Search Forum

Your favourite fragrance discoveries of 2023 (so far)

1 - 25 by 27
Your favourite fragrance discoveries of 2023 (so far) 10 months ago
10 months ago 1
10 months ago
10 months ago

Adding #Sisley L'Eau revee d'Isa

10 months ago

Got another contender for this, tested this yesterday and it's bit of beast on me.

Layering Lab - SorbetLayering Lab - Sorbet

10 months ago 1

One that was actually released this year that i enjoy is Summer HammerSummer Hammer but in fact i also got another 2 of his this year Van Py RhumVan Py Rhum and PaxPax as i was introduced to this house this year by @Cocopah and i have been more than happy with his long lasting and strong sillage fragrances. It was my first step in to the world of niche, and i have to say it was a nice place to start, as i enjoy all 3. If you have not tried anything from this house and like strong fragrances, i absolutely recommend you check out some of his stuff. They are all Extrait De Parfum concentration.

Most of my other purchases this year have mainly been grabbing back ups or first time buys of discontinued fragrances while i could still get them. Such as Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum)Acqua di Giò Profumo Parfum , a back up of1 Million Lucky1 Million Lucky and as well as a first time buy, also a back up bottle of La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu ÉlectriqueLa Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique as when i got the first 60ml and smelled it i instantly went and bought another 100ml while i could as looking at my 60ml of Y EDT i realize i can go through a 60ml of something i like rather quick. I have been wearing both of the new to me as of this year fragrances a lot and plan on buying more flankers in each of their line being, La Nuit De L'homme and Aqua De Gio.

I got Bad Boy CobaltBad Boy Cobalt earlier this year also and wow i love it, i realized plum is a note i like a lot! Not only that, but I also got Invictus PlatinumInvictus Platinum as i read they were similar, and yes while they are similar they are both created in very different ways and i love each on their own, and they actually layer together very well also. You can read the layering technique in the topic i link at the bottom of this post for the best outcome.

Talking of layering, this next very recent discovery that i love, lead me to find a new layering trio that i look forward to the seasons to wear, both the inspiration for the layered trio and the trio layers as well.

That discovery is "XJ 1861 Naxos | XerJoff" . As for the trio that this fragrance inspired, you can see it in my layering topic YOU CAN READ BY CLICKING HERE

EDIT: Oh i almost forgot a couple, The Most Wanted ParfumThe Most Wanted Parfum has a lovely bourbon Vanilla note in it which has me craving more like it. Another was Light Blue pour Homme Eau IntenseLight Blue pour Homme Eau Intense at first i didn't like it but now i love it. It is another fragrance i like to use in my layering a lot. I really must pick up more of their line.

I am going to take inspiration of this thread and make one on people's least favourite as i have one or two of those lol. (unless you have already, of course, lol)

10 months ago
EmberRose

The criteria is the fragrance doesn't have to be released from this year, but you discovered it this year which ones surprised you?

Layering Lab - BlossomLayering Lab - Blossom

Layering Lab - ParadiseLayering Lab - Paradise

Green WoodGreen Wood

Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette

Daisy Love ParadiseDaisy Love Paradise

Daisy Eau So Fresh ParadiseDaisy Eau So Fresh Paradise

Daisy ParadiseDaisy Paradise

Nomade Jasmin Naturel IntenseNomade Jasmin Naturel Intense

La Vie est Belle Iris AbsoluLa Vie est Belle Iris Absolu

Le Mâle ElixirLe Mâle Elixir

How do you find Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette ?

I remember in the rarely worn topic Extreme was one of your least worn, do you prefer Infrared? They have a very similar smell but created differently I find infrared is much more lively, I love the red berries, it is like the kind of smell you get at Christmas time.

10 months ago 1
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

The criteria is the fragrance doesn't have to be released from this year, but you discovered it this year which ones surprised you?

Green WoodGreen Wood

How do you find Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette ?

I remember in the rarely worn topic Extreme was one of your least worn, do you prefer Infrared? They have a very similar smell but created differently I find infrared is much more lively, I love the red berries, it is like the kind of smell you get at Christmas time.

To me with Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette I get the smell of spicy berry sweets, can't put my finger on them but that's what it reminds me of.

10 months ago 2
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

Green WoodGreen Wood

To me with Spicebomb Infrared (Eau de Toilette)Spicebomb Infrared Eau de Toilette I get the smell of spicy berry sweets, can't put my finger on them but that's what it reminds me of.

Flaming gobstoppers by any chance? Remember them? My sister and I both thought the same.

10 months ago

easy:
The Secret Collection - Soul BatikThe Secret Collection - Soul Batik

Lune Féline (Eau de Parfum)Lune Féline Eau de Parfum

"Join The Club - Torino22 | XerJoff"

10 months ago
Mitchcraft
EmberRose
Mitchcraft
EmberRose

Green WoodGreen Wood

Flaming gobstoppers by any chance? Remember them? My sister and I both thought the same.

You hit the nail on the head, that's what I was thinking of.

