Search Forum

What are your favourite layering combos.

1 - 25 by 41
What are your favourite layering combos. 11 months ago 1

I know we can look up layering and suggest them on a certain fragrance page but you are only allowed one suggestion per fragrance so thought it would cool to let people post as many as they want here in the forum.

So here are a few of mine

This first one is a suggestion for people to try to get a fragrance smelling like the discontinued 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky

If you have Invictus Victory ElixirInvictus Victory Elixir try layer it with Bad Boy CobaltBad Boy Cobalt and you should end up with something very similar.

These rest I have done and know they work.

Want to smell like "XJ 1861 Naxos | XerJoff" ?

First spray Spicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme and while it’s still wet spray Scandal pour HommeScandal pour Homme and wait for them to dry then spray 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky and allow time to settle and you will have an amazing sweet tobacco scent. This is an amazing result.

—_______________________

The Most Wanted ParfumThe Most Wanted Parfum WITH 1 Million Elixir1 Million Elixir

———————————
1 Million Elixir1 Million Elixir with Eros (Eau de Toilette)Eros Eau de Toilette

———————————-

Invictus PlatinumInvictus Platinum WITH Bad Boy CobaltBad Boy Cobalt This is not so much the usual method of spraying one on top of the other but instead spray Bad Boy Cobalt on the wrists and front of the neck then use Invictus on the chest and back of the neck they are quite similar scents but created in a different way.

———————————

Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette)Versace Man Eau Fraîche Eau de Toilette WITH Essential (Eau de Toilette)Essential Eau de Toilette

————————————
Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau Intense WITH Essential (Eau de Toilette)Essential Eau de Toilette

————————————-

Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau Intense WITH Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette)Versace Man Eau Fraîche Eau de Toilette WITH Essential (Eau de Toilette)Essential Eau de Toilette

————————————

I wasn’t a huge fan of the original 1 Million (Eau de Toilette)1 Million Eau de Toilette on its own but layered with its brother 1 Million Parfum1 Million Parfum it actually smells a lot better

———————————-

Spicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme WITH Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette

———————————
Versace Man Eau Fraîche (Eau de Toilette)Versace Man Eau Fraîche Eau de Toilette WITH Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau Intense

——————————

A new one for me with my arrival of Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum which works well with Hugo IcedHugo Iced

——————————

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum with Cool Water (Eau de Toilette)Cool Water Eau de Toilette Simple and fresh clean cooling for the hot summer nights.

———————————
La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique on top of Bad Boy CobaltBad Boy Cobalt ( I have to try spraying at the same time and bad boy on top but they share some notes so I think however you do this will work wonders)

——————————-

Neon (2023)Neon (2023) with Haze ExtremeHaze Extreme

——————————-

"Khamrah | Lattafa / لطافة" with Maverick (2023)Maverick (2023)

——————————

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique with Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette)Le Mâle Eau de Toilette
——————————-

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum WITH La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique

——————————-

Slut ÉlixirSlut Élixir + 1 Million Elixir1 Million Elixir

——————————

On the dry down of Pegasus ExclusifPegasus Exclusif spray Maverick (2023)Maverick (2023)
——————————-

Hawas for HimHawas for Him + Acqua di Giò AbsoluAcqua di Giò Absolu

——————————-

Legend (2023)Legend (2023) + Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum)Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum

——————————

Legend (2023)Legend (2023) +
Luna Rossa CarbonLuna Rossa Carbon

——————————-

Last edited by Mitchcraft on 15.10.2023, 06:53; edited 14 times in total
11 months ago 1

Only layering I ever attempted and enjoyed was with Chanel Chance EDT with Chance EDP worked quite well.

And another one I plan on layering is Eros EDT with Le Male.

11 months ago
EmberRose

Only layering I ever attempted and enjoyed was with Chanel Chance EDT with Chance EDP worked quite well.

I will have to try Eros with Le Male.  1 Million Elixir with Le Male would probably work too now I think about it. 

11 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

I will have to try Eros with Le Male.  1 Million Elixir with Le Male would probably work too now I think about it. 

1 Million Elixir and Le Male...Interesting now that you planted that seed in my mind. Both combos I think they could work.

