Privé

Duchessa 2020

Duchessa by Gritti
Ranked 62 in Women's Perfume
Duchessa is a popular perfume by Gritti for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Fruity
Gourmand
Creamy

Black cherryBlack cherry MarzipanMarzipan Blood orange zestBlood orange zest Bitter orangeBitter orange Saffron blossomSaffron blossom
CocoaCocoa JasmineJasmine White blossomsWhite blossoms CloveClove
AlmondAlmond Brown sugarBrown sugar IrisIris

Perfumer

Submitted by Freshdennis, last update on 13.04.2024.
Interesting Facts
The fragrance is part of the "Privé" collection.

1 in-depth fragrance description

THE cherry
For me the perfect cherry scent, but more for fall/winter...was a "blind buy" for me as always based on Demi Rawlings Youtube-raving...like "Tom Ford lost Cherry:goodby" and she was right...or our tastes are very similar.I am thrilled!It starts with a rather sharp cherry (someone on Fragrantica.com mentioned an "iron-smell" and there were also several people who complained about a "screechy-note"...so you shouldn't risk a "blind-buy" here!), but for me a very realistic cherry scent. In the course then it is like a Mon cheri praline...The durability is also very good (even the negative reviewers on fragrantica.com admit that!), the sillage too...and the fragrance is very sexy and addictive (at least me).

Helpful Review 6
The warm cherry amaretto fragrance to make you feel good
Once again a dreamlike creation for me, which always takes me back to Italy. Whether it's the extremely creamy gelato with amaretto and juicy dark cherries, the cherry/almond liqueur as a degistivo or the homemade cream desserts, beautifully decorated with a pickled amaretto cherry on top... for me, all this combined in one is Duchessa. Soothing, cozy, very classy and simply delicious. A dream in a bottle for all cherry lovers through and through. For me, it is the most beautiful cherry fragrance currently available on the market. Zero synthetic, not too sweet, pleasantly spicy thanks to the saffron component, rounded and graceful thanks to the cocoa and orange notes and extremely exciting thanks to the many other impressions that come to light here and snuggle up warmly around you.
It adapts to every situation and for me is an optimal and versatile all-rounder for the day, cozy evenings, in the office as a mood enhancer, to emphasize your own beauty and femininity, in the evening to go out and much more. If you don't know which fragrance to wear today and spend too long pondering over your perfume collection: Duchessa always works!
I can wear it for at least 10 hours and it leaves a very intense, but at the same time not too intrusive sillage. It definitely makes you stand out and in a very positive way.

In conclusion, I would never want to be without this exciting cherry dream again! A clear recommendation for all cherry lovers and anyone who wants to smell delicious.

920luca
Masculine man in an ice cream parlor, orders a cherry sorbet :)
Cherry, cherry, cherry... very feminine, or worn by massively masculine men! I'm talking about the Italian gentleman, in a suit & tie, with a short brown beard and an elegant/masculine aura

To describe the fragrance now, suffice it to say: IT IS THE BEST SCENT ALL TIME

But for all those who haven't yet had the pleasure of testing Duchessa, I'll get back to you!
You spray it and it starts in the nose with an intense and fruity cherry note, which brings a marzipan touch. To enjoy, simply wonderful and above all something sophisticated, not too much but not the usual! It continues with a visit from almond, which gives the fragrance a certain warmth and creaminess.

In my opinion this, as well as every fragrance, is definitely unisex, but my tendency says that if the right type of man comes to this fragrance, the purchase rate sloshes to 70/30 for men! The sillage is very good, the longevity even better. An absolute compliment magnet, perfect for the evening.

Price-performance ratio 1A with 3 stars!
6.5

Helpful Review 10
Mother's sour cherry compote
On my test journey through the world of cherry fragrances, I joined a sharing on Duchessa. I have already tested various cherry fragrances and am currently equipped with a larger bottle of Vicebomb, as I have liked it best so far.

Duchessa was recommended to me as THE cherry fragrance, so of course I didn't miss out and went for it. Pleasure? Unfortunately, Duchessa doesn't come close for me, and I'd like to explain why here.

The fragrance starts with a very intense, full-bodied cherry on my skin. Sweet marzipan was also immediately apparent on the test strip, which I liked. On my skin, the marzipan took some time to develop. The issue with the "Duchessa Cherry" is that it is not a sweet cherry in the slightest - at least for me.

My parents had a sour cherry tree in the garden. It bore lots of fruit every year even before I was born. And because the tree was so big and there were what felt like tons of sour cherries every year, our family set about harvesting the sour cherries. Neighbors and relatives, friends and acquaintances were supplied with them. And my mother regularly made sour cherry compote or sour cherry jam from the - considerable - remainder. I couldn't stand it and could no longer see, smell or taste it. Not even nowadays, by the way. Only sweet cherries are allowed in my jam, cakes or other delicacies.

And the top note of Duchessa smells exactly like this compote to me. The heart note also appears very late, but then the sour cherry recedes into the background and a pleasant spicy scent spreads. Unfortunately, I can't smell any floral notes of jasmine and white flowers. I can smell a little bit of cocoa and I also think I can smell something vanilla. The fragrance then lingers on my skin.

The longevity is unbeatable at around 10-12 hours and the sillage is also quite strong. If you like the fragrance, you can wear it every day, but you have to dose it carefully.

Unfortunately, Duchessa didn't blow me away, I'm sticking with my very sweet and intense cherry from Vicebomb and think my cherry tasting journey has come to an end.
6.5

Helpful Review 8
It's not good to eat cherries with you...
... yet you look so incredibly likeable, we don't even need to talk about your aesthetics.
Your outfit alone has love at first sight potential. But let's not be superficial. Full of euphoria, I also wanted to get to know your inner values. And then you gave me the cold shoulder. You're said to be the most beautiful cherry on the cake. After a second attempt, you at least had a closer conversation with me. Well, the initial euphoria is now turning into disillusionment. You are sweet, Amarena moderately sweet, with a marzipan-chocolate flavor that is very dominant and equally linear, setting the pace and course. Too bad, you look so good and your DNA seems so multifaceted...

BodomicBodomic 7 months ago
7.5
I feel Duchessa as a feminine, balanced gourmand, and I love marzipan in it (popular on Spanish sweets). I'll gladly do the 2ml test!
ScentgorlieScentgorlie 8 months ago
warm + powdery tart cherry; smoky, like hot hair from a hair dryer mixed with a nice cherry hair product + cocoa powder. meh
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
8.5
Duchessa is Amarena black cherry and marzipan. Iris, almond, cocoa and musk softens this gourmand but also quite dark scent.
NicheOnlyNicheOnly 2 years ago
8.5
Musky-boozy cherry with tame sweetness. Unisex, fall-winter. I get a blend somewhere between Blessed Baraka and Rouge Smoking. Will perform.

Popular by Gritti

Pomelo Sorrento by Gritti Beyond the Wall by Gritti You're So Vain by Gritti Siracusa by Gritti Tangerina by Gritti Chantilly by Gritti Gossip Night by Gritti Noctem Arabs by Gritti Alvise by Gritti Tutù Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Gritti Florian by Gritti Rialto by Gritti Rebellion by Gritti Neroli Extreme by Gritti Mango Aoud by Gritti Arancia Ambrata by Gritti Aqua Incanta by Gritti Because I'm Free by Gritti Decimo by Gritti Costiera by Gritti