Eau de Gingembre 2015

Eau de Gingembre by Mizensir
A popular perfume by Mizensir for women and men, released in 2015. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Fresh
Citrus
Green

Ginger CO2Ginger CO2 Tunisian neroliTunisian neroli Calabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot PetitgrainPetitgrain
CypressCypress Fig leafFig leaf
Blond woodsBlond woods

Perfumer

Submitted by Tatiana80, last update on 03.06.2024.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
Verveine (Eau de Toilette) by L'Occitane en Provence
Verveine Eau de Toilette
Sundazed (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
Sundazed Eau de Parfum
Gentle Fluidity (Silver) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Gentle Fluidity (Silver)

The Difference...
I have to rate this fragrance now!

Years ago I smelled a woman in Berlin, she had an insanely beautiful perfume that smelled like the old Delial,..... asked , she had bought it in Formentera.
I love that smell from my childhood and am still searching for that aura.

Louange's mundane 19 comes close, but even closer was this scent:

"Ginger-Centrale Perfumería Formentera / Parfumerie Centrale"

I ordered it there a few times until it was no longer available.

Alberto Morillas the perfumer.

Of course I kept looking and came across this fragrance and immediately hoped it was the "Ginger" fragrance as the perfumer is Alberto Morillas.

Sample ordered directly from Mizensir.

The beginning vibes are similar, more pungent ginger and I find that such a shame because the ginger note remains and then migrates to 4711 vibes in the DD, which I don't like.

What has he created differently here?

It's different to "Ginger".

It smells similar, but it gets an old-fashioned note, not that creamy delial note that "Ginger by Centrale Perfumería Formentera / Parfumerie Centrale"

has.

However, the longevity is quite good for an eau.

I miss that nice creaminess and I think that's a real shame.

So far I can't bring myself to buy the fragrance, I have to test it in warm temperatures, maybe then it will work with the Delial note.
6.5

Top Review 26
Second of two
An offensively chemically sprinkled citrus-orange note with noticeable ginger ambitions hisses around my nose, although it is more fruity than pointed. I think spontaneously (without being able to check it now) of the style, for example, of the opening of Dunhill's 'Icon' or of '27 Février 1950' by Pozzo di Borgo. Both at the front quite decent - but gingerless - fresheners. Anyway, a decent cologna-like freshness is that anyway.

Some green aspects (probably) of Petitgrain, on the other hand, are difficult to deal with and are slightly musty. And the data fig leaf and cypress irritate me at first more than that they help further. About two hours pass before, with a little good will, I at least tick off the fig. But in the end it is a green remnant of a somehow creamy mood, which lacks the laboratory crutch noticeably. The remaining retort-like fresh (Hedion?) veil is not quite sufficient as a support, although it knows how to convince in its own way. Compared to the one who did so well in 'Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic' by Guerlain, he clearly has to settle for second place.

Anyway, I've been staring practically since the beginning in the direction of "light woods", in the original "white wood". I was a little afraid of them, but I am pleasantly surprised from the late morning on. It's almost spicy. As if the missing cypress had decided not to interfere at the front, but rather to help out at the back of the defence. Anyway, the wood doesn't look like a hardware store. This is also due to the remaining freshness. In the meantime she has developed a tenacious twist and holds herself stubbornly - even if artificially - until well into the afternoon.

The big plus is this stability to the rear. After eight hours the wood is still woody and not plywood or brackish. If moreover a trace of aquatics is to be stated, it is unobtrusive.

Conclusion: An inconspicuous, persistent freshness scent for warmer days. To call up 190 Euronen per 100ml for this is of course quite sporty.

I thank Kovex for the rehearsal.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 2 years ago
7.5
Biting bergamot + ginger, a fresh-n-fizzy ice-cold ginger ale with a slightly bitter lean. Light woody base strengthens as it dries down.
CahueteCahuete 3 years ago
7.5
Solid fresh scent. Delivers ginger well, supports it with touches of woods. The whole stays 'dry', and doesn't fall into sweet notes. 7.5/10

Popular by Mizensir

Perfect Oud by Mizensir Poudre d'Or by Mizensir Très Chère by Mizensir Luxury by Mizensir For Your Love by Mizensir Ideal Oud by Mizensir Musc Eternel by Mizensir Bois Iridescent by Mizensir Solar Blossom by Mizensir Golden Oud by Mizensir Vert Empire by Mizensir Anticonformiste by Mizensir Lovely Alba by Mizensir Blue Gin by Mizensir Cologne du Maté by Mizensir Mythique Vetyver by Mizensir Ambre Magique by Mizensir Sweet Praline by Mizensir White Neroli by Mizensir Bois de Mysore by Mizensir