Jubilation 40 2023

Jubilation 40 by Amouage
Jubilation 40 is a new perfume by Amouage for men and was released in 2023. The scent is oriental-woody. It is being marketed by Sabco Group / Oman Perfumery.

Oriental
Fruity

BlackberryBlackberry BlackcurrantBlackcurrant DavanaDavana LabdanumLabdanum OrangeOrange RosemaryRosemary
Bay rumBay rum RoseRose Celery seedCelery seed CinnamonCinnamon CloveClove FrankincenseFrankincense Scotch broomScotch broom
OpoponaxOpoponax AmbergrisAmbergris CedarwoodCedarwood CistusCistus Gaiac woodGaiac wood MossMoss MuskMusk MyrrhMyrrh OudOud PatchouliPatchouli

Perfumer

Submitted by Omrfrq, last update on 29.11.2023.

2.5

Oh my god
I was really waiting for this so so so much. My expectations are not so great. All we wanted is the vintage formula that last longer and projects more and that is not water down. We didnt get that. This is different fragrance like Reflection45 is different from Reflection man. So sad. Its not bad, but no where near the original.
8.5

Masterclass, but disasterclass
At this point, it feels like every 2023 release that has high anticipation has completely whiffed. Doesn't matter if it's PR product and influencer hype (see: Lovers & Althaïr) or premium niche flankers (see: Hacivat Oud and Masque Milano Ruby collection). I am going to place Jubilation 40 into that same basket.

[in-doors test, went through scent evolution 2 times]

Make no mistake about it, J40 isn't just a concentration flanker to Jubilation XXV Man. The opening instantly goes in the direction that Sebastian (The Perfume Guy) said it would - the scent smells camphorous. On my first impressions, I felt like J40 opened like a hybrid between J25 and Amouage's woody-aromatic-herbal fragrances like Beach Hut Man or Bracken Man. On my second wear, I started to find reminiscence to an evergreen or a Christmas tree. This vibe specifically made me think of a comparison like Fille en aiguilles. The top/opening is very much a woody-aromatic fragrance and doesn't really even smell like J25.

Another note that causes significant difference is the bay rum heart note. The feeling that it brings to this fragrance is akin to the blackberry in J25 done in alcoholic fashion. I don't really know of many fragrances that do boozy this well, to the point that it smells realistic boozy. The only one that comes to mind is the opening on Ytzma.

In terms of the scent pyramid & accords, this could be viewed as a boozy oriental with a woody-aromatic top. I don't think we can think of this as a fruity amber like we did with J25. I can only smell the J25 tones from very up-close. But the issue is this doesn't address the biggest criticism people have with current J25 - the performance. Much like Aventus, prevailing J25 batches are a shadow of its true former self. To me, J40's performance is just as awful as that of the current J25. The concentration might be high because of the sheen on the back of my hand, but there is no sillage to go with it and the 4 sprays on my first evolution are barely there 3 hours in.

While I was extremely underwhelmed on my first wear, I am mildly less underwhelmed on my second one. I think the underlying product is good-to-great, and I would say that it does a great job at differentiating itself from J25 with the camphorous top-middle and the boozy middle-base. Yet at the end of the day, if you're not an influencer getting this for free, you'll be paying €455 for 100ml on this poorly-performing camphorous-boozy alternative of J25. I cannot, in good faith, recommend that you purchase this. I think I would struggle to justify purchasing this even if it was €345 for 100ml. People wanted vintage J25 and they got current J25 version 2.0.

1 short view on the fragrance
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 7 days ago
8.5
Opens camphorous, think J25 + SL "Fille en Aiguilles". Dries boozy, think fermented J25. Performance is A HUGE DUD - as bad as current J25.

Related links
"Dia 40" and "Jubilation 40": The New Extraits de Parfum From Amouage
Amouage unveils "Dia 40" and "Jubilation 40", two new highly concentrated interpretations of the popular Eaux de Parfum "Dia Woman" and "Jubilation XXV Man".

Popular by Amouage

Reflection Man by Amouage Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage Interlude Man by Amouage Epic Man by Amouage Sunshine Woman by Amouage Reflection 45 by Amouage Memoir Man by Amouage Sunshine Man by Amouage Memoir Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Journey Man by Amouage Lyric Man by Amouage Interlude Black Iris by Amouage Dia Man by Amouage Dia Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Honour Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Beach Hut Man by Amouage Enclave by Amouage Lilac Love (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Epic Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Amouage Bracken Man by Amouage