10 months ago 1

I agree on 2023 surprises: La Vie est Belle Iris AbsoluLa Vie est Belle Iris Absolu - it smells unexpectedly nice to me (not a La Vie Est Belle fan).

(on a side note: how do I insert the link to the perfume page? )

Also - new to me this year, not new to everyone else - Tauer, № 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense)№ 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain Eau de Toilette Intense and № 06 - Incense Rosé№ 06 - Incense Rosé . Blew my mind!

Last edited by MihaelaA on 06.07.2023, 10:22; edited 1 time in total
10 months ago 2
MihaelaA

I agree on 2023 surprises: La Vie Est Belle Iris Absolu - it smells unexpectedly nice to me (not a La Vie Est Belle fan).

Also - new to me this year, not new to everyone else - Tauer, L'air du Desert Marocain and Incense Rose. Blew my mind!

Use # and type the name of the fragrance like so La Vie est Belle Iris AbsoluLa Vie est Belle Iris Absolu or you can type the words iris absolu with a space with # first and it'll come up.

10 months ago
EmberRose
MihaelaA

I agree on 2023 surprises: La Vie Est Belle Iris Absolu - it smells unexpectedly nice to me (not a La Vie Est Belle fan).

Also - new to me this year, not new to everyone else - Tauer, L'air du Desert Marocain and Incense Rose. Blew my mind!

Use # and type the name of the fragrance like so La Vie est Belle Iris AbsoluLa Vie est Belle Iris Absolu or you can type the words iris absolu with a space with # first and it'll come up.

Wow! La Vie est Belle L'Eau de ParfumLa Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum my mother's favorite:)

10 months ago 1
Salahharake
EmberRose
MihaelaA

Wow! La Vie est Belle L'Eau de ParfumLa Vie est Belle L'Eau de Parfum my mother's favorite:)

Please don't derail this thread, remain on topic please or this thread will get locked.

10 months ago

favorites I’ve discovered:

Opus XIII - Silver OudOpus XIII - Silver Oud
"AddictiveArts - Jump Up and Kiss Me Hedonistic | Clive Christian"

Casamorati - FieroCasamorati - Fiero

L'IrisL'Iris
SadonasoSadonaso

III-IV TangoIII-IV Tango

SalomeSalome

UnutamamUnutamam

HydeHyde
SlowdiveSlowdive

Yloud-YloudYloud-Yloud

"Musc Ravageur | Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle"

9 months ago 1
9 months ago

These 3 stands out this year 

9 months ago

Totally in love with Tom Ford Soleil de FeuSoleil de Feu which is surprising because his Soleil line has been so hit or miss for me.

Also really enjoying:

Prada Infusion d'YlangInfusion d'Ylang

Prada Infusion de MimosaInfusion de Mimosa

Strangers Parfumerie "Chokedee | Strangers Parfumerie"

Strangers Parfumarie CachouliCachouli

9 months ago
9 months ago
9 months ago

A few to add

Hard Candy (2023)Hard Candy (2023) ( I absolutely love this!)

Haze ExtremeHaze Extreme

Maverick (2023)Maverick (2023)

Neon (2023)Neon (2023) (This and Haze Extreme made me realize that the Aventus note profile which i used to hate , but when done right can be lovely)

I also have 2 that are not in the database yet that are from the same perfumer.

One simply named "Autumn Release" which is its working title of course and has a combination of notes that allow me to enjoy the kind of fragrance that it is that i would usually not go for but the way he blended it with notes that i do like makes me want this as a primary Leather fragrance to have in my collection. So a 50ml will be bought upon full release.

And another called "Slut Elixir" , (his regular Slut (2023)Slut (2023) is in the database though) which i have not tried, but the Elixir is delicious! I will put it this way, i was thinking of getting a backup of 1 Million Elixir until i smelled this and don't think oh no not a 1 Million clone because this is not a clone, it is just something similar that makes 1 Million Elixir redundant because Slut Elixir is just so much on another level oh i am dreaming just thinking about it right now!!!

My first Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum)Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum , very nice for summer and any time of year in all honesty.

Acqua di Giò AbsoluAcqua di Giò Absolu is quite nice with its fruity notes and warm ambery woods, it just needs a boost in strength which hopefully can be achieved when layered with something i hope to add to this list in a few days.

9 months ago

😄 adoro la nuova collezione X di nishane

9 months ago

SedleySedley really gave me an amazing experience today trying it out for the first time.

Smells fantastic but longevity is real bad. It could be due to the batch though. I notice in the votes drop down there was a group of people voting low longevity all around the same time and everything prior and after that period was good. Therefore I will buy a full bottle in hope I get a good batch.

9 months ago

Too many. I may have a problem.
Pallas AthenePallas Athene
"Musc Ravageur | Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle"

Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum)Dior Addict (2014) Eau de Parfum

Lady White SnakeLady White Snake

Blanche Bête - Eau de PeauBlanche Bête - Eau de Peau

Love TuberoseLove Tuberose

Le Vestiaire - BabycatLe Vestiaire - Babycat

1 - 25 by 27
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Your favourite fragrance discoveries of 2023 (so far)
Jump to