Search Forum

Is there a fragrance that helps you when you feel unwell?

Is there a fragrance that helps you when you feel unwell? 9 months ago

I have a fragrance i wear for when i feel anxious and can't sleep, but i don't have one that i think to wear when i feel unwell. Like actually feeling sick etc.

I wear The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette when i can't sleep.

What about you? Is there anything you wear that helps you feel better when you are ill?

I have a bit of an upset stomach, so i am wearing Luna Rossa CarbonLuna Rossa Carbon with its soapy feel to it to see if that helps with a bit of luck.

9 months ago 1

Really a no brainer but these two Le Mâle Le ParfumLe Mâle Le Parfum and Vanilla DioramaVanilla Diorama as last year I was sick for a week these two where in my rotation and I felt better.

I had a cold that I caught from someone, but I'm stubborn and continued to do my normal routine which meant getting my daily affairs done and well yeah kind of paid off.

9 months ago 1
9 months ago 2

I have somewhere sometime picked the info that the essence of Neroli is therapeutic! Both mentally and physically. Lavender is sedative and rosemary stumulates the nerve system and wakes up the brain, it also boosts the immune system and I remember that when I used to teach there was  always a small bottle of rosemary oil in my bag.Personally I use vetiver for my occasional agoraphobia! It relaxes me and my panic attack goes away.

9 months ago 1

I find Tea ServiceTea Service helps me feel better if my stomach is upset.

I believe clinical tests have shown lavendar helps relieve pain. A girlfriend uses Green Tea LavenderGreen Tea Lavender and Amber & LavenderAmber & Lavender for that reason. She says they help.

9 months ago

Some really interesting replies here thanks. 

9 months ago
The only fragrance I want if I am sick, tired or anxious KoalaKoala

9 months ago 1

Legit, when I'm feeling sick the only scent that makes me feel better at all is Vick's Vaporub. For me perfumes are no bueno if I'm ill and I avoid them at all costs so that I don't grow to associate them with it. I unfortunately got a stomach bug while I was wearing Amouage Lyric Woman (Eau de Parfum)Lyric Woman Eau de Parfum over a decade ago and I have never been able to shake the association with nausea. 😔

When I'm feeling worn out or blue I crave Aromatics Elixir (Perfume)Aromatics Elixir Perfume and Coromandel (Eau de Toilette)Coromandel Eau de Toilette.

When I'm feeling anxious I crave Jersey (Eau de Parfum)Jersey Eau de Parfum or N°19 PoudréN°19 Poudré.

9 months ago

Depends on what I'm suffering from. A number of months ago I was feeling a bit feverish and I remember that Aqua Allegoria Orange SoleiaAqua Allegoria Orange Soleia provided some relief. When I'm sad, I get a lot of comfort from La Fin du MondeLa Fin du Monde. On days when it's simply too hot, Opus 1 - Rose Coup de FoudreOpus 1 - Rose Coup de Foudre gives me a cooler feeling, thanks to the icy notes in the middle.

On the other hand, I also have two fragrances that I noticed can somehow predict when I'm going to have my period. MatchMatch smells better on me in the days leading up to and during my period. Musk DeerMusk Deer on the other hand always smells good on me, EXCEPT for on the days leading up to my period, because then it somehow smells fecal.

9 months ago 1

Citruses usually make feel uplifted throughout the day.

8 months ago 1

Unknown PleasuresUnknown Pleasures. My first gourmande.

8 months ago 2

I still have to sample it myself but I can imagine Clean Reserve - Warm Cotton [Reserve Blend]Clean Reserve - Warm Cotton [Reserve Blend] to be helpful when feeling ill, I once smelled it on someone else: very fresh and somehow really soothing; He is a healthcare worker and told me most patients react positively on how he smells.

8 months ago 1
Ringtale

I still have to sample it myself but I can imagine Clean Reserve - Warm Cotton [Reserve Blend]Clean Reserve - Warm Cotton [Reserve Blend] to be helpful when feeling ill, I once smelled it on someone else: very fresh and somehow really soothing; He is a healthcare worker and told me most patients react positively on how he smells.

Oh, cool. I will have a look at the reviews 🙂

6 months ago

I don't have any (yet), I usually crave less sensory input when I feel unwell - but I just had to comment that I've noticed sniffing perfumes always clears my nose! Wonderful for congestion. 

6 months ago

Definitely. I used to spray La Nuit De L'home Le Parfum when I was feeling down, and there is something very comforting in it (maybe the mix of anis and lavender with spices) that inmediately made me feel safe. It is my signature scent now.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Is there a fragrance that helps you when you feel unwell?
Jump to