11 months ago
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

1 Million Elixir and Le Male...Interesting now that you planted that seed in my mind. These both combos they could work.

Yeah I kind of see 1 Million Elixir as a vanilla booster for fragrances that have vanilla in them and then Light Blue Eau Intense as a projection booster for some of the fresh fragrances. I saw someone say they used Aqua De Gio in a similar way that I use Light Blue intense. I have the Profomo on order since I found it in a sale and is discontinued. I would like to try Profondo also. I am trying to build a bit of a summer fragrance collection now the spring and summer weather is finally upon us in the UK. We basically went from last years summer to roughly 9 months of winter. It has been just awful but it means I get to use a lot of my winter fragrances for longer. 

11 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

1 Million Elixir and Le Male...Interesting now that you planted that seed in my mind. These both combos they could work.

Yeah I kind of see 1 Million Elixir as a vanilla booster for fragrances that have vanilla in them and then Light Blue Eau Intense as a projection booster for some of the fresh fragrances. I saw someone say they used Aqua De Gio in a similar way that I use Light Blue intense. I have the Profomo on order since I found it in a sale and is discontinued. I would like to try Profondo also. I am trying to build a bit of a summer fragrance collection now the spring and summer weather is finally upon us in the UK. We basically went from last years summer to roughly 9 months of winter. It has been just awful but it means I get to use a lot of my winter fragrances for longer. 

Oh you're from the UK too, I have another idea for other combos Spicebomb Extreme and Nuit d'Issey, Nuit d'Issey and Sauvage Parfum and one that just came to mind Tobacolor and The One EDT.

11 months ago
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

Oh you're from the UK too, I have another idea for other combos Spicebomb Extreme and Nuit d'Issey, Nuit d'Issey and Sauvage Parfum and one that just came to mind Tobacolor and The One EDT.

I only have Spicebomb Extreme of those. I do want to get The One eventually. 
It

It does remind me though of another Layering I do. It’s nothing amazing but it does help with the performance issue of Spicebomb Infrared and that is to spray extreme as the first layer then wait a bit and then spray Infrared on top. 

I hope the new infrared EDP performs better. 

I will add that layering to my op though. Thanks. 

Yeah our weather was so awful wasn’t it? I mean I know Scotland is known for not the best weather but the last 9 months has been way worse than usual. 

11 months ago 1

Nishane Hacivat with Nishane Ani

Kilian Angels' Share with Kilian Intoxicated

Cartier Oud & Santal with MFK Grand Soir

Tom Ford Tobacco Oud with Tom Ford Lost Cherry

Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim with Versace Pour Homme 

11 months ago 1
EmberRose

And another one I plan on layering is Eros EDT with Le Male.

Just layered Le Male with Eros just now. Once it settles that’s very nice indeed.

Edit: woah 20 mins in and the projection is just crazy strong. Reminds me of Le Male when it first came out and projected like this.

I had actually stopped wearing my Le Male for a long time but this has gave it a breath of fresh life in to it. Thanks for this combo.

EDIT 2

Wow, ok an hour in and it smells like The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette

Amazing lol

Last edited by Mitchcraft on 29.05.2023, 20:22; edited 2 times in total
11 months ago 1

DrDree10,

from all the perfumes mentioned I only have "Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Santal | Cartier" and Grand SoirGrand Soir and I am going to give it a try ✌️

11 months ago
Cocopah

DrDree10,

from all the perfumes mentioned I only have "Les Heures Voyageuses - Oud & Santal | Cartier" and Grand SoirGrand Soir and I am going to give it a try ✌️

Two more than me lol

I do plan to have one of those for when we get in to colder weather that I have mentioned that I want before.

Angels' ShareAngels' Share

😊

11 months ago
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

Just layered Le Male with Eros just now. Once it settles that’s very nice indeed.

Edit: woah 20 mins in and the projection is just crazy strong. Reminds me of Le Male when it first came out and projected like this.

I had actually stopped wearing my Le Male for a long time but this has gave it a breath of fresh life in to it. Thanks for this combo.

EDIT 2

Wow, ok an hour in and it smells like The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette

Amazing lol

Genuinely surprised it worked out.

11 months ago 1

I'm not as adventurous with my perfumes but I layer my perfumes with scented lotions, which is the same principle. One of my favorite combos was Embrace - Rose Buds and Vanilla (Eau de Toilette)Embrace - Rose Buds and Vanilla Eau de Toilette lotion with Les Élixirs Charnels - Gourmand CoquinLes Élixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin. It's delightful!

