Vanilla | 28 2018

Vanilla | 28 by Kayali
Ranked 21 in Women's Perfume
Vanilla | 28 is a popular perfume by Kayali for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.
Layers well with Noir pour Femme

Gourmand
Creamy
Oriental

JasmineJasmine Vanilla orchidVanilla orchid
VanillaVanilla Tonka beanTonka bean Vanilla absoluteVanilla absolute
Brown sugarBrown sugar AmberwoodAmberwood Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute Vanilla orchidVanilla orchid MuskMusk

Perfumers

Videos
Submitted by CPL, last update on 19.04.2024.

1 in-depth fragrance description

1 Review
My vanilla reference
In the late 90s, starting with the deodorant "Impulse-Vanilla Kisses" to today's great niche fragrances like Gentle Fluidity Gold - a true vanilla lover knows them all. And yes, I have to admit, vanilla makes me weak and I'm always on the lookout for the ultimate vanilla.

With this work of art, I have to say I've reached the point where I can say this is my vanilla reference.
Everything you would expect from a vanilla fragrance can be found here. A strong, sweet and relatively uncomplicated fragrance that is nevertheless sophisticatedly composed. Even the color of the liquid is a vanilla perfume as it is written in the book. The liquid even changes over time, maturing and becoming darker.

If you are looking for an absolute feel-good vanilla and at the same time don't want to support giant corporations, Kayali is the right choice.
8.5

Burnt brown sugar
The rollercoaster I have had with this scent should tell you everything about how good this fragrance actually is lol. I went from liking it, to being annoyed with it, to liking it again, getting it, DECLUTTERING it, smelling it again, loving it, and then NEEDING and craving it. Never once did I hate this frag, but the performance and all the hype around it definitely played a part in why it was so much back and forth with this. But now that I have her in my collection again, I’ll never be without her.

Vanilla 28 isn’t *really* vanilla, but it does have a beautiful burnt sugar scent that is so yummy and addicting. I love the smokiness, I love the deep, amber accord running through the scent, I love the slight earthiness of the patchouli, and I love how sexy and inviting it smells. It’s soooo damn good and even better when the juice has turned a deep purple / brown color (and the performance is better too!). I love how good it is on its own and I love how good it is when layered with other fragrances. It’s a Kayali cult favorite and for good reason.

If you haven’t already, go give it a sniff and a wear. I promise you’ll love it just like everyone else. Appropriate to wear in all seasons, but obviously, wear with caution and more lightly in the summer time, but is good for day and/or nighttime wear. I will definitely be rocking her for date nights in the warmer weather.

Edit: decluttered it again LOL. I found a better alternative that performs way better.

Rich brown sugar vanilla
If you love vanilla but can't seem to get enough of it from standard designer perfumes, this one is the way to go. I feel like most designer vanillas are either paired with fruity/floral notes, losing their warm gourmand edge, or with heavy spices/woods, making them challenging to wear on a daily basis. This however is a perfect ambery vanilla, but the rich vanilla feel is actually coming from tonka bean and brown sugar.

Many complain about the performance which I can understand. I personally like the fact that it's not a powerhouse, because it makes it appropriate for daytime and not offensive to those around you.

I've gone through a few travel sizes of this and I've noticed that the scent is quite different depending on how light/dark the juice is. It's still the same delicious perfume, but as it gets darker it becomes denser and spicier. When it's super dark it sometimes makes me sneeze, which didn't happen before. I've heard it smells floral to some, I'm guessing they have a bottle with very light juice from a new batch, because I've never got that. I would love to get one from a fresh batch to experience that.

Although this is one of my top 2 perfumes ever (with Delina la rosee) I'll keep buying the travel sizes because I don't like how fast it turns really dark. If I didn't have many other perfumes and I wore this almost every day, I'm sure a 50ml would be fine. But I hate feeling like I'm in a hurry to use something up, it would make my favorite perfume feel like a chore, so that's my only complaint. I still love it because it's delicious, easy to wear and super versatile.

Not my vanilla
Vanilla | 28 | Kayali" starts vanilla-like, develops vanilla-like and ends vanilla-like. In between, I pick up something floral and beautiful, but the vanilla overwhelms everything. To me, this vanilla smells more like vanillin, as if you always tried to use real vanilla when baking a cake but in the end, because it's easier and quicker, you just used vanillin sugar.
I love the Invite Only Amber | 23 and was hoping for the best from the Vanilla | 28, luckily it was a bottling, because the scent won't soak in.
But maybe my nose is too spoiled with certain X aniseed, but for me the Kayali vanilla is too artificial and not worth it.
VG
1 Comment

1 Review
Anamarija01
Vanilla sugar and fluffy pillows
If I had to describe Kayali Vanilla 28, I would describe a warm living room with a cozy couch, white fluffy pillows and a white fluffy blanket to lie in, with a warm cup of milk that tastes like vanilla and brown sugar.
For me, the fragrance embodies exactly that. I wasn't immediately convinced at first but now I have the original size and I can't stop smelling it when I have it on. The first thing you notice is a strong alcohol smell, but it fades very quickly and what remains is the scent of vanilla, brown sugar and musk. I don't perceive the fragrance as flowery at all, but rather warm and cozy. I'm looking forward to the next time I can use the perfume

ScentwitchScentwitch 3 years ago
This is a really nice vanilla, a bit smoky. Unusual and worth a try if you enjoy vanilla!
Ka3nKa3n 2 years ago
Will never understand the hype of this. Sad take on Guerlain SDV. Very cheap and commercial smelling. They seem to copy a lot. Pass for me
PurpleKatPurpleKat 8 months ago
8.5
Rich, cosy, lightly-spiced vanilla. Absolutely delicious. Amazing to wear alone or for layering. Performs well, especially when aged.
DanaMDanaM 8 months ago
I absolutely adore this. Every single time I put it on, all I can think is that I smell amazing. It is warm and comforting and it just makes me happy.
ItscoralItscoral 1 year ago
A lovely, linear vanilla scent. Great for layering. I suggest only using it in the colder months, as it can be too cloying in warm weather.
More statements

Popular by Kayali

Musk | 12 by Kayali Yum Pistachio Gelato | 33 by Kayali Lovefest Burning Cherry | 48 by Kayali Déjà Vu White Flower | 57 (Eau de Parfum) by Kayali Invite Only Amber | 23 by Kayali The Wedding Silk Santal | 36 by Kayali Utopia Vanilla Coco | 21 by Kayali Eden Juicy Apple | 01 by Kayali Vanilla Royale Sugared Patchouli | 64 by Kayali Sweet Diamond Pink Pepper | 25 by Kayali Citrus | 08 by Kayali Eden Sparkling Lychee | 39 by Kayali The Wedding Velvet Santal | 35 by Kayali Elixir | 11 by Kayali Oudgasm Vanilla Oud | 36 by Kayali Oudgasm Café Oud | 19 by Kayali Oudgasm Tobacco Oud | 04 by Kayali Déjà Vu White Flower | 57 (Hair Mist) by Kayali Oudgasm Rose Oud | 16 by Kayali Oudgasm Smoky Oud | 07 by Kayali