Invite Only Amber | 23 2021

Invite Only Amber | 23 by Kayali
A perfume by Kayali for women, released in 2021. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is still in production.
Pronunciation

Oriental
Gourmand

Black cherryBlack cherry CinnamonCinnamon Provençal honeyProvençal honey Tobacco leafTobacco leaf ChocolateChocolate Roasted hazelnutRoasted hazelnut
Damask roseDamask rose Rosa centifolia absoluteRosa centifolia absolute Citrus leafCitrus leaf
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla AmberAmber BenzoinBenzoin OudOud SandalwoodSandalwood CypriolCypriol MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.06.2024.

Smells similar

What the fragrance is similar to
Oajan by Parfums de Marly
Ambre Narguilé
Rivalité Impériale by Plume Impression
Rivalité Impériale

Helpful Review 22
Once again a fragrance for dad and me
When I read the notes of Invite only Amber, I immediately had to order a bottling. With the black cherry it was directly around me. Then still the great sounding sweet components...Cinnamon, Schoki, roasted hazelnut... that had to be simply heavenly!

No sooner said than done. Filling arrived, taken directly with to Dad and tested together... the first conclusion of Paps : "Oh.... the is good" :D

(I was of course directly Hin and way. This juicy cherry (which I love from lost cherry/popped cherry), which is in the foreground, and is surrounded by the autumnal treats, just beautiful. And long lasting to boot!
A perfect scent for the colder days to snuggle up in :)

Dad said more and more often, after each smell "Man, he's really good!"...and then it was clear to both of us that this fragrance hermuss. Dad, who actually first wanted to buy no more fragrances, had to admit to himself that he still needed this one, and I, who also wants to step on the brakes for months, came to the same conclusion.

So we have at least times agreed to wait until Sephora again offers a discount promotion to shoot the treasure a little cheaper. And as fate would have it, it should already be a week later so far. Weekend Deals, 20% discount slammed.

Now we both have this really beautiful bottle (!!!) in our showcases and again it became clear that we are fragrance-technically simply on a wavelength. ❤️

By the way, IOA is declared as a women's fragrance, but we find him definitely unisex. I would even almost say that he stands dad better than me. :)
1 Comment

Liqueur on two legs
You want to smell like liqueur on 2 legs - here you go!
When I bought the fragrance fresh, it reminded me more of the souks in oriental countries. Now it has been with me for a good year. And it has actually developed differently. Very alcoholic when sprayed on fresh. It smells like dark liqueur. Berry, cherry, very dark. The fragrance then becomes finer on the skin. Not too sweet honey with cinnamon and just the right amount of tobacco. It's perfect for the Christmas season. To sweeten the fragrance a little, I like to add 1-2 splashes of vanilla fragrance.

Deep, full bodied
This amber perfume is quite enjoyable for me to wear. Although there are a multitude of ingredients, two stand out to me more than anything: cinnamon and vanilla, although I can detect hazelnut, honey, chocolate, and patchouli lurking in there.
It’s a great anytime wear perfume and I can’t imagine an adverse reaction to someone around me. It’ strikes me as a fall winter unisex perfume because of the deep cinnamon, but it’s spring and here I am wearing and enjoying it profusely.

If you haven’t tried it yet you need to!

Honey & tobacco
I've only had three fragrances from Kayali that I don't like: Utopian Coconut-Vanilla, Cafe Oud and Amber Invite.

What do these fragrances have in common? For me, it's definitely the patchouli note, which unfortunately is not listed on the packaging of any of the fragrances. Oud is also a pretty strong component that you should like, but is only included in Amber Invite and Café Oud.

Amber invite is an extremely "dense" perfume, quite a stunner if you don't know it and don't know what exactly to expect. The first thing I notice is honey and tobacco. The honey is liquid and golden, like the bottle. The tobacco, patchouli and something rosy join in and together the fragrance notes form a sweet-tart mixture. The penetrating nature of the fragrance reminds me a lot of Baccarat Rouge 540. It almost exudes something animalic, which is probably due to the amber and oud.

Personally, the fragrance is far too heavy for me, almost taking my breath away. I couldn't detect the vanilla in the drydown, but at least it has very good longevity - unfortunately to my detriment.

DogiCoco
Boozy, spicy tobacco amber with a touch of cherry
Scents like this are the reason why I try everything several times. I first got my decant when Invite Only Amber was fairly new, and I expected something quite different from the long notes list. I dreamt of spiced chocolate cherries with a creamy, balsamic amber base or something in that vein. So I was a little disappointed when I got something else, but after I got used to it I think it's actually a very nice scent. No big love, but a strong like.

On my skin this is mainly a tobacco scent with lots of woods, heaps of cinnamon and a honeyed, sticky sweetness reminiscent of dates. It has a dry and heavy base, but there is a lightly boozy cherry and amber accord floating above it that adds some much needed transparency to the scent. It feels multilayered and complex, like the different notes are coming through from time to time, though to be honest I don't get everything from the notes list. Vanilla is noticeable, of course, and there is sometimes a hint of sharpness that could be attributed to oud or cypriol. When you know it's there, you can also single out the benzoin. But dark chocolate, roasted hazelnuts, two kinds of roses and citrus leaves? Not really, sadly.
This feels clearly very much like an autumn and winter fragrance perfect for the holidays. I couldn't imagine wanting to smell like this in the summer, but maybe that's just my German "cinnamon means Christmas" conditioning speaking.

Performance-wise this met my expectations. One little test spray on my arm wafts around me for hours and lasts over night. It would be strong enough for evening use, but won't knock a room out.

This might be one of those scents that depend a lot on the wearer's skin. I let my husband try my sample once because I thought this could work as an unisex scent, but funnily it smelled more fruity and feminine on him than on me. I'm a bit jealous! The fragrances people compare this to are all over the place, too, but I would roughly group this with Brecourt Farah and maybe Attar Collection Khaltat Night.
More reviews

NeroIncensoNeroIncenso 1 month ago
Cinnamon hearts, apple brandy, and cherry cigarillos, all smushed together in a fruitcake
1 Comment
KatemorganbKatemorganb 4 months ago
8.5
A party girl of a scent: loud, spicy, and liquor-soaked, sweet enough to let you borrow her lipgloss in the bathroom, likably obnoxious.
JayvicmayJayvicmay 10 months ago
4.5
Vintage powdery rose with a slight warmth in the background.

Popular by Kayali

Vanilla | 28 by Kayali Musk | 12 by Kayali Yum Pistachio Gelato | 33 by Kayali Lovefest Burning Cherry | 48 by Kayali Déjà Vu White Flower | 57 (Eau de Parfum) by Kayali The Wedding Silk Santal | 36 by Kayali Utopia Vanilla Coco | 21 by Kayali Eden Juicy Apple | 01 by Kayali Vanilla Royale Sugared Patchouli | 64 by Kayali Sweet Diamond Pink Pepper | 25 by Kayali Vanilla Candy Rock Sugar | 42 by Kayali Eden Sparkling Lychee | 39 by Kayali Citrus | 08 by Kayali The Wedding Velvet Santal | 35 by Kayali Elixir | 11 by Kayali Oudgasm Vanilla Oud | 36 by Kayali Oudgasm Café Oud | 19 by Kayali Oudgasm Tobacco Oud | 04 by Kayali Déjà Vu White Flower | 57 (Hair Mist) by Kayali Oudgasm Rose Oud | 16 by Kayali