11 months ago
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

EDIT 2

Amazing lol

Well it kind of died after an hour. It reaches that The Dreamer stage and then just fades. Not sure why just does. So I sprayed more EROS and for the rest of the night I just got some good Eros. I was tempted to spray The Dreamer to see what would happen lol

11 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

EDIT 2

Amazing lol

Well it kind of died after an hour. It reaches that The Dreamer stage and then just fades. Not sure why just does. So I sprayed more EROS and for the rest of the night I just got some good Eros. I was tempted to spray The Dreamer to see what would happen lol

I think it's all about skin chemistry here, some fragrances maybe a beast on others while on you it maybe less fun conundrum that is perfume...

11 months ago

A new combo for me

Hugo IcedHugo IcedWITH Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum

11 months ago

Another new layering combination

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfumlayered with La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique

This smells fantastic!

1 Million (Eau de Toilette)1 Million Eau de Toilette on top of The Most Wanted ParfumThe Most Wanted Parfum

11 months ago

So another discovery

Since those both share some notes they work really well and adding the notes they don’t share together makes it all the better.

I love lavender and plum so here it is.
#ysl

La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique on top of Bad Boy CobaltBad Boy Cobalt which is actually my SOTD

ENJOY.

OMG this is amazing. Spray 2 sprays of Blue Electrique then 2 of Bad Boy Cobalt while it’s still wet on the skin and let it settle for a few mins then spray another 2 of Bad Boy Cobalt on top and just wow! This smells absolutely fantastic!

What’s interesting is they both have Electrique in their name Bad Boy cobalt’s full name is actually Bad Boy Cobalt Electrique so it’s like they were made for one another. It smells better than either on their own and that’s saying something as they both smell fantastic on their own.

10 months ago
10 months ago 1

The One for Men (Eau de Toilette)The One for Men Eau de Toilette with Bvlgari Man Wood EssenceBvlgari Man Wood Essence in my mind I can see this working.

10 months ago

OK so today i am wearing "XJ 1861 Naxos | XerJoff" , and i couldn't help feel like i had smelled something similar but i don't own anything like it at all. I do however have 2 different fragrances that gives you a slight similarity to the drydown stage by layering Spicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme with Scandal pour HommeScandal pour Homme . I am wearing both right now and it is very close to Naxos drydown as smelling both hands i can't smell a difference and these are all very strong projectors so that says something.

It may work to try Spicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme with 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky ?? I am not trying that today i have enough on each hand right now lol

Let me know if your idea worked @EmberRose

EDIT:So, i went and layered the 3 of Spicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme with Scandal pour HommeScandal pour Homme at the same time, let it dry and wait about 10mins and then do a fresh spray of sicebomb again and a light spray with your hand a distance to spray 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky and you will get a very close resembelance of "XJ 1861 Naxos | XerJoff"

EDIT 2: Well now! This method after about an hour ends up smelling just like "XJ 1861 Naxos | XerJoff" . So, if you don't want to spend a lot on one bottle of Naxos and already own the 3 i mentioned now you have a way to create a Xerjoff scent and have 3 separate ones . If you still can get 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky since discontinuation, here is a reason to get it if you still can.

Tried this againSpray Spicebomb ExtremeSpicebomb Extreme and Scandal pour HommeScandal pour Homme both one spray each on wherever you want. Wait a few minutes and spray as much 1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky as you want. It won’t smell amazing at first so give it time and I promise you will end up with something lovely.

9 months ago

A new one to the list Haze ExtremeHaze Extreme with Neon (2023)Neon (2023)

9 months ago

I used to write about layering experiments as a blog on here, but stopped for various reasons.

One combination I didn't write about is Ultra MâleUltra Mâle with La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette)La Nuit de L'Homme Eau de Toilette

The cardamom and ginger from LNDL complement the pear and cinnamon in Ultra Male.

There is also a stronger burst of freshness in the opening and heart thanks to both fragrances having bergamot and lavender.

9 months ago
Exciter76

I'm not as adventurous with my perfumes but I layer my perfumes with scented lotions, which is the same principle. One of my favorite combos was Embrace - Rose Buds and Vanilla (Eau de Toilette)Embrace - Rose Buds and Vanilla Eau de Toilette lotion with Les Élixirs Charnels - Gourmand CoquinLes Élixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin. It's delightful!

Hi,

is it true that cream+perfume increases longevity?

9 months ago
Cocopah
Exciter76

Hi,

is it true that cream+perfume increases longevity?

I've found it to be true for me. Sometimes I swipe on a little Vaseline where I want to spray a weaker perfume.

1 - 25 by 41
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What are your favourite layering combos.
Jump to