch in the perfume version (not EDP) x years ago and I gave it away back then and I still remember very well how I regretted selling it for a long time. (Now I have an almost full one)

Why did I regret it?

I really liked the consistent and different way. Because he doesn't just keep it short with 1,2,3 citrusy notes and with 1,2 flowers like most do (some better and some less good) , but he takes a different approach.

The second (interesting) back story:

I have heard it this way (several times, let me correct it if it is wrong), the oligarch was no longer allowed to be called oligarch because of the Russia - Ukraine conflict and therefore due to certain "ambiguities", therefore he was hired and in his place came the Isola Blu, which was (noticeably) adapted - but more about that later!
What is the old Oligarch (perfume) actually like?
At the end of the day, it's enough to say citrusy, slightly metallic and insanely complex, but that alone doesn't do it justice. We have here a good portion of fresh and fruity citrus in an XXL portion (and that is not an understatement) in a high-quality, beautiful, noble and NOT synthetic vein.

After that comes my "LOVE PHASE", then something quite crazy happens, the citrus bomb becomes a Reflection Man many, many years ago - in 2015/ 2016 they said something like clean, metallic cold and almost sterile (but in beautiful!) and combination makes it a real masterpiece - so much for the impression and the realization!

The comparison!

The back story is well known, now to the Isola Blu. In the course of the adjustment and adaptation according to IFRA, it felt completely renewed and much was replaced and much is now noticeably on a synthetic basis. That doesn't have to be a bad thing - certainly not, with an extremely good tuning it can be very good. I don't want to (!) say that Roja Dove has done it wrong, but the Isola Blu has a somewhat.... on the one hand, they went the entry-level friendly route and the synthetic notes in the Isola Blu are not mine!
So if you do, then use an old Oligarch as a perfume and NOT Isola Blu. A comparison almost borders on an oligarch insult^^.

How is it received:

My old oligarch back then as well as my current oligarch from 2021 (one of the last!) are really incredibly well received. Whether women or men in the age range of 20, 40 or 60+, all of them love it!
When and where to wear it?

Yes, I could now say office and yes that would definitely fit, but it really always goes and always fits (no matter what season or occasion), if there is still enough of it in the formula as a perfume I would get 10 bottles! That's how good I think it is!
If I really wasn't convinced, I wouldn't recommend it to you!

And now have a nice day/evening, or whatever you read this review, LG the Benny
_______

Isola Blu vs. Sospiro Basso vs. Alexandria Nobility
The Sospiro Basso is actually very similar to the Roja Isola Blu DNA. I find the Isola Blu a little more citrusy in the opening, while the Basso is greener, almost chewy to my nose. After 30 minutes, they become more and more similar.
The H/S of Isola Blu is much better on my skin than that of Basso. I would give the Isola Blu an 8, while I would give the Basso a 6.5. The Basso can only be perceived close to my skin quite quickly.

I also tested Alexandria Nobility for comparison. In my eyes, the fragrance DNA is even better than Isola Blu and Basso. This is probably because I find the Isola Blu DNA, paired with juniper, simply brilliant. At the same time, I wouldn't classify Nobility as unisex as the other two fragrances. To my nose, the fragrance is quite masculine. I would classify the H/S as mediocre. At least on my skin and worse than Isola Blu. I would rate the H/S as 7. Price-performance would be 10.

Helpful Review 3
The hairspray fragrance comparison
Admittedly a somewhat lurid headline. But I really like the scent of Isola Blu Parfum. I just kept asking myself what it reminded me of, it had something to do with hairdressing salons. I've since figured it out, it reminds me of hairspray from the past. Isola Blu was also one of the first "niche fragrances" that I tested. The DNA then stuck with me and for price reasons I tested a few alternatives first. More on this later.

For me, the fragrance starts with citrus fruits, especially lime and bergamot, before light green notes with some floral notes are added. There is this pleasant "hairspray" note over everything (sorry, I can't describe it any other way). After an hour, pepper notes are clearly added for me, especially pink "pepper". Towards the end of the lasting time, I notice very pleasant ambergris close to the skin. At around 7 hours, the longevity is very good for a fresh fragrance. Now to the alternatives:

The Monarch:

The first fragrance I bought was Dua The Monarch. The fragrance is similar to the original in every way. However, the Monarch is wild and unbalanced from the moment I spray it on. The longevity was good at first, but not as good as I had hoped. However, the fragrance has clearly matured. The sillage was almost too exaggerated right from the start. In general, Dua shows that it takes more than just the ingredients listed in the fragrance pyramid to create a good perfume. Due to the cheaply made bottle and the less coherent composition, Dua cannot create the same feeling when worn as Isola Blu.

Basso:

I can totally understand why the Basso is so popular. For me, it combines the slightly different directions of Isola Blu (hairspray vibes) with Terre d'Hermes (more pepper). I like it, but the longevity and sillage are not nearly as good as the original or Dua. Together with the price, which is also not cheap, it couldn't really convince me.

Terre d'Hermès Eau Givrée:

For me, the Eau Givrée starts much more citrusy than the Isola Blu. I also perceive lemons rather than lime notes. The note that I like so much is only very light, if at all. Incidentally, I feel the same way about Terre d'Hermès Eau de Toilette and Terre d'Hermès Parfum. However, I understand the often-mentioned similarity based on the distinct pepper note.

In conclusion, I wanted a bottle for a long time. However, I have since decided against it. If I fancy this fragrance, I need the Dua first. I've also realized that I'm not often in the mood for this type of fragrance.
More reviews

KngsenKngsen 12 months ago
Terre d'Hermes with tacky marketing.
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 1 year ago
8.5
Clearly has Roja's signature (same musks as in Oceania). Mature-masculine vibe. Mostly citrusy & fresh, tad musky. Performance is just okay.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Similar to Oligarch but a little rounder. In the opening, citrus is less pungent and spices are weaker. Drydown is TdH with Roja quality.
KuraiKurai 2 months ago
TdH is already magnificent and well-curated. This is just as nice, but simply redundant.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 months ago
8.5
Roja typical basic DNA with some parallels to A Midsummer Dream. Undoubtedly a great scent, but the price is exorbitant
More statements

Popular by Roja Parfums

Elysium Parfum Cologne (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Elysium pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums A Midsummer Dream by Roja Parfums Burlington 1819 by Roja Parfums Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Diaghilev (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Oceania by Roja Parfums Oligarch (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Sweetie Aoud by Roja Parfums Manhattan (Eau de Parfum) by Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 3 by Roja Parfums United Arab Emirates by Roja Parfums Aoud by Roja Parfums Amber Aoud Absolue Précieux by Roja Parfums NüWa (2015) by Roja Parfums Reckless pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Vetiver (Parfum) by Roja Parfums Fetish pour Homme (Parfum) by Roja Parfums